Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Voltex Replica Kit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 for rexpeed

Everybody saying that knock offs are killing the industry are naive... Everything in life has a cheaper alternative....

thats like saying if you have a toshiba hdtv instead of a samsung that there is something wrong with that.... same thing here...there are cheaper alternatives for ppl who aren't trying to spend ALL of the hard earned money on their ride.

half of the idiots out there cant even tell your REAL jdm stuff from the fake...and thats the truth
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goforwand
This

I can see spending the money for a street/show car where you want it to look perfect, but one incident on the track (w2w, TT, and even HPDE) can be costly. I have to build this cost into my racing budget, and although I would love to have genuine Voltex all the way around, it just doesn't make financial sense given the environment in which the car is run...

I'm thankful for a functional alternative like the VS line from Touge Factory but my splitter/undertray and wing are Voltex
+1

I have the JDM OEM evo 8 rear bumper - which does not line up very well to my quarter panel. I've seen local guys with replicas that fit better. I paid 3 times as much as them...what does that tell you?

I also have the Voltex rear diffuser.
AMS cracked it while it was on their dyno getting tuned. they didn't even tell me about it, until a week later as I was washing my car I noticed their dyno strap fibers inside the 3" crack. $870.00 diffuser cracked due to small careless incident. yeah I'm pissed, but if it was $250.00 FRP... I'd get over it much sooner.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoPooPoo
+1

I have the JDM OEM evo 8 rear bumper - which does not line up very well to my quarter panel. I've seen local guys with replicas that fit better. I paid 3 times as much as them...what does that tell you?

I also have the Voltex rear diffuser.
AMS cracked it while it was on their dyno getting tuned. they didn't even tell me about it, until a week later as I was washing my car I noticed their dyno strap fibers inside the 3" crack. $870.00 diffuser cracked due to small careless incident. yeah I'm pissed, but if it was $250.00 FRP... I'd get over it much sooner.
correct nothing wrong with some 3rd party body kit yes there are some that fit like *** and are horrible true but if you reasearch you will find companies that make quality kits easy
Old Dec 22, 2010, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never ever buy knock off parts from ebay. Imo if u buy from ebay u shouldn own an evo u should be puttin around in a geo. My buddy ordered a cold air intake for a 240 guess what he got? Headlights. That's right headlights. They were not even for his car. HEADLIGHTS. He also recently ordered an exhaust. Guess wat? It didn fit. Y it was for a silvia. Every time someone buys knock off it takes away from the real companies like hks greddy etc that spends tons in r&d. If everyone bought knock off the real companies would go bankrupt and our cars would be breaking down. Another example is the same friend bought an evo 3 turbo from ebay. It said evo 3 on the housing and when the serial numbers were googled it came up as chinese knock off.. need. A good place to order from its in my signature ask for david nguyen ext 103 tell him who sent u.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've yet to see a proper Voltex replica.

Not sure if everyone is aware but replica body parts are incredibly common in almost every other platform. Some of the most reputable BMW vendors sell replica parts and customers love em for it lol. If you can make your evo look the way you want to without having to shell out 1/4 of your yearly salary why wouldn't you?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by awdordie
Never ever buy knock off parts from ebay. Imo if u buy from ebay u shouldn own an evo u should be puttin around in a geo. My buddy ordered a cold air intake for a 240 guess what he got? Headlights. That's right headlights. They were not even for his car. HEADLIGHTS. He also recently ordered an exhaust. Guess wat? It didn fit. Y it was for a silvia. Every time someone buys knock off it takes away from the real companies like hks greddy etc that spends tons in r&d. If everyone bought knock off the real companies would go bankrupt and our cars would be breaking down. Another example is the same friend bought an evo 3 turbo from ebay. It said evo 3 on the housing and when the serial numbers were googled it came up as chinese knock off.. need. A good place to order from its in my signature ask for david nguyen ext 103 tell him who sent u.
first of all your friend has bad luck and probaly cant read descriptions very well i have gotten some parts off ebay for the various cars i owned never had any issues. Ebay is not a bad place to get anything from cars to games does not matter.

Originally Posted by VRSF Tiago
I've yet to see a proper Voltex replica.

