Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just Wadded My Evo Rip.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can a Mod close this already?[/quote]

+1 this has gone overboard.. these mods need to step up to stop the haters/flamers on here that are nothing but a disease to the forum
Old Apr 13, 2009, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

HOLY **** DUDE AND I THOUGH MINE WAS BAD GLAD UR OK MAN NOW GO BUY U ANOTHER ONE LIKE I DID
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Me too man dont worry bout what all these douchebags say crap happens and it happedend too me life goes on just hope it taught a lesson just like it taught me a lesson

Originally Posted by berns15
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Speed kills your very lucky.
....drive a honduh

Originally Posted by BlackTypeS
Yeah obviously there is something you dont understand about the U.S. Speed limits are set in place for a reason - safety. When you drive anywhere cosiderably over the speed limit you increase the chance of an accident and put not only your life but other lives at risk as well. If you wanna drive like a F***ing idiot go back to germany and do it.
You want to know something, I drive a lot. Usually 700-1000 miles a week. When I'm on the highway that I drive on a regular basis I usually average between 85 and 95 mph. Why? Because I pay attention. I watch out for the other idiot drivers who don't bother to use their mirriors to pay attention to whats going on around them. Even me, at 20+ mph over the speed limit, I pay attention to my mirrors. Funny how I have no been in an at fault accedent ever in my life. Hell the only recent accedents I have to date are my car being backed into by some friggen bimbo talking on her cell phone in a parking lot. Gee, go figure...

Why am I bothering to say this? Because your making a blanket statement. You make it seem like speeding is the worst thing you can do in life. I call bull****. Get off your soap box and stop trying to act high and mighty. We all speed. Every single one of us. And if you want to tell us that you have never hit boost in your car, you don't belong on this forum or behind the wheel of an Evo.

Originally Posted by Toxin
Listen here captain America. First off, I'm not from Germany, I'm from SLOVENIA and if you like driving 55mph, consider a prius, it'll save you some money.

I didn't mean to be offensive, I just stated the facts that speed limits are higher in Europe and we drive a lot faster. And when I drove to Denmark I went through the whole Germany and during rush hour, traffic still moves at 80mph. I could say that they're probably one of the best drivers I've seen around, but the fact is that you can't just sit on the auto trans and watch cars around you move 20 mph, you actually need to focus while you're driving with them and contribute to everything going smooth.

And FYI, Germany has _NO_ speedlimit on the highways yet they have one of the lowest death counts in europe % wise on the roads.

Now go wave your US flag at someone else, I tried to make a reasonable post that involved facts and questions. There's no need to flame me for that next time.

Cheers to the OP for staying alive. Good luck with your next car, may it be an evo or something else.
Bolded for truth. This was the first thing I wanted to say after reading your comment. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong (haven't been to Germany in awhile) but in Germany on the highway, the left lane is used for PASSING. If you are in the left lane doing 80 mph and a vehicle comes up behind you at 100+, you are suppose to be paying attention and move over. Otherwise they can drive RIGHT up your *** and you will be found at fault for not giving the right of way to the faster vehicle.

German roads/driving owns the **** head American roads anyday. I HATE driving around the retards that I have to deal with every day. Half the reason why I drive so fast, to **** them off.

Call me a maniac, ignorent, unsafe, irresponceable, etc etc etc, won't phase me, been called all those and worse, I'm the one with the clean driving record, no accedents or tickets.

To the OP, I'm glad to see your okay. Someone said it already, you've been given a second chance here. If your going to get another fast car you should probably invest in some driving classes and learn there are places that are okay to speed, and places that are not. I'm not infalable, I've had a close call or two (sand on the road is unforgiving no matter what the vehicle, same thing goes for Bambi...lol), it's a matter of knowing your limits and not pusing past them at the wrong time.

Best of luck in your recovery and in what you decide to do in the future.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

i was blamed for speeding when my evo spun out, but only the people who know what the car is capable of listened to me. i was going 50mph tops, and hit some black ice on a turn which was stupid on my part, but even at 30 it would have still spun. just take it easy, your insurance is gonna sky rocket, mine is now about 6k for a year with any evo. im still hangin around cause i know ill get another evo in a few years and ignore the jackasses. it feels bad to crash your car, and even worse when people talk bad about it.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Evo wing should be on space shuttles!!!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

If u ready some of his posts in this thread the wing didnt make it

Originally Posted by i-5 evo
the evo wing should be on space shuttles!!!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Toxin
Listen here captain America. First off, I'm not from Germany, I'm from SLOVENIA and if you like driving 55mph, consider a prius, it'll save you some money.

I didn't mean to be offensive, I just stated the facts that speed limits are higher in Europe and we drive a lot faster. And when I drove to Denmark I went through the whole Germany and during rush hour, traffic still moves at 80mph. I could say that they're probably one of the best drivers I've seen around, but the fact is that you can't just sit on the auto trans and watch cars around you move 20 mph, you actually need to focus while you're driving with them and contribute to everything going smooth.

And FYI, Germany has _NO_ speedlimit on the highways yet they have one of the lowest death counts in europe % wise on the roads.

Now go wave your US flag at someone else, I tried to make a reasonable post that involved facts and questions. There's no need to flame me for that next time.

Cheers to the OP for staying alive. Good luck with your next car, may it be an evo or something else.

Well put, i couldnt agree more.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

You are an idiot... and you are damn lucky you didn't hurt anyone else.... if you want to go fast, go to a race track... f*cking moron...
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, it's amazing you didn't kill yourself or any innocent bystanders.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoIIIAj
God has a plan for you.....
Driving instructor?

Insurance rates have always been high for quick cars. It would take a massive increase in accidents nationwide to "raise our rates" so everyone needs to STFU about his accident screwing the rest of us. That's like blaming some guy that drops $1000 into the stock market for the recession. Then again I pay $32 a month for full coverage with a $100 deductible so maybe it doesn't hit me the same as some of you younger drivers.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by colonelfox
Driving instructor?

Insurance rates have always been high for quick cars. It would take a massive increase in accidents nationwide to "raise our rates" so everyone needs to STFU about his accident screwing the rest of us. That's like blaming some guy that drops $1000 into the stock market for the recession. Then again I pay $32 a month for full coverage with a $100 deductible so maybe it doesn't hit me the same as some of you younger drivers.
$32 a month? in the same state? i cant even imagine that.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LI Pinky
Damn man why were you going 100 on a public street?!

AND HOLY S*** THE WING SURVIVED!!!

Glad to hear your ok!
FIRST THING I WANTED TO SAY .
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AviKM
$32 a month? in the same state? i cant even imagine that.
I'm 29 with a wife, a kid, a mortgage and all my life, disability and property insurance through State Farm. It makes a huge difference. It was $180 a month when I bought the car in 06.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 06:34 PM

dude thats f-ing crazy man im sorry glad your ok

Quick Reply: Just Wadded My Evo Rip.