Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

when you dont have your Evo...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When whatever car I've owned has been down for whatever reason, I enjoy the hell out of it. It sucks not having your car, but it's like an extended test drive. I love all cars so much that I have fun. My mom's Lexus SUV, my sister's 325xi, my grandpa's 87 GMC truck (drift king!), my girlfriend's old Cavalier or her new Mini-S.... And if I continue with previous cars we have owned that I've driven for extended periods lets see... A G6, a Grand Am (both while the Porsche was in the body shop, they were rentals... I got angry about the Grand Am, so they got me a G6 two days later), a Lexus RX, an Audi TT, an S2000, a Jeep Grand Cherokee... And I think that's it. All fun experiences in their own way... Afterall, driving them around and getting good at driving them makes me a better overall driver
Old Jul 7, 2009, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

yeah man it sucks my clutch went and i was down for about a month then after a week with the clutch my t case went im down for at least a month and a half lol life sucks
Old Jul 7, 2009, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

when my clutch was out of my car and waiting on parts, i drove my moms demo, a mazda 6 fully loaded. nice car, but i hated it, esp since i work at the shop and had to see my car in the back lot every day. but when i had my old dsm, i had an S10 that was my DD (owned the truck first, picked up the dsm as a "fun" car which was pretty much my dd save for when it was broke, lol)
Old Jul 8, 2009, 05:11 PM

I recently bought a Honda Rebel to start learning how to ride a motorcycle. But I maintain what I call "EVO Friday"... LOL
Old Jul 8, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

I drive my mitsu mighty max .. i suggest you buy yourself a beater for times like that..
Old Jul 8, 2009, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

When I dont have my Evo I pull out my ace......my mongoose 21-speed bike, it uses the legendary invention of the wheel and its powered by legs, I also put some NOS stickers on it so I'd be faster...pretty cool huh lol
Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

not having the evo sucks.. although i can't really say that for sure since i still haven't picked it up from the dealer; however, in the meantime, and in the down time (if/ when i have any) i drive a 98 ford f150.. hows that for LAME. at least it gets from point a to point b and i can actually fit stuff in it without worry.
prior to this set up i had an 07 tahoe, outside of that being the size of a big boat, it actually handled surprisingly well.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yamaha R6 all day everyday.... hahaa
Old Jul 9, 2009, 04:01 AM
Evolving Member

I dd an 07 Xterra so I drive that when the evo is down but it's pretty boring. The upside to it though is it's a lot more comfortable than my evo.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hitch rides, borrow my wifes IS3000 or I'm on Ankle express...thank god for my iPhone and musc.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 01:55 PM

alright! finally got my clutch in the other day and i dropped my car off at the shop, hopefully it'll be dont by tomorrow like the mechanic said!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by manofhonor
i really dont like not having my evo. i have to drive my old wrx that has many, many problems.
I have problems with my subies also. I'm starting to hate them, been very unreliable. But however my evo has been a champ, no problems at all.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 02:31 PM

When my DSM is down (which is 10 months out of the year...) I am stuck with my tailblazer SS 400HP is boooring!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 02:51 PM

You know what really sucks.... Is having the evo sit in your drive way in perfect condition but no drivers license. That really sucks. Can't drive it all summer. License is suspended from June 2nd-August 31st it's terrible.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MDyellowVIII
You know what really sucks.... Is having the evo sit in your drive way in perfect condition but no drivers license. That really sucks. Can't drive it all summer. License is suspended from June 2nd-August 31st it's terrible.

Unless you tell me you were a victim or it was "da man" trying to "hold you down" ....chances are you did something to put yourself in a situation to have a suspended license....thats what sucks. Not that fact that you can't drive your car. Was the car the reason your license was suspended. LOL. JFWY.

I have an electrical problem with my fuel pump if I and a friend and I can't figure it out this weekend I'm going to say **** it and get it flatbedded to a shop that has offered to come get it for free and try to figure it out before charging me....can't beat that.

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Jul 10, 2009 at 08:21 AM.

Quick Reply: when you dont have your Evo...