Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

With the EVO now being extinct, does that mean the value of the IXs goes up?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
You guys have to check this out! Talk about estimating high for an Evo, they estimate $ 50,000 - $ 70,000 for a IX.

https://www.auctionsamerica.com/even...e=FL11&ID=r305
Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well. there is going to be a demand for evo's even when they are not produced any more since they are "specialty cars". so i do believe they are going to hold their price value better than if new evo's were still comin out
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Laxman
You guys have to check this out! Talk about estimating high for an Evo, they estimate $ 50,000 - $ 70,000 for a IX.

I could not see photos of it for some reason but WTH? I cannot see it going for that unless it has some kind of real history to it.

I love my evo but there is no way their value will go up that much. I am also one of the few that likes the VIII better than the IX. The only thing the IX had that I want is the turbo I already got the BOV. I personally like the VIII bumper better as well. I understand I am one of the odd ball people out there though. The VIII seems a bit more raw.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Laxman

man thats crazy! I better get me a evo and then buy one more lol, even though I know it wouldn't sell for that much.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

I wanted a IX, didn't want a X. I couldn't find a IX for a good deal because people were asking for stupid prices on em, I bought the next best thing for about the same price as the cheapest IX (with reasonable miles on it, mind you) with less miles! I got an '08 STi with 7k miles for the price of a IX here with 20k miles, and they were '06 model year cars. So stupid.

So yes, if people are willing to pay, they will, most people will be smart and realize there are other options. There really isn't another car quite like the Supra TT out there right now, there's plenty of things exactly like the IX and/or better.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I wanted a IX, didn't want a X. I couldn't find a IX for a good deal because people were asking for stupid prices on em, I bought the next best thing for about the same price as the cheapest IX (with reasonable miles on it, mind you) with less miles! I got an '08 STi with 7k miles for the price of a IX here with 20k miles, and they were '06 model year cars. So stupid.

So yes, if people are willing to pay, they will, most people will be smart and realize there are other options. There really isn't another car quite like the Supra TT out there right now, there's plenty of things exactly like the IX and/or better.
Oh no, idk about better than the evo IX actually there is no better in my eyes lmao
Old Mar 5, 2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Raistlin
I could not see photos of it for some reason but WTH? I cannot see it going for that unless it has some kind of real history to it.

I love my evo but there is no way their value will go up that much. I am also one of the few that likes the VIII better than the IX. The only thing the IX had that I want is the turbo I already got the BOV. I personally like the VIII bumper better as well. I understand I am one of the odd ball people out there though. The VIII seems a bit more raw.

I like the VIII better too, mostly since that is what's in the driveway at the moment and most affordable for us right now

Hopefully the value will hold, its just nice to know that its value is not rapidly depriciating each day that goes by, like most other vehicles.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

idk about u guys but i check the kbb regularly on my evo with the current miles.. and since i bought it, its only gone up
Old Mar 5, 2011, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

^^^thats true i noticed that too, nothing major just a cpl thousands more, BUT i think kbb and the market is noticing the real value of these cars.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by erald01
^^^thats true i noticed that too, nothing major just a cpl thousands more, BUT i think kbb and the market is noticing the real value of these cars.

Do you guys remember the cash for clunkers? The price/value of all used cars has gone up in the last year. Used to be able to find a decent winter beater for less than $1000, now try and find one that doesn't need something just to make it driveable for less than that.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

I'll just drive mine until death and buy another one. Not driving your car to keep value, HAHA, go buy something else...
Old Mar 6, 2011, 12:42 AM

^ I agree
Old Mar 6, 2011, 03:03 AM

I doubt IX values well go up espescilly since this new X SE which is just badass
Old Mar 6, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

IX and X SE are completly different cars, plus out of all things the 9 is a manual and X SE is auto.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

I can't see them beig worth tons of money

Quick Reply: With the EVO now being extinct, does that mean the value of the IXs goes up?