Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Buschur or Vishnu ??
Buschur
38.16%
Vishnu
28.95%
Other
0%
I think this is a pointless pissing contest
32.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

buschur vs vishnu // topic and poll merge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2003, 02:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jansolo
I have to admit - those DSM forum threads were some of the most entertaining reads I've had the pleasure of reading in a while. I cannot say whether the people posting negative things are right or wrong, but I can attest to how funny they were. If you have not read those threads, you might as well. Just make sure to not eat or drink while doing so.

Hehehehehe
I second that
Very entertaining thread
The first time Al posted that I read every post, it was just that good
Old Nov 11, 2003, 07:44 AM

Originally posted by natedogg

How's this for a comparison.

Buschur Stage 2 (their 2nd stage): $1,900 - almost 350 whp - ET: 12.42@111.2mph
http://www.buschurracing.com/EVO_Stage2.html

Vishnu Stage 1 (their 2nd stage): $2200-2450 - anywhere from 270 to 315 whp according to unproven claims. I've seen nothing to back these numbers up. - ET: Who knows?

That should about settle the hp per dollar contest.
That helps prove my point. According to your links, it looks like your 2nd stage tuning is right in the range I put it. Still for more money, putting out less hp and torque, and running a slower time at the drag strip than Buschur's 2nd stage. Fill in 12.7@109mph for your ET.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 07:54 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by DynoFlash
Everyone in business gets an unresonable client every so often it aint no big deal man ! We did the right thing by him - he just wants to keep the goods and get a discount - we can't do that ! We do go to great lengths to bend over backwards AND forwards to ensure customer satisfaction

However when you have someone who is very unreasonable and then who starts to threaten to slander your company unless you give them a partial refund AND also let them keep the product - then in that situation I feel most any vendor or shop would tell the guy to get lost

Its very funny that while at the dyno we WANTED to get him up over 300 whp which sould have been a substaintial 30 whp gain - BUT at this customer's insistance and direct instruction we did not try to make any more power and just refined what he had already made

His request was that we focus on reliability and safety

He was happy when he was there - I showed him all the dyno sheets and took him for a test ride and even insisted that he drive his car up and down the road to verify that the tune was working well

He had no complaints what so ever

When he got home - his fellow car club members started asking "how much power did you make"? etc etc - thats when he started to have "issues"

This is a learning experience for sure and something we are going to work to prevent from ocurring in the future

I think from now on we are going to have all clients sign a waiver or acceptance form after they have seen all the dyno sheets, gone for test runs and have them indicate if they want a FULL refund on the spot and go back to stock or if they want to keep the flash

We started in business with the idea to prevent any customer disatisfaction what so ever with a simple concept - if your not happy we reflash you back to stock and give you a full refund - at the time we thought that was sufficient to resolve these kind of problems

The problem with that is in cases like this where in all reality the client realizes the product is good - he has no INTENTION of returning the item - he wants it he knows its a good value. His intention is to use our generous money back promise as a hook to try and wiggle a discounted rate - in this case a 50% discount off of the already discounted $400 club member price he paid

Sadly this guy did not realize that I as most vendors have to deal with tremendous stress and adveristy every day just to survive in business. After enduring such risks and capitol investment and investment of time in our ventures, we will not allow anyone to hold us hostage by making threats to blackmail the company with bad press unless we give them money back.

We offered him a free re-tune to get the extra hp that he initially said NOT to get

Then we offred him a total 100% refund and a flash back to stock

Neither of these offers were acceptable to him

He demanded half his money back and keep the flash - or he was going to slander and bad mouth our company

Thats not somthing we can help him with

I agree with that he was a puss on the dyno he shouldnt even be entitled to waste extra time and effort on the dyno for free. No Way! Al Im not stressful am I?
Old Nov 11, 2003, 07:56 AM
MP5
In Timeout

That helps prove my point. According to your links, it looks like your 2nd stage tuning is right in the range I put it. Still for more money, putting out less hp and torque, and running a slower time at the drag strip than Buschur's 2nd stage. Fill in 12.7@109mph for your ET.
OK natedogg your right. Are you happy with your Buschur Evo stages?
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by MP5

OK natedogg your right. Are you happy with your Buschur Evo stages?
Thank you.

And I'm very happy with my BR500 turbo, full 3" SS mandrel bent exhaust, and other Buschur Racing products that produce consistent 11's on the Talon. Thanks for asking.

I'm not modifying my Evo yet. Its my daily driver. And I like my warranty. I mod the Talon instead. But when I do get around to modding the Evo, you can be sure I'll take my business to Buschur.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 08:08 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Thanks for asking.

