Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dome light and electric locks arent working! NEED HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2010, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dome light and electric locks arent working! NEED HELP!!!!!

Ok, so the dome light in my car isn't working and neither is the keyless entry, or the electric locks inside the car. The problem came up after i took out my radio unit. It currently doesnt have the radio in it. I thought that maybe two wires touched and blew a fuse or something so i checked all of the fuses and they are all good. Atleast from what i seen. Has anybody else had this problem? Does the stereo need to be installed in order for the electricity to get to those things or something!? Im completely confused! Somebody please help me!!!!
Old Jul 4, 2010, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

You blew a fuse... theres two fuse boxes in the car one under the hood and inside. sometimes they are tied into more than one thing. I think u blew the one under the hood its incased with a yellow surrounding that holds two fuses together.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
check ur fuses again, it sounds like a 7.5 amp fuse in the driver side foot well but i could be wrong lol
Old Jul 4, 2010, 09:18 AM

Does the car start if not its a 40 amp female fuse in the engine bay or its the radio fuse most likely that's conected with the fuse for the lights . Its under the hood the both in a yellow peice that hold them both either in or out in sync you can use a small pair of needle nose to pry it out and simply replace
Old Jul 4, 2010, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

I'll have to check the fuses again, i did check both boxes last time though. The car starts and runs fine. Everything else works. It's just the dome light and the locks. The switch inside the car or the keyless entry wont work. Those are the only things i've noticed so far.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

anybody else?
Old Jul 4, 2010, 08:19 PM

did you try that stuff and its still not working
Old Jul 5, 2010, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

i wont know til this next weekend. my car is at my gf's house. which is in long island. i live in connecticut.

I'll let y'all know as soon as i check
Old Jul 5, 2010, 08:31 AM

its defanatly those two fuses in the yellow holder under the hood if you blow your radio fuse thats what happens those two tens ones radio other lights and locks
Old Jul 5, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

so is there any certain thing i have to do to get that yellow thing out or does it just pop out, switch the fuses, and pop it back in?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 01:40 PM

Pull it out slightly it won't come out all the way then get a pair of needle nose plyers and wiggle out the fuse replace and you'll be all set
Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Well guys, the fuse was replaced, and still no dome lights or electric locks... :-(
Old Dec 13, 2010, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Your ETACS ECU is fried, you will need to get a replacement one from the dealer or check on ebay for one. It is the red box located behind the interior fuse panel, it controls the dome light functions and keyless entry system. Mitsubishiparts.net has is it listed for $313.

Hope this information has helped you.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

I have the same issue. Door locks/dome light and radio are not working. all fuses seem ok.
How did you fix it?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:22 AM

From what the dealer told me, The etacs ecu is just for the alarm/keyless entry etc and has nothing to do with the dome lights/interior lights...

I have the same issue with my car, lights doesn't turn on when I press "unlock" on the remote or when the doors open, it does turn on when I switch it to "on" position... Can anyone please help? Stupid Friday the 13th got to me lol and it's annoying as hell lol

Quick Reply: Dome light and electric locks arent working! NEED HELP!!!!!