Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Good turbo timer to use?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vetboss
I rock the Blitz Dual TT in black...looks good, small unit (display is seperate fropm the brain) so it can mount pretty much anywhere. LCD colors are red and green. Can also be used to read boost (never used as I run Defis for that). All around a great TT. Takes 20 minutes to install.

I like to leave the car running when I take short stops (no reason to wear engine with uneccesary starts, so I quickly turn the timer up to 5 minutes or so, remove the key and go into the store, house, etc...then when I return, its still running, replace key into ignition, turn to on, turn TT off and blast away

I'll post pics of mounting if you like.
Good Luck

+1 on the Blitz. Has the automatic feature so you can set a min time that it will always default to. If you drove it hard it will change the time to what ever would be necesary. I also use it to warm up the car without having to leave the key in as well as for quick trips into the store. Works great and is easy to hide if you want. Also reads boost (in bar) and can be set with an alert to let you know when you hit a specified boost level. The pnp harness also makes the install super easy and quick less than an hour.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

if you are getting a tt, get one with other USABLE features. a tt that just idles your car is pointless because you can do that. But if you get one with voltage etc. then I say do it. It saved me once when my alternator died, and I was able to monitor voltage as I was driving home to make sure it didn't die.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:17 PM

Going to have to go w/the greddy unit, buuuuut it is a single functioning unit.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MADMarc
Going to have to go w/the greddy unit, buuuuut it is a single functioning unit.
which greddy, ik the one i had (black box, blue lit display) had everything, lap timer, 0-60, 0-100, tons of useless stuff ha
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:37 AM

http://www.turbotimerstore.com/timer...lack-p-60.html

That's one link to mine. I bought mine used, if it has those goodies on it I need a damned manual! lol
Old Feb 20, 2010, 02:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
Dude save your money. Don't boost a few minutes before you get to your destination or sit in your car for a minute or 2. Save like 100 bucks
Lack the patience, I live my life on the move....thats whay I gots a fast car.

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
My friend uses the HKS auto timer on his VIII and he loves it. He has nothing bad to say about it. As for me, I would save my money. I can easily get to where I am going, and wait a minute or two before i turn my car off. I never understood the point of a turbo timer unless patience is an issue.
Well put, patience is the issue and overall piece of mind

Originally Posted by VIIIrs
x2 I hate it when people think that the first mod to do is a turbo timer total waste of money. I'm not saying this directly to the person that started the thread, but in general....if you do what btownsoccer said there is absolutely no reason to get a turbo timer
TT is a usefull mod for certain people....PS - it was the second mod that I did, not the first

Originally Posted by UD Kingo
$55 used for a little extra piece of mind is fine with me... For the amount of $ we all spend on mods, there's no reason not to have one. You can be your own TT and you dont have to have one, but some of you guys are making it seem like this is a $500 part that takes 10 hours to install.

I am by no means an expert, but I have toasted a turbo before and i think the $55 I spent on my used one was well worth it.

Originally Posted by fugiwara
Don't waste your money on TT, I have one in my evo since the beginning, don't race your car before you come to your destination. I have apexi one set in auto mode, most of time it never delay shut off my car, but when it delay shut off it's usually no more than 10 secs.
Might want to have that tt checked out, a timer that never times sounds iffy to me

Originally Posted by mitsumanny
+1 on the Blitz. Has the automatic feature so you can set a min time that it will always default to. If you drove it hard it will change the time to what ever would be necesary. I also use it to warm up the car without having to leave the key in as well as for quick trips into the store. Works great and is easy to hide if you want. Also reads boost (in bar) and can be set with an alert to let you know when you hit a specified boost level. The pnp harness also makes the install super easy and quick less than an hour.
+1 for blitz dual

Originally Posted by GEOFF[4G63]
if you are getting a tt, get one with other USABLE features. a tt that just idles your car is pointless because you can do that. But if you get one with voltage etc. then I say do it. It saved me once when my alternator died, and I was able to monitor voltage as I was driving home to make sure it didn't die.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I used to own this car

Or, just hit the hazzard button twice and that will remote start your car.

Hit it twice again to shut it off, or press the remote start button.

No turbo timer needed...
Old Mar 17, 2010, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kmcconn9
I used to own this car

Or, just hit the hazzard button twice and that will remote start your car.

Hit it twice again to shut it off, or press the remote start button.

No turbo timer needed...
i know i was just gonna get one for some looks lol. thats about all i have done to it is looks.