Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thoughts on importing evo IV

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts on importing evo IV

So I've been looking to buy a car for about 5 months now, and everything I want everyone already has here. I'd get something RWD but the winters are terrible here so I 'd love something I can rip around in the snow. I drove my friends EVO II and I loved it, it shredded through gravel and snow like nothing.

I've done some thinking and I want to import an 96 Evo IV into Canada. Seeing as there is next to no people who own one in Canada, it's hard to find anyones opinion about it.

I was just curious what everyone would think, pros, cons? And I was also looking for a good site for older generation evo OEM and aftermarket parts. Thanks yall
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check the Canadian forum there is a post about some of the things a guy went through to get a car into Canada not meant for the Canadian market. Then find a good car importer and see if it makes sense dollars-wise.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

There was an article in the recent Modified Mag about a company that imports RHD vehicles into Canada. I think it's actually called Right Hand Drive Canada. Might need to google them but it appears they are the best for registering and importing JDM cars into the country.

GL.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 08:06 PM

^^^Saw this write up. Looks awesome and def talk to those guys. dont think its near you. (dont know exactly) but worth a phone call if your serious. i think its gonna cost ya though. a evo Viii kills gravel and snow too might be cheaper not to import. although i really dont know the cost.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I almost pulled the trigger on an JDM Evo 4 but went with a US 9 instead. you still have to wait till August for the first Evo 4's to be canada legal, but nice vehicles they are. Also watch out for broken ayc on the 4's, a nice fix is to go with the 6 rear diff.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by r0arshach
So I've been looking to buy a car for about 5 months now, and everything I want everyone already has here. I'd get something RWD but the winters are terrible here so I 'd love something I can rip around in the snow. I drove my friends EVO II and I loved it, it shredded through gravel and snow like nothing.

I've done some thinking and I want to import an 96 Evo IV into Canada. Seeing as there is next to no people who own one in Canada, it's hard to find anyones opinion about it.

I was just curious what everyone would think, pros, cons? And I was also looking for a good site for older generation evo OEM and aftermarket parts. Thanks yall

I would think up there you would be more interested in a nice 4x4 truck.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 12:36 PM

Its gonna be expensive to import any car internationally.