Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help: Clock, Keyless Entry and Dome/Map/Trunk Lights Out

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help: Clock, Keyless Entry and Dome/Map/Trunk Lights Out

Hi Guys,

Just a short background: Before all this happened, I had a 12 gauge wire with fuse connected to the battery to an amp. Its for my carpc set up that is not fully hooked up. Its there to power the speakers.

Anyway, I was vacuuming the Evo and I lifted up the Amp connected to the powerwire. It got disconnected. The fuse in this power line blew. After cleaning the car, I start it up, no clock. No dome/map/trunk lights. Then I got out of the car, tried to lock it up using the keyless remote - it doesnt work.

I checked all the fusebox inside the car and also the one in the engine bay. All looks fine except for 10A fuse in 22 & 23 slot inside the Engine Bay Fuse Box (i couldnt take out the fuse in a yellow housing). Before I go to the dealership, I just want to check with you guys if anyone know how to troubleshoot it.

Any input?

Edit: I also forgot to mention that my trip meter restarts everytime I shut off the car completely... what the ef is going on?!

Edit-2: The lock/unlock button on the driver side works when the key is in accessory. Thats how I've been locking/unlocking the car since I had this problem.

Last edited by josel_atr; Feb 4, 2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
I had the same EXACT problem yesterday. It is indeed that 10A fuse inside the engine bay fuse box in the yellow section. If you look on the fuse box cover, it will be the fuse that's labeled as a light, not the music logo. You have to pry them out with a screw driver or rip them out with needle nose pliers (kind of tricky). Replace that and you will be fine.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

^what the eff?! i knew it! i will try it today and i hope it works. thank you b00stedtalon!!!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Here is a little wiring diagram if needed. By looking at it, it def appears that 22+23 would be the culprit.

Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

thank you. for confirming. im just stuck at work right now. ill drop by my other work (Honda Delearship dont hate :P) to see if they have a tool to take those fuses out.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:45 AM

I remember this happened to me a while back, and it is definitely one of those 2 fuses in the yellow socket.

Don't quote me, but IIRC years ago somebody from this board said the reason for the yellow socket to be there is that you are supposed to replace both fuses whenever you blow one of them... I don't remember exactly why though.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

yes it was definitely one of them. i dont remember which though but its either 22 or 23. thanks guys!!! all works now yeah!

i heart evom
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by josel_atr
^what the eff?! i knew it! i will try it today and i hope it works. thank you b00stedtalon!!!
No problem