Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

3 ACD Lights And Anti Lock On??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3 ACD Lights And Anti Lock On??

Ok, so coming home from philly last night i realized that all my acd lights were frozen on and my anti lock light was frozen on. The only reason why i didn't notice it at first is because i usually leave my tactrix cables plugged in so they always blink.

Now since there unplugged i get a frozen anti lock brake like and my 3 acd lights are on.. I search and only came up with replacing the acd pump. But i am not sure why the antilock light is on..

What i have tried:

1) Turn Car on and off..

2) Unplugged ground from battery to reset everything. As soon as i turn the car on the lights pop up and are still the same.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from what i understand various sensors and electrical things in the car can make the acd lights act up. i would first check abs codes as they are much easier to scan for, and try to fix that and see if the acd lights go away as a result. if that doesnt work it could also be that the pump just needs to be bled properly. worst case, find a mitsu dealer with the "Mut" tool and have them scan your ACD ecu for $95 and know for sure. good luck
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

underneath the cup holders there are 2 sensors that go down basically under the car! one must have came unplugged my car had those on after i pulled it out for the winter and i finally found out one of those sensors was unplugged! if its not that you'll have to find the code and it may be one of the wheel sensors... but there are a couple sensors under the cup holders so just look really good... so just take the center console out and make sure everything under there is plugged in really good!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:19 AM

I had that happen with the ACD lights come on after i had my clutch changed. Turned out that they didnt fill the acd fluid up. fillled it up and lights went out. but Im sure you checked the fluid level already
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Read the owner's manual..

If all 3 lights are illuminated have it diagnosed and serviced. It could be a number of issues such as bad relay or bad pump. Also, if the clutch was changed, the acd needs to be reset.

As for the anti lock light, I am unsure. Sometimes a combination of lights means a certain issue. Bring it to Mitsu and have them diagnose it. ACD and your brakes are essential components to the car so if there is something wrong, it needs to be fixed.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

i've had the 3ACD light come on while i was driving. i would pull over turn off the car and turn it back on. it would go away. its done it to me couple of times. but now it doesnt do it.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06GraphiteEvoIX
underneath the cup holders there are 2 sensors that go down basically under the car! one must have came unplugged my car had those on after i pulled it out for the winter and i finally found out one of those sensors was unplugged! if its not that you'll have to find the code and it may be one of the wheel sensors... but there are a couple sensors under the cup holders so just look really good... so just take the center console out and make sure everything under there is plugged in really good!
I'm going to try this because i had the cup holder off the day before it happened so i am thinking i might have knocked something loose. Thanks. The clutch was changed out like 8 months ago so i don't think that's the problem. Maybe i do need to bleed it and give it some fresh juice lol.

When i turn the key to the on position i'm pretty sure i hear the pump fire up. But it may be something else. I dunno i'll check over everything today and report back. Too bad i don't have the money for Mitsu to rip me a new one on scanning the code. So if i can't fix it I'll be driving like this for some time.

By the way i don't really feel any difference on the road or off the road (dirt) for that matter.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

[quote=eXtreme-Speed;8181942]I'm going to try this because i had the cup holder off the day before it happened so i am thinking i might have knocked something loose. [quote]

i gaurantee thats what happened! same thing with me just unplug everything and plug them all back in... i hope it solves your problem!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Lots of threads on this topic. When I purchased my car it had this issue and got it resolved through the help provided by reading the threads on it!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
Lots of threads on this topic. When I purchased my car it had this issue and got it resolved through the help provided by reading the threads on it!
I've been threw like every thread... That's why i posted this... I said i searched.. If you can find me a thread that says the 3 acd lights and anti-lock light came on at the same time and stayed on i would like to know about it. thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06GraphiteEvoIX
I had a very similiar problem. I ended up taking my Evo in to Mitsu and one of my sensors were replaced under warranty AND one of my sensors were loose/unplugged.

Look in to this! i drove around 8000 miles before I found out what the issue was.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bump...what was the issue? I just had the same problem. Switched into Gravel mode from Tarmac and a few seconds later the anti lock and ACD came on. Anti lock stays on but ACD only comes on once I get moving. I am going to check all the wheel sensor, hope it isn't one as it is pricey. Also going to bleed the system. Checked and the pump is good, TPS as well. Fluid is ok and G Sensor is plugged in.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JordanS4
bump...what was the issue? I just had the same problem. Switched into Gravel mode from Tarmac and a few seconds later the anti lock and ACD came on. Anti lock stays on but ACD only comes on once I get moving. I am going to check all the wheel sensor, hope it isn't one as it is pricey. Also going to bleed the system. Checked and the pump is good, TPS as well. Fluid is ok and G Sensor is plugged in.
I'd check every single ABS sensor as well as the sensors under the dash area.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Which sensors under the dash area besides the G-Force? I switched to Gravel because it was raining and then coincidentally the water probably shorted out the frayed sensor. Thanks!
Old May 6, 2010, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

For future search references, my problem was caused by a faulty Left Front wheel sensor; the wiring was damaged by rubbing on something.

Quick Reply: 3 ACD Lights And Anti Lock On??