Not sure if everyone is aware but replica body parts are incredibly common in almost every other platform. Some of the most reputable BMW vendors sell replica parts and customers love em for it lol. If you can make your evo look the way you want to without having to shell out 1/4 of your yearly salary why wouldn't you?
agreed spending full prices on some parts to me is just plain stupid and look guys i can spend 3k on a body kit and 2k on rims then they get stolen or damaged then you look like the *** because you wanted to over pay. UNDERSTAND this people not all replicas are bad there are some that are horrible yes i have seen some good voltex copy kits they do exsist man. now if we could just get a replica varis front bumper version 2 style LOL.

Last edited by RockmanX; Dec 23, 2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
first of all your friend has bad luck and probaly cant read descriptions very well i have gotten some parts off ebay for the various cars i owned never had any issues. Ebay is not a bad place to get anything from cars to games does not matter.

agreed spending full prices on some parts to me is just plain stupid and look guys i can spend 3k on a body kit and 2k on rims then they get stolen or damaged then you look like the *** because you wanted to over pay. UNDERSTAND this people not all replicas are bad there are some that are horrible yes i have seen some good voltex copy kits they do exsist man. now if we could just get a replica varis front bumper version 2 style LOL.
Honestly how can someone misread a description of a cold air intake and end up getting headlights. That to me is just a scam. But I can see both sides of this arguement but u have to understand that these companies spend thousands in r&d and countless trial and error. Do you honestly think ams buschur racing and yaris vis and other major body kit manufacturers use ebay parts. No. That's where that extra money you spend goes to. Their tried and true r&d. Their counless hours of designing something that is proven to work and fit correctly. And my buddy has had bad luck with ebay that's y no one should buy from there. There is a chance of not getting remotely close to what u ordered and its taking money away from those who spent their time developing a body kit or turbo system. If anyone supports buying knockoff and taking money from the tried and true companies your not an import enthusiast and all your doing is taking money away from the companies that do the hard work imho.

Last edited by awdordie; Dec 23, 2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly how can someone misread a description of a cold air intake and end up getting headlights. That to me is just a scam. But I can see both sides of this arguement but u have to understand that these companies spend thousands in r&d and countless trial and error. Do you honestly think ams buschur racing and yaris vis and other major body kit manufacturers use ebay parts. No. That's where that extra money you spend goes to. Their tried and true r&d. Their counless hours of designing something that is proven to work and fit correctly. And my buddy has had bad luck with ebay that's y no one should buy from there. There is a chance of not getting remotely close to what u ordered and its taking money away from those who spent their time developing a body kit or turbo system. If anyone supports buying knockoff and taking money from the tried and true companies your not an import enthusiast and all your doing is taking money away from the companies that do the hard work imho.
Come on please if you feel that strongly you better not have any knock offs of anything in your house. NO 3rd party cheese nothing less then Sony tv etc. 3rd party versions exist for a reason. NOt everybody is willing to shell out 2000 for that new samsung but they will shell out 800 for that new I/O that has the same features. Its the american way of life you create something but make it expensive then somebody else takes your same concept either redesign it better or copy it using cheaper methods and that allows me to sell cheaper then you. ITS is the COMPANIES job to adjust there prices accordingly or surrender those funds they could be making. Some people feel that its wrong but if you line up 100 people you would get more supporting the cheaper option now and days then ever before the economy is getting worse you cant afford to always be buying name brand of anything. Some things in life yes you should not be going 3rd party which is true but sometimes the 3rd party items are better then the orginal.

I would feel 1000x better tracking my car hitting a wall and damaging my 3rd party voltex kit then damaging the orginal and having to wait months for replacement parts and out of pocket all the extra money. If you want to buy only original parts then cool thats your choice to drain you bank account like that but dont hate on the guys that car looks exactly like yours but he saved money and has money in his bank account still to buy other parts.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
95% of the people who purchase knock off body kits wouldnt ever spend the kind of money the big companies want for their kits anyways! so if they were never going to buy from the big guys, then the big guys never had their business anyways and no money was lost! there are plenty of people who are willing to spend their money on authentic JDM goodness parts..but the majority of them dont ever drive their cars! they are stricktly show cars, OR the total opposite, they are sponsored track cars! but for those who drive our cars (mine is my dd), i would never spend that kind of money on a body kit! i much prefer the knockoffs!
Old Dec 23, 2010, 06:59 PM

