Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

bored today so painted rims/calipers...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bored today so painted rims/calipers...

painted my rims/calipers today since it was like 90 deg out today and i had nothing else to do... sucks it started to rain about 45min ago so i only got the fronts done... only thing left is to order the brembo stickers and finish up the back 2 lol...

always wanted to do this color setup... tell me what ya think!

Last edited by white_evo27; Jun 24, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Your car, not mine. I'll say that. :X
Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

im ordering new rims anyway i just wanted to have some fun with the stockers... once i have all four finished up ill post new pics so u can see the rest of the car.. i dont think it came out that bad... =/
Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:48 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by white_evo27
im ordering new rims anyway i just wanted to have some fun with the stockers... /
OK, but spray paint on the Brembos? C'mon.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like a good job but not feeling the color scheme. Calipers would look a lot better with decals.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Yellow calipers are nice, with your new rims its going to really stand out.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Look what boredom can do to an Evo!

im ordering new rims anyway i just wanted to have some fun with the stockers... once i have all four finished up ill post new pics so u can see the rest of the car.. i dont think it came out that bad... =/
Are you ordering new calipers as well?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

I spray canned my brembos. I honestly get nothin but compliments on them, even from guys who just had theirs power coated. I think it comes down to what you want to spend your money on. I would rather pay $800 for an upraded IC and pipeing than spend $500 of that to have my calipers done. Plus not to mention the down time you would have to have them sent off, not everyone has another DD so for $15 it just seems fit to go that route for some. I agree though it will not last very long but if done right it will be a great $15 investment.

OP-looks good bud you really need a black brembo sticker to make it break up the yellow. I'm not much of a fan of the yellow stripe, I think it would have looked better stright black.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:12 PM

Well done on being creative. Not my color, but would like to see what they end up like when done.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

did you sand down any curbage areas on the rims?If so what sand paper did you use?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im felling the calipers
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Nothing wrong with painting your rims or Brembo's as long as you use VHT caliper paint, the color combo is definitely interesting, I agree with putting black brembo logos on the yellow calipers. I went for a more stealthy look on mine.

Sorry it's out of focus, I took it on my phone.

Much better than the faded-to-pink color of the originals IMO.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
OK, but spray paint on the Brembos? C'mon.
its engine paint, its high temp itll hold and i think it came out pretty good with 3 coats and 2 coats clear...

Originally Posted by bluebanana23
looks like a good job but not feeling the color scheme. Calipers would look a lot better with decals.
ordered em today off ebay!

Originally Posted by Betty
Yellow calipers are nice, with your new rims its going to really stand out.
thanks man i wanted something different than whats already been done, plus with the turbo XS FMIC i have with the yellow XS lettering on the front looks pretty cool matching now...

Originally Posted by BoostFTW05
I spray canned my brembos. I honestly get nothin but compliments on them, even from guys who just had theirs power coated. I think it comes down to what you want to spend your money on. I would rather pay $800 for an upraded IC and pipeing than spend $500 of that to have my calipers done. Plus not to mention the down time you would have to have them sent off, not everyone has another DD so for $15 it just seems fit to go that route for some. I agree though it will not last very long but if done right it will be a great $15 investment.

OP-looks good bud you really need a black brembo sticker to make it break up the yellow. I'm not much of a fan of the yellow stripe, I think it would have looked better stright black.
thanks man i ordered em today off ebay, cant wait to put em on...

Originally Posted by JustJeff
Well done on being creative. Not my color, but would like to see what they end up like when done.
should have all of it done by tmrw afternoon... most of my budget went to IveyTune lol, so instead of powdercoating em i had to go the cheaper way out, but for the money i think it was a decent turnout...

Originally Posted by Donkeypuncher
did you sand down any curbage areas on the rims?If so what sand paper did you use?
i sanded the whole rim down... bought the sand paper from pep boys, not sure which grit ill get back to ya on that...

Originally Posted by joshewa2688
im felling the calipers
thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by endemic
Nothing wrong with painting your rims or Brembo's as long as you use VHT caliper paint, the color combo is definitely interesting, I agree with putting black brembo logos on the yellow calipers. I went for a more stealthy look on mine.

Sorry it's out of focus, I took it on my phone.

Much better than the faded-to-pink color of the originals IMO.
looks good man! i did my brothers audi black calipers with red lettering... i think its a tight look!

i noticed u painted the mitsu logo on the rim... i was going to do that yellow as well but thought it would be TOO much lol..
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

looks good man! i did my brothers audi black calipers with red lettering... i think its a tight look!

i noticed u painted the mitsu logo on the rim... i was going to do that yellow as well but thought it would be TOO much lol..
Thanks, they look good on my all black Evo, I wasn't going to paint the mitsubishi logo, but I'm glad I did. The logo on yours may be too much in yellow, I don't know, I would try it and paint over it if you don't like it. Depends if you don't mind multiple layers of paint / clear coat. But, it might help balance the yellow rim ?

Good job anyway

Quick Reply: bored today so painted rims/calipers...