Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just Wadded My Evo Rip.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by saucemaxx
no we shouldn't ease up on this guy. Because of crap like this my insurance is outrageous, and cops give me crap all the time. I seriously hope he never gets behind the wheel of a car again.
kids retarded and doesnt deserve an evo
or any car for that matter
i agree with you completely
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by importjake00
Just because it is safe in your country does not make it safe here. If you have ever been here in the US, you know it is not safe to drive 100mph on 90% of the roads. If you have been here, you would know that. And if you have been here, and still think its okay to drive 100mph on a public road here in the US, you deserve to get kicked in the junk.
Couldnt agree more 100% correct.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

Holy **** dude thank god your still alive,that thing is destroyed!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by max4rw
He did state at first that he was going 100 mph when he crashed, but he edited it and took that part out of it later
Thank you. I was getting upset that all these people were getting on this guy and I saw no statements made about speed in which the guy was driving. I stand corrected.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well there are those who have said don't worry just learn and those who have thrown names around.

Really the speed comes down to a few things.

1. Driver skill
2. Environment/conditions
3. Condition of car
4. Other drivers/people on the road

Seeing as this case ended with an accident I would say one of the four things listed were not right for that speed. Really my first guess would be the first two; my next guess would be tires.

Really I think all of us have hit high speeds at one time or another. Does that make it right? No. Anything can happen there are no guarantees that everything will work as it should. At a track things are more likely to end better. On a normal road anything can happen.

As for insurance I don’t even pay more the $60 a month full coverage with a $500 deductable. I doubt I would see any dramatic increase because of this one accident. I hope the OP learned something like he is not invincible, fast cars can wreck, and that he could have killed not only himself but another person. Other than that it is up to him to decide if he is mature enough for another Evo or even another fast car.

Regardless understand that someone was watching over you that day OP. You are very lucky, seeing that mess I would have assumed someone had died. Take care in the future.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by PureDsm
1. your lucky to be alive and you can thank Mitsubishi engineers for saving your life..

2.i hope to god you have learned a lesson from this...all these other people babying you saying it will be OK! and its a life experience are crazy!!.. seeing the world is a life experience buying a house for the first time is a life experience, saying your last good bye to your family members on there death beds are life experiences..

3"what you did was absolutely apauling to the rest of the evo community..... because of you insurance is sky rocket because they assume i am going to be a dumb*** like you even though I have never even had a traffic ticket let along a fender bender.... simply put.. you are an idiot....... you can see your immaturity in your lack of response to the questions.. you got hurt so what, you got pulled out of the car.. SO WHAT.. it was YOUR FAULT. what if your girlfriend, mother, grandmother etc. was in the passenger seat?? what would you feel like then??? you would be charged with vehicular MANSLAUGHTER.. wanna know what thats like? maybe you should learn even more of a lesson and head down to the county jail and ask them.. or better yet go to the morgue and see what could have been you or a loved one because of your immaturity... you have no right to even get behind a wheel with your mentality right now, you have no remorse you do not even seem scared you could have died.. how would your family feel to have to burry their son when you are supposed to burry them one day? how will they tell people? my son was dumb with a car and went 100 miles per hour ...... how does that make them feel??? i hope everyone else uses this as a learning experience to not go that fast unless its at a track where no one elses lives are in danger and that life is too short to take it for granted......."

DREW
Umm... Stfu? Bro, seriously, what are you saying. I mean I know the guy made a mistake but damn. No right to get behind the wheel? Who the hell are you to tell him that. Your comment is worthless unless you are the President of Motor Vehicle. Everyone drives fast you embecile, driving fast plays a large part in why most of the people here buy Evos in the first place. He screwed up and I'm sure he knows that, and I'm also pretty positive he wont be pulling another stunt like this if it's up to him. And you call him immature because he's not answering us in this forum? Bro that is flat out ridiculous. He is probably getting enough shiit from his parents, and he's not going to come in here and explain himself to us where we dont know him and most of you guys here don't even care. I don't think its fair to call him immature based on the fact that he is reluctant to answer questions on a forum. Some food for thought, clown
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by BlackTypeS
Yeah obviously there is something you dont understand about the U.S. Speed limits are set in place for a reason - safety. When you drive anywhere cosiderably over the speed limit you increase the chance of an accident and put not only your life but other lives at risk as well. If you wanna drive like a F***ing idiot go back to germany and do it.
Wow, obviously you have not driven far from home. If it is all about safety, can you elaborate as to why is it that in some states its “Safe” to drive at 75mph on a highway while on other states, it’s only “safe” to drive at 55mph on the same type of roads? That’s almost a 30% difference, and I assure you, safety had a small roll, especially considering the fact that the Autobahn has safety statistics on its side as well as other countries with higher or no speed limits.

The following is just my opinion. I believe safety has more to do with overall enforcement or other more critical traffic rules than speed. I can not tell you here in the U.S. how many times I have almost gotten or seen accidents happen because someone decided to drive 50mph on a 55mph highway, while traffic was doing 70mph, or when people have to pass on right lanes because some ignorant jerk decides to drive 50mph on the passing lane an never move.

Back on topic, I hope the OP gets better, you are very lucky, learn from this, and drive safely!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by colonelfox
I'm 29 with a wife, a kid, a mortgage and all my life, disability and property insurance through State Farm. It makes a huge difference. It was $180 a month when I bought the car in 06.
This.

People under 24 living at home with mommy and daddy and were given their Evo but just asked to pay the insurance shouldn't assume its stupid high for everybody. Multi line discounts are a beautiful thing.

The Evo has a lot of high claims against it, not necessarily for accidents, but for theft. A lot of them get ripped off for their seats, wheels, wings etc. Just those items could be 10K-13K from the dealer, that has a lot to do with our insurance being higher then average.

Last edited by GPTourer; Apr 14, 2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have nothing else to say im not getting into a sh** talking battle with random people for something i didnt cause or responsible for..

it is what it is....
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

wow, I'm glad you are ok man. I hope you learned your lesson and will be safer in the future.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

i think this thread is long overdue for /

those who could learn a lesson from this horrible event, did so by ~ Page 2, others will never learn!

la fine
Old Apr 14, 2009, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

omg all it matters is that ur ok.

get better!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 09:59 AM

Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hacurio1
Wow, obviously you have not driven far from home. If it is all about safety, can you elaborate as to why is it that in some states its “Safe” to drive at 75mph on a highway while on other states, it’s only “safe” to drive at 55mph on the same type of roads? That’s almost a 30% difference, and I assure you, safety had a small roll, especially considering the fact that the Autobahn has safety statistics on its side as well as other countries with higher or no speed limits.

The following is just my opinion. I believe safety has more to do with overall enforcement or other more critical traffic rules than speed. I can not tell you here in the U.S. how many times I have almost gotten or seen accidents happen because someone decided to drive 50mph on a 55mph highway, while traffic was doing 70mph, or when people have to pass on right lanes because some ignorant jerk decides to drive 50mph on the passing lane an never move.

Back on topic, I hope the OP gets better, you are very lucky, learn from this, and drive safely!

Always good to hear from noobs with 28 posts....why is it safe to drive 75 on some roads and 55 on others? Why dont you ask the people who set the speed limits in place because that was the obvious speed at which they thought it ws safe to travel there moron. The things that people write on these forums are unbelievable and I personally do not see how that cannot look at what they wrote and see that what they are saying is utterly ridiculous.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

ib4tl.... lol

some people on here are idiots.. thanks for the laughs!

Quick Reply: Just Wadded My Evo Rip.