Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Damn, a fix it ticket!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that sucks, I haven't got pulled over yet cus i still have my stock cat on. but f that, TBE all the way!!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for all the replies guys.

As for the LEO (Law Enforcement Officials) on the thread, you guys are doing your job. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Under an overpass, going up a hill, while he was sitting there.

Since it is a fix it, I put on the stocker back on, called one of the cops in the town by the dealer and it is done.

Then I put the Greddy back on.

They tell me it is no fine since I had it fixed within 24 hours.

Thanks again, and I guess it helps I had my stock exhaust still at the shop
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
Just because a some of the honda's you are looking at are retardly done, there are many honda's that will give many evo's a run for their money... So why are you lumping every honda owner into one group?
....because everytime I see someone driving their car like a D-Bag it's a Honda.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Last week , right on the highway, the cop went after me wide open throttle and gave me a warning for........... too much tint in my windows.

now THAT is pathetic :P ... I dont mind being pulled over for this but PLEASE not on the highway..
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:45 AM

funny enough i was once pulled over for blowing through a "no-right-on-red" intersection. That's WHY he pulled me over, but in truth he pulled me over cause I was going about 90-100mph getting onto the freeway. He was driving, so he couldn't get a clock.

I gave him a BS excuse about how I was just trying to merge into traffic safely since there was someone driving like an idiot, and that I didn't see the "no-right-on-red" sign (which was true).

well, long story short, I don't get a ticket for either reasons he pulled me over (most likely because I sport the LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT STICKERS on my back window). He did say that my exhaust is too loud. I played that dave chappell's version of the white dude getting pulled over. "I did not know that officer"

and I got off. 3 violations and got off on each one. best was 5 violations and getting off on each one, though.

I actually drive like a grandma, just the cops are always there right when I want to have fun. It's bull****.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by magcivic
also as an law enforement officer-wow this is the reason people dont like cops these days,because of cops like you. thats why i have a hard time with people i pull over for things.because of cops like you. i drive a modded civic some times i do drive fast just like every person does but you sit here and would pull me over because u think i am a ricer. i am glad i am not in your state because if i was you would be calling ur shift commander to where you pulled me over and i would rip you a new one in front of he/she.why dont you learn to be a cop agan. your here to protect and serve. not show you have power or to **** over. get the hell out of the force.

I think you took that wayyy too serious. He said "causing trouble" not "becasue you are a ricer".
Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HudsonFalcon
....because everytime I see someone driving their car like a D-Bag it's a Honda.
i love my honda(h22 swapped) but it cant compare to my evo but my hatch could for sure catch an all stock evo prolly not a modded out one like mine.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 03:06 PM

Just as an FYI, not sticking up for them. Almost all the Harley guys belong to HOG (Harley Owners Group). If one of them get a fix-it ticket for a loud exhaust HOG sends a high powered lawyer from some place and costs the state lots of money to prove that the exhaust was too loud, therefore it has become financially a liability for the state to stop bikes for having loud exhausts. Once again, lawyers f-ing up the system.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8
Well, first off cops don't give a rat a$$ what your driving. The just want the state money to come in.

Secondly,
you must be ignorant to think every evo owner drives smart. Trust me, there are plenty of dumb evo drivers on the road because they think there crap doesn't stink because they have awd and a turbo..

lastly,
Just because a some of the honda's you are looking at are retardly done, there are many honda's that will give many evo's a run for their money... So why are you lumping every honda owner into one group?

I true enthuisast enjoys all cars, new, old, stock to rebuilt to race.

loud exhaust is a stupid ticket.... flat out, don't care if you are in a honda crx or in a lambo!!

+1 An enthusiast for cars is just that, a lover of all things with motors and wheels. Second note, fix it tickets should be used for dumb asses driving around with busted tail lights n what not. Not someone who happens to enjoy a louder exhaust than the next guy
Old Jul 26, 2010, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Im sure if you got on some Harleys sites, they would have stories about getting tickets for that as well. Just becasue we didnt see, doesnt mean it didnt happen.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Donkeypuncher
Im sure if you got on some Harleys sites, they would have stories about getting tickets for that as well. Just becasue we didnt see, doesnt mean it didnt happen.
True. My parents ride a harley and have for 20+ years. They have gotten tickets, warnings, summons, etc..... But it seems a lot easier to get a ticket when you arent riding an "american made" nameplate.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeypuncher
I think you took that wayyy too serious. He said "causing trouble" not "becasue you are a ricer".
thank you donkeypuncher.. thats all i meant by that.. was i dont give anyone a hard time.. i enjoy the car scene as much as anyone else... and i feel people should be aloud to have fun and enjoy their cars within reason.. in other words who cares about tint or loud exhaust but dont go out doing burnouts on the main strips with 100's of people around.. causing safety issues... so in reguards to the other leos comment.. read a little first and lighten the H*** up bro..