Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Can't afford my EVO right now, is it worth it to refinance?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oneofakindtrini
Have you started cutting back? Move in with you're parents or something? No joke. A GG SE is pretty worth keeping.
I moved out of my parent's home in Ohio (where I Lived through college to pay for the evo), and now live in Brooklyn w/ 6 other people in a loft, because that's all I can afford while I intern unpaid....
Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sell the Evo. Fact is you can't afford it. You probably should have done some future planning before buying it in the first place. You could have bought a nice used Civic or Corolla and had it paid off.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metalsaber
Sell the Evo. Fact is you can't afford it. You probably should have done some future planning before buying it in the first place. You could have bought a nice used Civic or Corolla and had it paid off.
I've been able to afford it just fine for almost 18 months, I just finally decided to pursue my career in New York, rather than staying in Cincinnati. Good advice though
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Being that you live in Brooklyn, you don't really need an Evo let alone a car at all.

You should be able to get around using public transportation.

I lived in NY (Queens) most of my life (over 25+ years) and pretty much used public transportation to get around most of the time.

Sell the Evo and sign up for Zipcar in case you need a car to get around.

No point being homless just to keep a car.

Or screwing up your future credit going default on a car loan.

BTW, what industry are you in?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oneofakindtrini
Have you started cutting back? Move in with you're parents or something? No joke. A GG SE is pretty worth keeping.
this
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

refinance with a different bank. i did that and cut my payments in half, but it all depends on your credit and which bank you go with
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 6-speed
Being that you live in Brooklyn, you don't really need an Evo let alone a car at all.

You should be able to get around using public transportation.

I lived in NY (Queens) most of my life (over 25+ years) and pretty much used public transportation to get around most of the time.

Sell the Evo and sign up for Zipcar in case you need a car to get around.

No point being homless just to keep a car.

Or screwing up your future credit going default on a car loan.

BTW, what industry are you in?

well my car's been in Ohio since October for that very reason, but it's really frustrating to not be able to leave the city and go to the country, or just go on a nice cruise for an hour on the weekends outside the city, like I used to back in Ohio.

I'm a film grad, so right not I'm interning to become a DIT (Digital Imaging Tech) for feature films/commercials/whatever... but it's a very hard position to move into, but have been busting my *** for months, and it's paying off... just simply hasn't turned lucerative yet.

One of my work's 5 DIT's actually owns a GG IX GSR, and all we do is talk cars day/night, much more than we do about cameras, lighting, shooting... haha, but he lives with his parents in Jersey.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
refinance with a different bank. i did that and cut my payments in half, but it all depends on your credit and which bank you go with
I'm gonna look over my options when I go home next week, I'll be home for almost a month, so it's plenty of time to either refinance it, or put it back to stock.....

problem is that my dad is now on disability for degenerative disc disorder, so he won't be working anymore, and thus they can't co-sign like they always have, so I don't know if I can get it refinanced on my own.