Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

clutch issue... please help..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question clutch issue... please help..

wats up guys.. so im having an issue.. today im at a light and my car is in 1st and clutch in.. all of the sudden my clutch pops and stalls my car.. now the pedal was all the way to the floor and wouldnt come back.. i had to manually lift it back.. now i managed to press it an it let me put it in first afta a few shots and while revving a bit without grinding gears.. now i now its not the tob popping off cause i had that issue before andi put in the bracket for insurance.. now i got the car home and wen i looked under the hood the little cylinder that has the little rod that pushes the shift fork was bent.. like bad lol... now i have a compettition stage 4 clutch and its almost 1 and half with it.. could that be the reason y it bent.. or wat.. im confused.. im gona look more into it tomorrow to see if the master cyl. went.. or wats goin on... i didnt see and liquid either.. so wat do u guys think.. im thinking of just down grading my clutch to like a stage 2.. i dont need a stage 4 for my mods.. lol.. especially on a dd.. thanks guys.. any info would help..
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this happened to me its your clutch cylinder thats on your trans and also check your fluid level....change your lines or buy a new clutch cylinder thats on your trans directly and check out the one on your firewall too.

good luck bro
Old Dec 30, 2010, 02:30 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks.. I'm gona check it today.. hope its that.. cause its sumthing simple lol
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow can't believe it bent the pin, post up a pic when you get home so others can see what happened. You'll know right away if its not the wedge collar (a.k.a TOB Clip) as the clutch fork will be in the middle normal spot of its throw when you take off the clutch slave cylinder....

FYI I have a clutch fork stop and had the clip pop off anyways, it was explained to me that occasionally this does happen, and it can be the TOB itself not "holding on"...
Old Dec 30, 2010, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

I hope not.. I already had that issue and taking down the tranny ain't no joke lol.. I'm gona check it today.. I doubt it popped out cause I was still able to change a few gears I just had to press down on the clutch really hard and rev a bit and they slid right in.. ill post sum pics up so u guys can see.. lol..
Old Dec 30, 2010, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Now I thought if the clip was to pop out it wouldn't be driveble.. or am I wrong..
Old Dec 30, 2010, 07:48 AM
Account Disabled

Your problem seems to be defintely, master, slave or line related. You probably have a leak that has finally let all the fluid out and not giving you back pressure.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DREVO978
Now I thought if the clip was to pop out it wouldn't be driveble.. or am I wrong..
haha, no you're right 99% of the time...

1% would be when I started mine in 1st gear and ran several stop signs at a blistering 15mph to get it back home so I could fix it
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Liqquid
haha, no you're right 99% of the time...

1% would be when I started mine in 1st gear and ran several stop signs at a blistering 15mph to get it back home so I could fix it

i kinda did the same.. i didnt want to keep jamming in the gears lol..
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

alright guys so theres the pic of the clutch slave how it bent... now one thing i was looking at is the position of the shift fork.. now isnt suppose to be away from the motor not toward the motor.. the slave isnt even touching it and the fork is in that position... i think the damn tob came out.. aaggggaaiiinnnn.. wat do u guys think..
Old Dec 31, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your TOB clip fell off...

Strange how it bent the rod? Maybe the rod over extended after the tob fell off and wedged at a angle against the fork?

Old Dec 31, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

I'm saying.. but im not sure is the fork suppose to sit there.. or go back if the clip was still on..
Old Dec 31, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

so i came to my conclusion.. im gonna get the tilton clutch kit, but the one that is the push version.. its like 1700 for it.. but i know i wont have to drop this damn tranny again for one damn stupid clip.. i luv my evo.. but sh*t like this makes me wana part from it.. lol..
Old Jan 1, 2011, 02:21 AM
Evolved Member

Look through the inspection holes on the bellhousing and see whats going on with the tob.

Just out of curiosity how many miles on that clutch and who installed it?

Quick Reply: clutch issue... please help..