Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

my dealings on craigslist

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2009, 07:55 PM
bso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the process of selling my car and so far craigslist has been really interesting due to the type of people that have contacted me over it. I am starting to enjoy the "Will you take $12,000?" at two in the morning, but the even trades for a WRX are not that fun. What's next? Trades for goats and chickens..
Old Mar 9, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

So not too far off topic but have you ever been on the personnel ads on there....WTF "Looking for males to S%#t on my chest". WTF "a Hot carl"...Some are just to funny though..

Back on topic
Old Mar 9, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tnnrx7
There's always people out there to lowball you.
Welcom to the United States of America

Hooray for capitlism
Old Mar 9, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

well i just felt for good condition wheels WITH tires that have some decent treading on them would damn sure be worth more then $100 dollars. then of course i know you guys have dealt with the fakers or scammers talking to proper on a email makes me think yea this is definetly not real asking me " WHAT IS YOUR FINAL PRICE PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK MY REGARDS LMAO cmon dude i know that fake especially what i have on my posts on there. i tryed trading my 93 240sx vert on there and on the post i said AN EVEN TRADE yet i still got people sending me pics of trucks and saying with 5 grand cash im like do you people not read or what ?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

I make mad money there I love it, and I buy everything there, or here
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by akauf
yeah that happens, every time almost. I have a camper up now for 23k and someone offered 10k!!!! i had one of my old dsm's up for 1500, which was already to cheap and someone shot me an offer for $300.

I always respond, "wow you must be the haggling master as I posted an outrageously high price for my car but you saw through that and offered me 20% of what I was asking. Congratulations on being the stupidest god damned person I've communicated with this month. A feat not easily overcome."
a great line thanks for the laugh
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bso
I'm in the process of selling my car and so far craigslist has been really interesting due to the type of people that have contacted me over it. I am starting to enjoy the "Will you take $12,000?" at two in the morning, but the even trades for a WRX are not that fun. What's next? Trades for goats and chickens..
LOL thats too funny ! I had guy offer tattoos for some Honda parts that I had listed ! LOL...not quite goats and chickens, but getting closer LOL
Old Mar 10, 2009, 05:15 AM

lowballers suck!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akauf
yeah that happens, every time almost. I have a camper up now for 23k and someone offered 10k!!!! i had one of my old dsm's up for 1500, which was already to cheap and someone shot me an offer for $300.

I always respond, "wow you must be the haggling master as I posted an outrageously high price for my car but you saw through that and offered me 20% of what I was asking. Congratulations on being the stupidest god damned person I've communicated with this month. A feat not easily overcome."
I read that **** and busted out laughing in the office! ****ing priceless!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

It is amazing what people will offer. ^^^ and that **** was funny
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

yea i just had another guy locally told me he's interested first he offer $300 then 350 now i h have him up to 400, but supposedly he said he'll pay pal the money to me... WHY we are local so i told him i need cash up front. sounds like a scammer to me lol and i will not get ripped off
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:59 AM

The reason for these fake a**es is that they really don't want to pay for the goods. Regardless of the bargain.
Parting goods = free, in there eyes...but for me - Quality and economics = heaven.

Donmeca2020, don't want to blow my own trumpet / whistle but I am. Get it. LOL.

Last edited by midegade; Mar 20, 2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: add another word
Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by midegade
The reason for these fake a**es is that they really don't want to pay for the goods. Regardless of the bargain.
Parting goods = free, in there eyes...but for me - Quality and economics = heaven.

Donmeca2020, don't want to blow my own trumpet / whistle but I am. Get it. LOL.
true your looking for a deal, but how stupid could you be to to offer me or anyone $100 for a set of good wheels and tires?? thats plan stupid no one would sell anything like that for such a crackhead price
Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

I have to say sometimes the lowball prices come through. I hate when I am the one selling, but I love it when I am the one buying. I bought a set of 17's from a guy, he was asking 250 just for the rims. I told him I has 150 in my pocket or I could have the rest when I got paid that Friday. I ended up getting them that day. I also bought an Evo spoiler from a guy for 60. A real Evo Spoiler. Both guys were really just wanting to get rid of it. They both said they were tired of it taking up space.

Although I have some of my OZ rally parts for sale and 100 bucks for wheels and tires is sad for someone to offer. I have my oz rims for sale and the tires are practically brand new and just the tires are worth 150-200. I had a friend offer me 150 for them, and I am like "friend or not they aren't being sold for 150.

Anyway good luck. Craiglist sucks, but at least it's local. You could always try ebay, but who likes paying shipping for rims or bumpers?
Old Mar 20, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check this out. I post my apartment for "sublease" and I got this email that I know somewhat is not ledgit but I responded back and the second email says that the person is a 26 years old female and wants to sleep in MY room. She doesn't mind if I have kids bla bla bla... Sounds creepy

But yeah, craiglist is usually a place to get lowballers. F/S section is the place to be!

Quick Reply: my dealings on craigslist