Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it possible???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ_EveOhVIII
2.3 4094r(single scroll) and pump gas. = recipe for win
how much do you think that would put me at with just pump and with meth?
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:21 PM

get you some corn son, good stuff !
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by naplesevo
get you some corn son, good stuff !
FROM WHEEEEEEEERE???!!! no one sells it here so im stuck with meth
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i would stay away from meth. ive ran it before, theres just to much that can go wrong. and unless you put a nozzle in each intake manifold runner, you get uneven distrubution in each cylinder
Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
i would stay away from meth. ive ran it before, theres just to much that can go wrong. and unless you put a nozzle in each intake manifold runner, you get uneven distrubution in each cylinder
It looks like I'm gonna have to tough it out with the ams 35r till we decide to get some e85 here. I would say 600whp is pretty decent for an evo anyway
Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:42 PM

I just saw an evo that makes 700hp with meth and a 37r.... I guess it depends on your tuner
Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Where in NC are you? I live in Jacksonville and there's an E85 station about 30 minutes away in Newport.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Marth 8
I just saw an evo that makes 700hp with meth and a 37r.... I guess it depends on your tuner
37r is a very laggy turbo. not something id want on a street car, but thats just me

im not saying you cant make the power on meth, im just saying theres safer ways to get the power

why not just go race gas?
Old Dec 11, 2010, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Meth Kit

Tried to do a search for an e85 station around you with no luck. We have the same problem here in Fayetteville. Hearing some negative comments about Meth. Jason at SpecOps Motorsports swears by Meth. I guess it depends on who installs it and who tunes it. I will tell you, with Jason, you can't go wrong with either. It's kind of a drive from where you are but we get guys from all over and it would definately be worth it. So if you got some time, come check us out.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by ch53avitech
Where in NC are you? I live in Jacksonville and there's an E85 station about 30 minutes away in Newport.
yea i saw that but i dont wanna have to take an hour round trip drive everytime i need a fill on race gas
Old Dec 12, 2010, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
37r is a very laggy turbo. not something id want on a street car, but thats just me

im not saying you cant make the power on meth, im just saying theres safer ways to get the power

why not just go race gas?
i did some research on aquamist hfs5 yesterday and it looks pretty fool proof... any thoughts?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by TheKidd113
Tried to do a search for an e85 station around you with no luck. We have the same problem here in Fayetteville. Hearing some negative comments about Meth. Jason at SpecOps Motorsports swears by Meth. I guess it depends on who installs it and who tunes it. I will tell you, with Jason, you can't go wrong with either. It's kind of a drive from where you are but we get guys from all over and it would definately be worth it. So if you got some time, come check us out.
sounds like a plan bro.... ive taken a trip to fayetteville already. what are you pushin with that red?
Old Dec 12, 2010, 02:46 AM
Evolved Member

You really seem all over the map, OP. It appears you want to hit a number just to hit it and it doesn't seem like you've done much research; at least you're not providing much information that shows like much research was completed.

A good question is why do you want to hit 700whp? What are your goals for the car? Drag monster, red-light racer, dyno queen, other? FWIW - it is not "easy" to hit 600whp on a dynojet. With an AMS 2.3 and a 35R it will likely be done, though (not sure if that was what the other poster was saying). If you just want to hit a number you can find a high reading MD or Dyno Dynamics and go that route.

Also, I'm not sure what type of tq you are expecting but realize the higher your tq the more likely supporting pieces transferring that tq to the road will reach breaking points. Just something to think about. Regardless, I wish you the best in your goals.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Marth 8
sounds like a plan bro.... ive taken a trip to fayetteville already. what are you pushin with that red?
With a huge boost leak at my intercooler and BOV, Matt tuned her to 396 HP on the virtual dyno. I spent all day yesterday fixing all my leaks so when Matt and I get back out on the street, I'll be able to post the virtual numbers. I know it's not the same but it will give me a ball park. I'll have to wait to get the true numbers. I am in the process of building my 500hp daily driver. A Meth kit will definately be part of it.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^+1 for the E85.