Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

talk me out of trading my EVO for e46 M3

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do it and sell your evo to me!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

BMW looks good....but reg maintenance is going to kill you. And they really are not fast. My buddy works a BMW dealer and her got rid of his 335i and get the 06 M3 and he wishes he would have never done it. The 335 was faster and stopped better lol. I would have figured the M3 would have stopped better. But he said it does handle way better than the 335. Keep the evo.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're getting the itch for an already slightly modded bavarian luxo-coupe, go BM. You can always get snows from Tire Rack with 200lbs in your trunk and get around fine - Chi-town is flat anyway. Regarding maintenence, you won't own the car beyond its extended warranty anyway so the most you're out is a deductible if you have one, per incident.

Just keep in mind if you want to come back and buy an Evo, it's harder to buy one used and in great condition (where all maintenance is disclosed). You may also decide you want to come back to a X???

Of course, you could always start looking at S4s or S5s and not have to worry as much with the weather.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

m3 is for pimping or trying to get a hot girl.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigturboevo80
m3 is for pimping or trying to get a hot girl.
That M3 is old my friend!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

I'm leasing an E92 and yes, drivng in the city, going out on dates etc, the M3 is the car to have but for sheer fun it sucks. Vague steering, sloppy shifter, (compared to the Evo) and just a general detached feeling. But all that means it's super comfortable. This is an E92 btw. I remember the E46 being much stiffer and more raw. My biggest gripe is how dark the interior of the Evo is at night. The M3 is much brighter, LCD's nav, etc. I feel like I'm back in the stone age when I go into my Evo but once I'm moving, there's no better place. I own my Evo and am counting the days for my lease to end on my M so I can lease the new 550i sport in 6 speed . My IX is a keeper. I made the mistake of selling my VIII a while back. Never again.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

I have been looking hardcore for an e46, and saw this one on the m3 forum as well. I am looking for one as my DD, NOT to replace the Evo, it really depends what you want imo. If you want a more sophisticated car with a little performance and sleeker looks, get the M3, if you want performance, raw power for racing, etc.... than stick with the Evo, hands down
Old Jan 7, 2010, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

i wouldnt sell it but if you do i would sell it for 22k-25k...

that car is way to nice
Old Jan 7, 2010, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

I find it funny you guys are trying to tell him that bmws have all these maintenance costs when you drive an evo.

Newsflash: evo's have the same if not more repair and maintenance costs than a bmw.

Also, someone mentioned that their friend paid 5k for cats for a bmw. Well, you friend is an idiot.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Nice BMW , if I have the money I would,
why? , because chicks dig it.
bmw m3 2001 +
Audi S4 (v8) 2005+
are my favorite sports luxury cars.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 02:34 AM
Evolving Member

If you are considering trading for an E46 M3, you are probably too young, or too inexperienced of a driver to understand what a gem the Evo is.

If you are the least bit capable in feeling how a car handles, once you buy the E46 M3 you will really regret getting it. Ya all BMW's handle well, but the E46 M3 is a pig, and isn't even 50% of what the Evo IX is. Trust me you will regret it, unless you just want to flaunt in your beemer.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 05:18 AM

The Evo is a true power house. The M3 is more of a weekend car or the car you want to take going to a classy restaurant. M3 needs to be so heavily modded and lighten just to feel like a nimble Evo in snow. Looks wise M3 is a classic. Scary looking in a race Evo hands down.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Guys, I am negotiating right now with the M3 owner. Unless I get a deal that I feel my car deserves, I will not trade my car.

As far as the reason why I want to trade my baby, I just want to step into something with a different feel to it, something with a little bit more luxury. I still want a sports car feel and I think that the M3 is a good match for something with luxury and a rowdy feel to it.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

HPF turbo. you wont do it. haha.

and if you do. stay stock body. widebody is sooo played out.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

I say go for the M3 that ride is very nice and you'll actually attract females. We must remeber that the evo is a major dude magnet. Sure the evo is ***** out fun and its more of a bar room bawler than the M3. The M3 has style, comfot and some speed thrown in there. I would own both If I could but if I had the money i'd go for an m3 unless your a hardcore fanboy of the evosis. Which I am guessin your not which is fine.
If you look at an m3 and get a raging boner than that is the car for you.

Quick Reply: talk me out of trading my EVO for e46 M3