Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

bored today so painted rims/calipers...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by endemic
Thanks, they look good on my all black Evo, I wasn't going to paint the mitsubishi logo, but I'm glad I did. The logo on yours may be too much in yellow, I don't know, I would try it and paint over it if you don't like it. Depends if you don't mind multiple layers of paint / clear coat. But, it might help balance the yellow rim ?

Good job anyway
im gonna do a quick photoshop with it and see how i like it before i decide to paint it...
im kinda pissed i didnt order the brembo stickers early cuz i do see how plain the calipers look now... should have that resolved in a week so no big deal jus looks kinda funny
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
idk y people have an issue with rattle can brembos? its pretty much the same from factory.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:22 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, you were bored!

If you didn't use the right kind of paint or sealant, they will look like **** in 6 months.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks good dude
dont worry about the haters, you'll always have them around

not everyone has the ability to have weeks of down time to send out their calipers and have them powdercoated
Old Jun 24, 2010, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

not feeling it neither but it is your car.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

I think they look good, all you need now is to get the decals on. Dont listen to the negative comments, its making your car unique not making it look like all the other Evos out there. When people see something original their quick to say dumb s**t like that. Here is a picture of mine done with engine paint, ask me if I care what people say. I got more compliments for being original than negative comments.

Old Jun 24, 2010, 05:12 PM

Looks good for a rattle can! I'll be doing this soon too, the previous owner did a horrible job on the rims and the calipers are faded and stickers falling off..
Old Jun 24, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Skylineracer
idk y people have an issue with rattle can brembos? its pretty much the same from factory.
honestly im not a fan of the factory red... i think the clear coat used was pretty cheap also since mine didnt last that long...

Originally Posted by compscibOi
Wow, you were bored!

If you didn't use the right kind of paint or sealant, they will look like **** in 6 months.
i used engine enamel cuz its high temp... i followed the how to exactly...

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
looks good dude
dont worry about the haters, you'll always have them around

not everyone has the ability to have weeks of down time to send out their calipers and have them powdercoated
exactly... tight budget and my DD so not much i could do other than a DIY...
Old Jun 24, 2010, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
I think they look good, all you need now is to get the decals on. Dont listen to the negative comments, its making your car unique not making it look like all the other Evos out there. When people see something original their quick to say dumb s**t like that. Here is a picture of mine done with engine paint, ask me if I care what people say. I got more compliments for being original than negative comments.

thanks man! originally i wanted to purchase a black evo, but i got a killer deal on mine so i jumped on it... the black/yellow was supposed to be for the black one, but i figured hey what the hell, why not...

now that i just finished up the back 2 rims and calipers im excited to grab a few pics of it, especially a rolling shot
Old Jun 24, 2010, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

F*** the haters...before i got my RpF1s repainted i had some old stockers and used a rattle can they came out fine for a $20 job
Old Jun 24, 2010, 06:20 PM

looks good , great job
Old Jun 24, 2010, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Roberti22
F*** the haters...before i got my RpF1s repainted i had some old stockers and used a rattle can they came out fine for a $20 job
i think between the paints, primer, sand paper, prep cleaner, etc... it cost me about $60, but still alot better than $350 or more for powdercoated rims, not even including the brembos...

Originally Posted by 1EVIL EVO
looks good , great job
thanks man, have to say i put in alot of time on this project today... im happy the way it came out
Old Jun 24, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by white_evo27
i think between the paints, primer, sand paper, prep cleaner, etc... it cost me about $60, but still alot better than $350 or more for powdercoated rims, not even including the brembos...

thanks man, have to say i put in alot of time on this project today... im happy the way it came out
Calipers look great. My preference is not to have the yellow lip on your rims. But to each his own.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 07:44 PM

the black calipers with red stickers looks great! im not sure how big of a fan i am of the yellow, but my opinion could change with some black brembo stickers to soften all the yellow
Old Jun 24, 2010, 07:50 PM

Yeah mine looking like crap right now thinking about getting powder coated too. But this don't look bad at all. I have yellow evo with black powder coated mr wheels and want to do yellow brakes already got black decals for the powder coat guy. But might look into this instead. Did you take the brakes off. Or I was thinking a off color like something that match the yellow like blue, red or something.

Quick Reply: bored today so painted rims/calipers...