Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Buschur or Vishnu ??
Buschur
38.16%
Vishnu
28.95%
Other
0%
I think this is a pointless pissing contest
32.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

buschur vs vishnu // topic and poll merge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2003, 04:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have gone with Buschur and have had no regrets. I looked at their track record and there are not many tuners out there that can show the performance over the years that David has. he has been in the business for years.

As for the turbo back. Put the high flow CAT on and it's not loud at all. I also had no issue with it when I ran the test pipe. Sounded like the car it is!
Old Jul 22, 2003, 05:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I am running all Buschur components..I have even tried other tuning settings for my s-afc, but I ended up going back to theirs, you can't go wrong with their stuff. Its fairly inexpensive, very good quality fabrication. I do like the Vishnu "Clamp" system that they use, and I also like the Flexible section in the Vishnu downpipe... But all of that adds expense and for such a rigid car, its not really needed. I have had major gains in horsepower with Buschur stuff, my car was already strong, and assuming my clutch holds up, I'm certain I could run in the 12.40's or better with the few mods that I've done so far. The only thing I'd like is some sort of timing control and an Electronic boost controller..
Old Jul 22, 2003, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

Interesting post! From what I understand, both companies are reputable in their own way, 4G63 vs WRX.

My take though is that Vishnu seems to have the ECU tuning down to a science, and the exede (piggyback) seems like such an awesome component to build around. Fuel and timing control, knock sensitivity adjustment, boost solenoid control, 2 switchable maps, even water sprayer control supposedly!

If you look at their site, Vishnu is constantly looking for ways to improve on it too. Everything else being so much equal, in my mind that makes me lean that way.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Well, when I e-mail or pm david or anyone else from BR, they get back to me the same day or next day, you really don't get that from anyone else. He'll even answer stupid questions and he stands by his product, which is most important to me. He has my money and will continue to get it, not only because of the great product, but the support that's behind it, which is more important sometimes.
Old Nov 6, 2003, 03:04 PM
In Timeout

I would use both, BR Turbo back, xede, cam gears, and cams 264/272 350ish WHP
Old Nov 9, 2003, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

DSM shootout. That's Buschur's marketing. He's not going to louse things up in his own event. Besides, DSM'ers go to him or RRE/RRM. Maybe, it's a coastal thing or personal preference.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 06:46 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by MalibuJack
I also like the Flexible section in the Vishnu downpipe... But all of that adds expense and for such a rigid car, its not really needed. The only thing I'd like is some sort of timing control and an Electronic boost controller..
The "ridgitity" of the car has vey little to do with the engine and exhaust twist. Rev the engine and see for yourself this also means that twist is applied to the exhaust. The earlier BR hangars snapped cause of the (BR happily fixed all of them) the factory springclamps are retained so that helps but the Vishnu is a top notch piece with a top notch price so its up to the user to decide. As far as wishing for boost and timing control well th vishnu owns all David "induces" timing chance with clever fuel trim but not controlling it. So in summary they are all good but Vishnu is more "high tech"- evolved so to speak

BTW its a Magnaflow not magnacore
Old Nov 9, 2003, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by MP5

The "ridgitity" of the car has vey little to do with the engine and exhaust twist. Rev the engine and see for yourself this also means that twist is applied to the exhaust. The earlier BR hangars snapped cause of the (BR happily fixed all of them) the factory springclamps are retained so that helps but the Vishnu is a top notch piece with a top notch price so its up to the user to decide. As far as wishing for boost and timing control well th vishnu owns all David "induces" timing chance with clever fuel trim but not controlling it. So in summary they are all good but Vishnu is more "high tech"- evolved so to speak

BTW its a Magnaflow not magnacore
I think you're an idiot, because now that Buschur uses AEM stand alone managment how are you going to make fun of them? You may bow down and shut your trap.

Your posts are annoying, your knowledge is lacking and you are a troll. Quit licking Vishnu's ******* and get a life.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 08:07 PM
Account Disabled

Buschur All the way, best bang for the buck, Best exhaust (Performance wise) on the market and also the best Upper IC pipe manufactured WITH THE BEST BOV (not a lot of people know this...) The best bov is of course the OEM 1G Factory BOV, all metal, works like the OEM< and is crushed, to hold 25+PSI, did I mention it works like OEM or better and holds all the boost you can through at it?
Old Nov 9, 2003, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Buschar for me , he knows the 4g63 in and out, His items are very simple and good quality. Price for price id go with buschar, vinshu is a little pricy to get the same hp buschar sells. Buschar has been working on the 4g63 for the length of the motor. But as far as ECU upgrades I am waiting for the UTEC piggyback unit plug and play.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 08:11 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by Sweft

I think you're an idiot, because now that Buschur uses AEM stand alone managment how are you going to make fun of them? You may bow down and shut your trap.

