Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Voltex Replica Kit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by adam_79_2005
i can understand you being curious about the fitment of this replica voltex kit but think about it from this perspective, if there was a company out there that made replica pistons, rods, cams, crank shafts etc. would you build your motor with replica company parts? i know for a fact there isn't one member on this forum that would build there engine with such a mess, so in the end the SAYINGS are true, "you get what you pay for", " no replacement for displacement", etc. hopefully you get the picture.
there are people that buy turbo
kits off ebay and parts like that and there car is fine. Let's not compare exterior to engine components. Most never do more then base mods anywho
Old Nov 21, 2010, 04:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
who cares how they feel its your car and money. If you dont want your products knocked off your better off not creating it or adjusting your price to make it more affordable to the masses not select few. The kreative design kit si good Gary808 is a dealer and can hook you up if that what you wish
so your saying that companies should just throw away R&D completely and just make some sketches right into a product without testing it? yeah that will totally make you reputable and have a track car that can actually perform before it looses traction from not enough downforce
Old Nov 21, 2010, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

TF carrys the versionSELECT stuff.
it's hand made from their description... layered fiber glass easy to work with.
My friend has a versionSELECT bumper on his Lexus... fits SOOOOOOO well.

I made the mistake of buying an accolade c-west knock off couple years back.
worst bumper ever. so heavy and gaps like grand canyon all around the headlights.
Now I just use that bumper for the winter.

But like many said... get what's in your budget.

Personally, even if I was rolling in money, I can't justify going to the track and possibly destroying a $1500 bumper. I broke my front lip from an off-track adventure....
luckily lips don't require crazy shipping price or paint...lol
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Itchy
so your saying that companies should just throw away R&D completely and just make some sketches right into a product without testing it? yeah that will totally make you reputable and have a track car that can actually perform before it looses traction from not enough downforce
if you want to make a product r&d comes with territory boss you can choose to up the price for it but again if you price yourself out
then you are asking for knock offs people well majority of folks will look for a cheaper option if they can adjust your price or dont complain that 3rd party options exists
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

voltex reps look terrible compared to the real thing.

The issue with reps are that the original manufacturer ends up stop making the product due to the rep company undercutting them so bad and the original manufacturer has to charge so much to make up for lost sales and eventually stops production all together,
Old Nov 21, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, I saw the touge factory white evo with that kit it looks good but front bumper has a small gap and fender space.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldnt do it, because I wouldnt want to support a company trying to replicate the orginial and sooner or later the original company will not want to keep updating and do more research if more replica are produced, Get the real thing from Driveline... they have always been really good with helping the customer and getting them what they want
Old Dec 2, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

You guys kill me with the knock-off hate. Seriously, you guys are basically saying to the budget minded and the people with small budgets to basically ****-off if you can't afford it. Really? I mean really? There's cost effective alternatives to everything in life. I bought a knock-off C-West bodykit for my 2003 RSX and I was completely blown away at fitment for the price ($350)
Old Dec 3, 2010, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

knock offs are a part of life not all knock offs are garbage now some people are just assuming hardcore with that one
Old Dec 5, 2010, 09:52 PM

well it is ebay just be careful with it
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

so what if you cant afford real one's. Rota makes good wheel and its proven with the GST-L. so back to the topic. OP try REXPEED. they make good quality CF piece's.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoPooPoo
Personally, even if I was rolling in money, I can't justify going to the track and possibly destroying a $1500 bumper.
This

I can see spending the money for a street/show car where you want it to look perfect, but one incident on the track (w2w, TT, and even HPDE) can be costly. I have to build this cost into my racing budget, and although I would love to have genuine Voltex all the way around, it just doesn't make financial sense given the environment in which the car is run...

I'm thankful for a functional alternative like the VS line from Touge Factory but my splitter/undertray and wing are Voltex
Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goforwand
This

I can see spending the money for a street/show car where you want it to look perfect, but one incident on the track (w2w, TT, and even HPDE) can be costly. I have to build this cost into my racing budget, and although I would love to have genuine Voltex all the way around, it just doesn't make financial sense given the environment in which the car is run...

I'm thankful for a functional alternative like the VS line from Touge Factory but my splitter/undertray and wing are Voltex
+1 on that Any pics of your kit??
Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BrendanS
+1 on that Any pics of your kit??
Not yet; should be on by the end of January..the test fit went well as the VS stuff really fits nicely....the Voltex undertray and full splitter matched up well.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

I wanna get the Kreative design front bumper with Carbon lip thing looks sweet use it as back up bumper or put my Ati Racing bumper up and use that one. Think im gonna cop one in febuary or march.

Quick Reply: Voltex Replica Kit