Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Any interest in seat locks for the Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hotrod2448
So, instead of stolen seats you end up with ones with cuts or screwdriver stab wounds?
Sadly, this is most likely what would happen. In the end, you would have the same results.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
rev - we would also ask you become a vendor with IB to do this if you do it. Contact IB Advertising for information.
I am not looking to make any profit on these. I would just need what ever the minimum requirement is to fill an order.

I AM NOT OUT TO PROFIT OFF THESE.

And gtfour43, I planned on calling to see if they would make another batch, Evo specific.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
So, instead of stolen seats you end up with ones with cuts or screwdriver stab wounds?

I'm pretty sure it's MUCH CHEAPER to fix torn or stabbed seats, as opposed to replacing them.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

this looks like it can go pretty far in the evo community.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oneofakindtrini
this looks like it can go pretty far in the evo community.
Just watched a show on the "trinis" in NY.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

i like. and i would much rather risk having a slightly damaged seat then no seat at all. i'm sure they would be much cheaper to fix, than to have to completely replace.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by revvin9k
I'm pretty sure it's MUCH CHEAPER to fix torn or stabbed seats, as opposed to replacing them.
Insurance deductible is same for either and still probably cheaper than reupholstering the seats and fixing whatever else they break or steal.

I give you credit for being proactive. I just don't know that if someone is motivated enough to break into a car that this will do much.

IMO it's like LoJack. Sure you might get your car back but, do you really want it back?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

ha but you are assuming that someone who breaks in and cant get your seats is just gonna stab the hell out of them for some reason, and then steal your radio. Either way you are screwed, at least with these their is at least a chance that the thief recognizes what is on your seat, and leaves it be at that, and then takes your radio...
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by MR_Lance
ha but you are assuming that someone who breaks in and cant get your seats is just gonna stab the hell out of them for some reason, and then steal your radio. Either way you are screwed, at least with these their is at least a chance that the thief recognizes what is on your seat, and leaves it be at that, and then takes your radio...
All, I'm saying is if someone has the moral flexibility and lack of intelligence that they are stealing the seats out of your car they might be inclined to make other stupid decisions while ruining your personal property.

Besides how many people break into an Evo just to steal the seats? I'd say you can almost count on the radio, HIDs and maybe the steering wheel along with any other easily removable items being gone as well.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:32 PM

I agree that there's a good chance a theif would possibly trash your seats after realizing they couldn't steal them. I also realize that there's a good chance the theif would be after your rims as well and be equiped with something like a Gator Grip socket that can unbolt wheel locks (and most likely seat locks).

But that being said, if the price was reasonable, I would be still interested in these just as an extra layer of protection.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:05 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in if they are not JDM priced...
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:06 PM

ive got an alarm, keep the car in the garage, & a concealed license (Ruger .380) but id still buy them. you never no what a lil preventive measure like this could mean. IMO, its like not even putting up a fight for your own ride's sake.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Again, ladies and gents, I am trying to see if there would be interest enough for me to call the company and have them make them for the Evo.

I am not out for profit, I am just trying to keep our cars safe.

While I understand if they really want it, they will take it. But perhaps this would prolong the theft long enough to deter them.

I also keep my car in garage, and never leave her unattended. But, I would also get these for the peace of mind.

Maybe we can start a list of peeps who would be interested, that way I could get an idea how many people would be interested.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:39 PM

ok...
1. revvin9k
2. reyrey
3. gtfour43
4. Zeus
5. sblvro
6. MR_Lance
7. ProjectMayhem
8. 9600baud
9. OhsixIXbish

Last edited by reyrey; Jun 18, 2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 02:41 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i'm in!

Quick Reply: Any interest in seat locks for the Evo?