Your posts are annoying, your knowledge is lacking and you are a troll. Quit licking Vishnu's ******* and get a life.
Really Swefty do they have it for sale? Hmm whose knowledge is lacking? Own a DSM? Whose doing the licking?

Sweftys knowledge
[Quote Swefty]ShapeGSX or anyone else.Should a evo run a wet kit or a dry kit? [Quote]

Another troll comment and a Works sniff
[Quote Swefty]Different Dyno, Different day. Compare them on the same car / same dyno and it will actually mean something. Now get to the basics..Works = 850?
Vishnu = 1675?

Get a life heff, stop trolling
[Quote]

Uniquely following his own path- another sniff?

[Quote Swefty] WTF??I wanna know how Claudius feels about this [Quote]

[Quote Swefty] Says who?Claudius says 1.5 bars which is ~22 PSI, and I believe him more than you .
[Quote]

[Quote Swefty] Swefty on Buschur
no ***** **** from them .[ Quote]

At least Im monogamous

Last edited by MP5; Nov 9, 2003 at 08:36 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

I'll keep it short.....BUSCHUR..........:-)
Old Nov 9, 2003, 08:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It wasnt necessary to flame him.. However the "Bracket" problem he stated (which I did experience) does exist, however it was not caused by the reason he stated.. the rear hanger would come off for the simple reason that it was the only rearmost mounting point and it would come off, it didn't have enough surface area in the weld. No biggie, the bracket gives it more shear strength.

And the motor does not move all that much, and the small amount of movement isn't enough to justify the flexible section when the factory component doesnt have it either. It is pretty though.

Now, aside from that, the AEM is a replacement standalone and is a huge investment, and the piggyback (the s-afc) is not all that expensive. The Xede is somewhere in between.. I don't know enough about it to be certain exactly what it does, but its still a piggyback and it does intercept and manipulate signals, so its still at the mercy of what the ECU decides to alter on its own (Limiters, fuel cut, etc)

I use all Buschur products, and for the time being, am using the S-AFC and will be using the S-AVC for closed loop boost control.

I've found issues with using the stock boost control solenoid since it isn't designed for "Duty cycle" boost control, its either on or off.

ok.. now back to my point..

If the Vishnu products weren't as expensive as they are, I'd consider using them, the fact that their on the west coast, and have different formulation gas over there, means they may not have fully tested products for what we have here.. That may or may not be true..

For engine mods and bolt-ons, I will definitely continue using Buschur (Though I am working on purchasing the Toda stroker kit and sourcing a shop locally to build my motor)

Electronics are still up in the air for me..

There's the TurboXS UTec which will be out shortly.. It claims to be somewhere in between a full standalone and a piggyback (It claims to take over all engine functionality, but sending signals back to the cars ECU to trigger the pump speed, Instrument cluster gauges (Speedo, tach signal as far as I can tell) and it will control other things..

There's the XEDE which seems more like a MAF intercept and crank signal intercept.. But I don't know enough about it plus its not documented very well so I cannot comment other than its not a complete standalone ECU

Autronic has a replacement system board for your ECU

AEM has its EMS which is a standalone

the Apex'I powerFC seems to be a standalone with a passthrough (Similar to the Utec??) My concern with this one is their tuning software is not available to the tuner like me.

Then you have all the piggybacks, the HKS AFR, ApexI S-AFC, Blitz, etc..

To make a long story short.. its all personal preference, and an educated consumer will make the decisions based on what suits them best. Its pointless to argue different tuners.. It reminds me of all the ford/chevy BS, or MAC/PC, etc.. Both do their job well, albeit slightly differently.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

If I had to choose between the two it would be BUSCHUR
Never seen a negative comment about them, only praises
Old Nov 9, 2003, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Quality and plug and play, Vishnu. Results and price, Buschur. Vishnu's products can be installed and forgotten, no tuning for the customer. But some of his products are expensive. Not to mention that he is a little behind, where as Buschur is already deep in the 11's. Stage zero of Vishnu runs 13.3-13.7. Stock if you ask me. Also the XEDE is designed for Vishnu's path, no flexibility. Can't use open intake for example.

Quick Reply: buschur vs vishnu // topic and poll merge