Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

A-Pillar Gauge pod

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A-Pillar Gauge pod

Hi List,

I need a 3-gauge pillar pod that will perfectly replace the factory A-pillar and look completely OEM (except for the fact that it has 3 gauges in it). This means, at a minimum, the same light gray plastic (not painted) and the tweeter cutout. In addition, texturing that matches the OEM pillar would be great. I am considering the following product:

http://www.pillarpod.com/Items/GS-32...aker%20Cut-Out

Does anyone have experience with this specific part? If you have used a different part and are satisfied, I'd also like to know (please also include info whether it came with tweeter cutout, and was textured)

Thanks a lot!
Old Feb 3, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fanbelted
Hi List,

I need a 3-gauge pillar pod that will perfectly replace the factory A-pillar and look completely OEM (except for the fact that it has 3 gauges in it). This means, at a minimum, the same light gray plastic (not painted) and the tweeter cutout. In addition, texturing that matches the OEM pillar would be great. I am considering the following product:

http://www.pillarpod.com/Items/GS-32...aker%20Cut-Out

Does anyone have experience with this specific part? If you have used a different part and are satisfied, I'd also like to know (please also include info whether it came with tweeter cutout, and was textured)

Thanks a lot!
Sorry but I forgot to also mention that my car is a 2006 Evo IX MR. Thanks again!
Old Feb 3, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have one ordered from a website a while ago it had the tweeter cutout only downside for you that its black it still matches the interior
Old Feb 3, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Go here http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...?productid=213

[/URL]

Last edited by 666 EVO; Feb 3, 2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 05:39 PM

Mine from the lancer shop is nice, i ordered the one with the tweeter cutout but didin't get it though
Old Feb 3, 2009, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by zx1216
Mine from the lancer shop is nice, i ordered the one with the tweeter cutout but didin't get it though
I saw the Lancershop one too, but I've heard second-hand that their customer service is hit or miss (screwing up billing, telling you your order is shipped when it is actually on back-order, sending you something different from what you ordered). So it sounds like their stuff is good , provided you are lucky enough to get the ordering department to send you what you wanted. That's why I was asking specifically about pillarpods. If I don't get any better feedback, I might just go ahead and order the one from Lancershop and hunker down for a drawn-out process to get it right. Once they get my money, I won't have any choice except to see the whole thing through.

On a related note, why do they even offer the part with a no-tweeter option? Are there actually people who don't want the cutout? I would guess that one of the track-ready (RS) Evo's might not have a tweeter there (I'm only guessing), but it wouldn't hurt anything to still have that extra speaker grill. Somebody who needs the cutout can end up with something really ugly if they screw up the dremel work.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

some track cars remove all speakers, radio, etc, to reduce weight
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fawkz
some track cars remove all speakers, radio, etc, to reduce weight
Yeah, that is kind of my point. They remove extra seats, carpeting, unnecessary interior trim, etc. So I don't think a cutout hole in the A-pillar where a nonexistent tweeter used to go would be a big deal.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

i have the glowshift one, matches fine a lil glossy-er than other trim but you really cant tell
Old Feb 4, 2009, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

Do not buy the one from Lancershop. I made that mistake once. They sent me one that was poorly painted, cracked, and generally looked like crap.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
Do not buy the one from Lancershop. I made that mistake once. They sent me one that was poorly painted, cracked, and generally looked like crap.
Well that settles it for me. I did not know the lancershop one was painted and not intrinsically gray plastic. I am going with the glowshift. Thanks all for your input!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have one for sale with 2 gauge hole if anyone is interested. Its the one from lancer shop with the tweeter cutout.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

This one has gotten a good review... or so i have heard:

http://www.gaugepods.com/mitsubishi.html
Old Feb 4, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by felickz
This one has gotten a good review... or so i have heard:

http://www.gaugepods.com/mitsubishi.html
I can vouch for this one... any of them that you buy, will not completely replace the stock pillar.. you have to mount it over it... even if they claim it is a full replacement, its not... unless u want to custom fabricate it to have the same stock clips.. go with this one if you want the best quality and very reasonably priced..
Old Feb 5, 2009, 06:40 AM

mine came from Lotek - i had to use the tweeter grill from the stock A-pilar. The fitment is only ok. http://www.gaugepods.com/

Quick Reply: A-Pillar Gauge pod