Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What a nightmare...what would YOU do?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eXtreme-Speed
hope you get your problems worked out dude. If you need anything from that POS dealer ship let me know. Since i live 5 mins away i will curse them the **** out everyday if i have to lol. I'll never forget when i went to go look at the evo you bought... The guy was a complete *** hole and i walked away. We talked before, i am surprised that these fagots are still playing games.

Remember they already changed there business name once because they got a big lawsuit against them. I think it's time to make them change it again.

Like i said if you need any thing taken care of over there let me know i don't have a problem looking out for a fellow member of the evo community. Good Luck!

Yeah, it would be amazing if you and a couple of buddies of yours could go to that $h**-hole of a shop and slash all of their tires and break all of their windows I would LOVE to see that happen to them after all the time off work/money invested in underlying repairs/headaches/depression I've been going through...(kidding) ...well then again...I'm not.

You don't know how bad I wish I could get that owner Bill and his POS salesman Steve in the Octagon. Then, they'd be wishing they never met me...
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nickcarlson1
sounds familiar to what we went through. except the extent of our issue turned out to be a complete disaster.

my brother checked out an evo 8. only 18,000 miles and it looked extremely clean. i checked out the under body and it looked perfect. he gets it for about $19,000. awesome deal.

2 months later 5 grinds slightly. we take it in to a shop by us and he calls us immediately to check it out. he shows us the trans case. the whole upper/back half was covered in jb weld. he takes it off and there is a huge crack in the thing. he tells us this had to have been in an accident so he runs a car fax. it is a rebuild/salvaged car. :/

there hasnt even been enough time to get the title in our hands yet. it was in the mail. we call the dealer and he tells us we signed a paper agreeing to buying a rebuild. they fax it to us and it is a complete forged document.

it was just a huge gigantic hassle as the "owner" was always out of the country. in the end it wasnt even worth fighting because it was going to cost way too much and take way too long to get settled.

ever since, i have always gotten a car fax before buying the car. is the shop/private seller refuses, then obviously it is a shady deal.

good luck solving your dilemma. we ended up paying about $3000 out the door.

I'm truely sorry to hear about that buddy.

However, I believe with everything I will need to get fixed with my car: Rebuild Tranny, rebuild/replace T-Case, replace flywheel, replace clutch assembly, replace slave cylinder - I believe it will cost me more than $3,000 to fix. But I def. feel your pain Thanks for the good wishes though. I'm gonna need it.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo9nuuub
Hey man you might want to think about getting a collateral loan.. take the 4g's you already have saved up, and take a loan out against it. this way you will be basically paying yourself off. Also your interest rate would be super low, like 1-2% talk to your bank and see what they would be able to offer you, i just ended up changing my transmission and trust me bro do it yourself (with a lift if possible if not, pay someone) and change your clutch and pressure plate while you are at it. get your stock one resurfaced 40$ at carquest, get a sheppard trans bro you wont regret it
Well the problem is I don't have 4g's saved up. I have an emergency fund of 1K, 800 bucks back from tax return, and I took out a 2K personal loan...I'll end up taking out like 200 bucks from my personal bank account to make an even 4g's.

I really don't want to do this but I have no other choice. I plan on telling my buddy that will be doing all the work, how I got screwed over by this $h**-shop and how I will need him to take pictures of the busted parts before fixing them so I can send that $h**-shop the pictures AND the bill.

If they give me any $h** about paying for it then I will get a lawyer and sue the $h** out of them. I want that stealership to burn in the ground.

Last edited by marylandevo8; Apr 20, 2010 at 04:13 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:26 AM

Damn that sucks .....i say try to find a lawyer that works for you, or look up laws about used cars
Old Apr 20, 2010, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

**UPDATE**

I'm taking my car in the shop today after work...I plan on getting my buddy to take pics of the busted tranny and other misc. parts to show Signature Fail Cars that it wasn't the user's fault and that they put a $hitty transmission in the car. I'm also attaching the bill for full reimbursement.

Wish me luck...I'm gonna need it.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:41 AM

Good luck man let us know what happens.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kevmac3685
Good luck man let us know what happens.
Thanks Kev. If you happen to be in Williamstown and pass by Signature Motor Cars, please by all means throw a rock or two at the shop and say courtesy of the white evo VIII owner you screwed over.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 02:04 PM

yeah buddy unfortunately you are pretty much screwed in this whole thing, there isnt anything that can be done for you except to fix the car and do it right.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so when i get back from florida me and some of my friends are going to pretend to go look at cars there. When the dealer comes out well talk. Then i'll be like yeah i heard this big thing about an evo that you guys sold here and you scrwed him over pretty hard so i don't think your going to be getting a lot of buisness anymore because it's all over the internet. Then i'll be like i think you better start cooperatng with him cause its gonna get worse lol
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eXtreme-Speed
Ok so when i get back from florida me and some of my friends are going to pretend to go look at cars there. When the dealer comes out well talk. Then i'll be like yeah i heard this big thing about an evo that you guys sold here and you scrwed him over pretty hard so i don't think your going to be getting a lot of buisness anymore because it's all over the internet. Then i'll be like i think you better start cooperatng with him cause its gonna get worse lol
OMG LOL That is AWESOME!!! hahahahaha "It's all over the internet" - ROFL. Thanks so much dude!!! Glad to have friends on here that have my back. Such a good feeling
Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:18 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
+1 that is cool
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

UPDATE - Car is being wrenched on by Mat at PrecisionPSI. No word yet on the outcome of damages. I hope it's minor...

Will keep you guys up-to-date.

-Randy