I didnt
Old Nov 11, 2003, 09:41 AM
In Timeout

Location: My name is Ananda Robinson.Stupid people should be killed. i live in Maryland
Vishnu is a joke. there is this air in the EVO community that my car is to nice for parts that don't shine. Or you need some super high Tech *sounding* explanation of how one person feels your evo should be tuned.

The truth is many of you shiv included have no frame of reference or bases for hard facts, as to what works on Paper and what works in reality. Mr. Buschur Provin/dynoflash have hard numbers and performance to back there products. What has Vishnu done? He has done nothing. Except convince you that you need a thousand dollar exhaust system, and a tuning box. That cost a fortune to make power. He is a wonderful sales rep for the Ignorant and misinformed.

At this stage most are still using pretty much stock cars. The difference in performance is large at this point. however nothing like what you will see in the near future. When you start to move into large turbo setups and fuel systems. The gap will be immense between thoes that know and those who *think* they know. Just wait until 400whp on pump gas is the norm with large turbo setups. See who cruses to these numbers, and who flounders and resorts to reliability issues and excuse making.

Last edited by Turbo-Weapon; Nov 11, 2003 at 09:45 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:09 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by Turbo-Weapon
Vishnu is a joke. there is this air in the EVO community that my car is to nice for parts that don't shine. Or you need some super high Tech *sounding* explanation of how one person feels your evo should be tuned.

The truth is many of you shiv included have no frame of reference or bases for hard facts, as to what works on Paper and what works in reality. Mr. Buschur Provin/dynoflash have hard numbers and performance to back there products. What has Vishnu done? He has done nothing. Except convince you that you need a thousand dollar exhaust system, and a tuning box. That cost a fortune to make power. He is a wonderful sales rep for the Ignorant and misinformed.

At this stage most are still using pretty much stock cars. The difference in performance is large at this point. however nothing like what you will see in the near future. When you start to move into large turbo setups and fuel systems. The gap will be immense between thoes that know and those who *think* they know. Just wait until 400whp on pump gas is the norm with large turbo setups. See who cruses to these numbers, and who flounders and resorts to reliability issues and excuse making.
Last I checked the Buschur exhaust is $1020.00
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by MP5

Last I checked the Buschur exhaust is $1020.00
BR downpipe: $300
BR catback: $450

$300 + $450= $750

Add a high-flow cat and you're at $900
Use a test pipe instead and you're at $800

http://www.buschurracing.com/cgi-bin....cgi?18X376545
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:18 AM
In Timeout

Location: My name is Ananda Robinson.Stupid people should be killed. i live in Maryland
buschur down pipe =300

buschur cat back =450

unless my math is bad thats 750

vishnu down pipe 675

vishnu cat back 795

thats 1470 if my math is not bad

dont tell me how awesome it looks, it will be filthy in 2 days from road grime. My current dsm system is all polished and pretty. Guess what? it looks like **** now.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:20 AM
MP5
In Timeout

BR downpipe: $300
BR catback: $450

$300 + $450= $750

Add a high-flow cat and you're at $900
Use a test pipe instead and you're at $800

http://www.buschurracing.com/cgi-bin....cgi?18X376545
You forgot the clamps call them with BR back 1000 Magnaflow 1020
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:22 AM
In Timeout

its a slip fit exhaust system clamps for what. i dont know about the evo but my dsm buschur Down pipe came with the test pipe for free.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:25 AM
In Timeout

Originally posted by MP5

You forgot the clamps call them with BR back 1000 Magnaflow 1020
**** the cat swap clamp and quiet muffler the normal systems sounds awesome. the clamps are still only $15
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:27 AM
MP5
In Timeout

I love how you guys grab the SIGNATURE with v band clamps and resonators and flex sections

Standard Vishnu Dumpback 1050

Standard Vishnu Turboback 1150

Premuim Visnhu Signature 1450

None of which are thin gauge home depot pipes with the chinese writing on it

buschur down pipe =300

buschur cat back =450

unless my math is bad thats 750

vishnu down pipe 675

vishnu cat back 795

thats 1470 if my math is not bad

dont tell me how awesome it looks, it will be filthy in 2 days from road grime. My current dsm system is all polished and pretty. Guess what? it looks like **** now.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:29 AM
MP5
In Timeout

**** the cat swap clamp and quiet muffler the normal systems sounds awesome. the clamps are still only $15
Oh getto you mean to tell me you just scrunch them together without securing with the clamps!!??? I can see youve never been to a track other than the friday night drags

Quick Reply: buschur vs vishnu // topic and poll merge