Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Best Gauge Pod and Place to Put!?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been debating where to install gauges in my car while driving trying to see whats best. I currently have a cheap SunPro boost gauge mounted in a cup on the steering column. And, I think the steering column is the best place to mount the 2 most important gauges. If placed correctly, the tachometer is left open in the middle with the left gauge blocking some of the speedo and the right gauge blocking the fuel level...etc.. Non important gauges should go down into the HVAC area or whatever.. JMO
Old Mar 12, 2011, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used a Greddy pod for my AFR and havent Installed the Boost gauge yet but gonna do it soon, right on the steering colum screwed it in doesnt bother me none oh yeah AEM FTW!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by suicidevo
i love this spot i get to see everything very easly.

Your air fuel must really stay cool this way. Its almost like running meth.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:08 PM

Nice setup but should go defi gauges....
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by ErikB
Gruppe S 60mm

I think useing the Gruppe and putting them there is the best place for them, i think the A pillar looks Kinda ricey (sorry guys) Even though I have boost and EGT in a A pillar in my Eclipse, I will hopefully be moving them too, matter of fact the EGT is getting tossed, but I like it clean looking, i dont like gauges all over the place, Im sure some of you guys too so when you turn the car on at night you got all kinds of colors and it looks like Christmas but to each his own I guess
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

[quote=Butt Dyno;9046826]
Originally Posted by shrty10135
Looking to do something like this. Already have autometer boost, and AEM wideband mounted at A pillar. Also have Apex'i 5" tach mounted on the dash just to the right of the steering wheel
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Zivman
best setup for the evo:
Wow. Clean setup. This guys knows what he is doing.
Why not match the clock the same red?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

There's no need for the everyday, street driven, average-joe, Evo to have 6 gauges. Hell, there's no need for any gauges at all as long as you keep up with routine maintenance and periodic tune-ups. As long as you don't abuse your car, all you need is a good tune.

But I like to know whats going on with my engine when I drive just as much as the next guy so I have the Zeitronix Zt-2 and Zr-2 to tell me AFR and boost on one gauge and it's going in my steering wheel gauge pod column.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:28 AM

Anybody can put pictures about evo 9 gauge pod configuration?steering column,pillar,under the radio...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

removed my guages

went with a zeitronix set-up and love it.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by ch53avitech
There's no need for the everyday, street driven, average-joe, Evo to have 6 gauges. Hell, there's no need for any gauges at all as long as you keep up with routine maintenance and periodic tune-ups. As long as you don't abuse your car, all you need is a good tune.

But I like to know whats going on with my engine when I drive just as much as the next guy so I have the Zeitronix Zt-2 and Zr-2 to tell me AFR and boost on one gauge and it's going in my steering wheel gauge pod column.
While I agree that theres no need to have all those gauges, Its nice to have at least a mechanical boost gauge, we werent even provided with a boost gauge from the factory on the Evo. I put a boost gauge in just about all my DSM's none were really left stock anyway, but i wouldnt trust the factory gauge that was estimated off the air flow meter anyway. My Evo is pretty much stock right now and Im not planning on going crazy with mods I kinda like it the way it is, but when I finally do bolt some stuff on I will def be putting a few gauges to see whats going on, nothing crazy just a few basic gauges, I dont wanna blow it up cause it boosted into oblivion and I had no way of telling other then the feeling of wow this things pretty fast, and then the engine blows apart.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by ch53avitech

AMEN. I just got my zt-2 in, got rid of all the other guages I had better to keep things simple.

Last edited by s.lamoureux; Aug 13, 2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

gruppe-s dash pod.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 01:57 PM

Best gauge spot is in the center above ac controls .. looks a lot cleaner and keeps stockish look
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage2evo8
Best gauge spot is in the center above ac controls .. looks a lot cleaner and keeps stockish look
Except if you want a double DIN NAV/DVD stereo.

Quick Reply: Best Gauge Pod and Place to Put!?