Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer abused my evo, help..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009, 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xRoguex
I would have told the guy -- Thanks for treating my new car like its yours. Find me a new salesperson -- they will get the commission.
+1 for that. What a douche...
Old Jul 9, 2009, 04:59 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You probably don't want the guy closing it the traditional way... If the hood on the RA is the same as the one on the X is similar to the one in the old evo's, the aluminium is pretty thin. I cringe every time I used to close the hood and feel the material buckle underneath my palm.

I just drop it now and it closes perfectly every time. With practice, you'll find the lowest height you can drop it from and have it close.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

he slammed the hood? wow...
Old Jul 9, 2009, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

Welcome to the Club! Get on DCEvoClub!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Oh my god. HE SLAMMED THE HOOD. The car must be totaled. What did the police say?!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

A salesman slamming the hood should be the very least of your concerns when purchasing a used Evo.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Hood should be the least of your concerns, I would take it to one of the local EVO friendly shops and have them take a good look at it for you. There are a couple around the DC area. These cars get abused a lot by the wrong owners, it is def worth the piece of mind.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tommy_Lee
yeah its in my gargage right now cuz i didnt want to lose this buy, its in great clean condition besides the whole slamming the hood while i was looking at it. he probably did that because he thought i was going to waste his time since i am only 21 years old. but i ended up buying the car with my own credit and money. (dont judge a book by its cover!)

i know what u mean that happend to me when i went to buy my evo im 21 and he treated me like a dick thinking i was going to buy it but when i pulled out the check he was sooo diffrent that **** pisses me off so much
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evilrevo8
i know what u mean that happend to me when i went to buy my evo im 21 and he treated me like a dick thinking i was going to buy it but when i pulled out the check he was sooo diffrent that **** pisses me off so much

Most of them are just jelous because at 21 there's no way they could have bought an Evo. It's funny that dealerships act that way. I'm sure they get plenty of retards though that think they can afford a 30k plus car bussing tables at a restaurant.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jester81783
dude, relax...., you would know if the hood was damaged, and its not gonna hurt anything. Just enjoy your new car.
+1
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:27 AM
Former Sponsor

thats just something your going to have to get used to when your young and buying a new, pricey sort of car.
I got all kinds of mistreated when I visited the Infiniti dealership in my baggy jeans and tshirt for a test drive. Then drove 2 horus away to buy my car b/c of the jerks at the local dealership.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:44 AM

wait? you made a thread because someone slammed the hood of a car you didnt own....
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurboJuice
wait? you made a thread because someone slammed the hood of a car you didnt own....
He said he was definitely going to buy it, so at that point, he has the right to be pissed when the salesman treats the car poorly.

A lot of people slam their hoods as opposed to placing it down and then pushing on it. I don't think either of the two methods will damage it unless you drop it from a few feet lol.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

I'd report this to the BBB. Improper closing of the cars hood can result in many things, including (but not limited to) herpes, nuclear war, and/or riots.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 08:06 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can not get herpes from improper closing of the hood, unless you're doing it without pants on. I had a helluva time explaining that one to the arresting officer and later, the jury.

But they threw out the conviction because what appeared to be "crotchless" at first, later turned out to be a manufacturing defect in the garment. WIN!

Quick Reply: Dealer abused my evo, help..