The geo comment is enough to make me sell my evo so my o be compared to a rich ***** like him
Old Dec 24, 2010, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2005blackevo
The geo comment is enough to make me sell my evo so my o be compared to a rich ***** like him
Far from rich. Factory job. Go without hair cuts to buy parts foor my car. Been saving for over 3 years building my honda while the evo sits and collects dust. I make less than 25k dollars a year. Its called saving. U talk about track racing ever heard of aerodynamics? That knockoff ebay junk that doesn fit right wont be very aerodynamic now will it whereas the real kit would be. Are you guys racing on track to be second best? Pick up a modified magazine preferably the february '06 issue with the ams evo and read the ebay and knockoff article and what they say as well. Hks knockoff bov leak at 5 psi. Greddy sr20 oil pan with casting sand still in the bottom of the pan. Want something like that in your motor? Better yet get david bushur into this conversation see if he would want people buying knockoff stuff that he has done or someone from ams. U think they support it uh no because they did the work and are losing out. Good companies go out of business due to crap like this and u guys are supporting it. But rich lol I still owe the bank 9k for my evo work friday Saturday and Sunday 12h shifts and afford namebrand parts y because im an enthusiast and support the tuner community to the fullest and last but not least I save my money. Bada$$ cars aren't built overnight nor do u see feature rides sponsored by ebay. So goodluck with u guys sponsorship.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:27 AM

ummmm guy....its sounds like 2 options for you...you

A. Dont have kids....dont have a life and spend all your money on your car

B. Have a wife and a family but do not care about their future and spend all your money on your car

Come on guy....man, alot of us have families to damn support....so me saving for a full voltex kit for 4k when i can save 2k for my daughter's college fund and 2k on the evo sounds a little better to me.... YOU can spend all your money on your evo....

I will spend the right amount and still hang witcha....BET!

And for reference...im talking about knock offs for the exterior...NOT the motor....big difference
Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:29 AM

OH and +1 for rockman....LOL...dont let us catch you with a toshiba in your house or its game on LOL...

i kid i kid
Old Dec 24, 2010, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered a couple of the Version Select products from Touge Factory. Lots of good reviews so far. Will see how it goes.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Far from rich. Factory job. Go without hair cuts to buy parts foor my car. Been saving for over 3 years building my honda while the evo sits and collects dust. I make less than 25k dollars a year. Its called saving. U talk about track racing ever heard of aerodynamics? That knockoff ebay junk that doesn fit right wont be very aerodynamic now will it whereas the real kit would be. Are you guys racing on track to be second best? Pick up a modified magazine preferably the february '06 issue with the ams evo and read the ebay and knockoff article and what they say as well. Hks knockoff bov leak at 5 psi. Greddy sr20 oil pan with casting sand still in the bottom of the pan. Want something like that in your motor? Better yet get david bushur into this conversation see if he would want people buying knockoff stuff that he has done or someone from ams. U think they support it uh no because they did the work and are losing out. Good companies go out of business due to crap like this and u guys are supporting it. But rich lol I still owe the bank 9k for my evo work friday Saturday and Sunday 12h shifts and afford namebrand parts y because im an enthusiast and support the tuner community to the fullest and last but not least I save my money. Bada$$ cars aren't built overnight nor do u see feature rides sponsored by ebay. So goodluck with u guys sponsorship.
This comment makes no sense. majority of us people build these cars for fun and to have a fast car because we attempting to do something GETTING SPONSORED IS A JOKE. 99% of the time the people getting sponsored know a person at the company that is high up the food chart to get that sponsorship or they have had a built car in the past that got some type of attention. Not to mention just because your sponsored does not mean you get parts free. Majority of the Mags now and days are a joke as well. Most cars in there are tasteless examples of wasting money on pointless parts and doing way to much crap to your car on top of that its the same concept to get in a mag you knew somebody to get there. So again the average person does not have that factored in the deck when building. If you only new the truth about some parts that some vendors sell ill leave it at that. The funny part is you can buy all the jdm garbage you want and think your looking clean but dont be surprised yet again when a person recreates your same car but still has money to build his motor while your still saving. SO GOOD LUCK TO YOU SIR!! you will need it more then others.

Buying JDM parts/1 party parts does not make your ride any better just means you wasted more money

Originally Posted by Thedark20
OH and +1 for rockman....LOL...dont let us catch you with a toshiba in your house or its game on LOL...

i kid i kid
its only the truth boss dont talk about it be about it

Originally Posted by metalsaber
Ordered a couple of the Version Select products from Touge Factory. Lots of good reviews so far. Will see how it goes.
so far the best kit i have seen is kreative design kit i know some people with it and looking tight

Quick Reply: Voltex Replica Kit