Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gun pulled on me while drivin my evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread has some of the most ridiculous comments I have ever seen yet on this board. I am a CWP carrying civilian, know the laws very very well, and he, providing you were showing serious threatening demeanors about you, which most likley you were walking up to his car yelling, screaming and talking ****, you deserved everything you got. The only problem I see is that he didn't put a .45 sized hole in you if you continued to approach after he sighted you in. Right now as it stands though, he can get in a lot of trouble for brandishing a firearm and pointing a gun at someone, and you get to walk away WITHOUT your pride because you didn't make the right choice and were stupid. The cop wasn't sympathetic because he knew you were stupid, plain and simple, but he also knew the other guy was wrong technically because he brandished and didn't fire. This situation has nothing to do with a cops life being worth more than yours or not, this has everything to do with you not being the bigger man and just walking away (driving) from this situation.

What I want to know if, did that make you feel more like a man, getting out of your car and attempting to confront him when it would have been easier for you to avoid the entire situation? Did it feel good to attempt to avenge his wrong, and almost get yourself killed in the process? Does it feel good knowing that if he would have shot your friend and your dumb** that in court it would have been his word against nobody's, and all they see is two dead idiots with road rage and one out, approaching, and 7/8ths the way to his car? What do you think would have happened? He would still be out living life while you and your buddy are pushing up flowers somewhere.

I personally woudn't act like a jack*** like he did in the first place, but if anyone jumps out of their car like you did at me and approached my car after following me like you did, your damn right you would be staring right down the barrel of my 45.

People like you, getting out of your car and approaching others because you can't control your own anger are the reason I have my CWP.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by tkklemann
This thread has some of the most ridiculous comments I have ever seen yet on this board. I am a CWP carrying civilian, know the laws very very well, and he, providing you were showing serious threatening demeanors about you, which most likley you were walking up to his car yelling, screaming and talking ****, you deserved everything you got. The only problem I see is that he didn't put a .45 sized hole in you if you continued to approach after he sighted you in. Right now as it stands though, he can get in a lot of trouble for brandishing a firearm and pointing a gun at someone, and you get to walk away WITHOUT your pride because you didn't make the right choice and were stupid. The cop wasn't sympathetic because he knew you were stupid, plain and simple, but he also knew the other guy was wrong technically because he brandished and didn't fire. This situation has nothing to do with a cops life being worth more than yours or not, this has everything to do with you not being the bigger man and just walking away (driving) from this situation.

What I want to know if, did that make you feel more like a man, getting out of your car and attempting to confront him when it would have been easier for you to avoid the entire situation? Did it feel good to attempt to avenge his wrong, and almost get yourself killed in the process? Does it feel good knowing that if he would have shot your friend and your dumb** that in court it would have been his word against nobody's, and all they see is two dead idiots with road rage and one out, approaching, and 7/8ths the way to his car? What do you think would have happened? He would still be out living life while you and your buddy are pushing up flowers somewhere.

I personally woudn't act like a jack*** like he did in the first place, but if anyone jumps out of their car like you did at me and approached my car after following me like you did, your damn right you would be staring right down the barrel of my 45.

People like you, getting out of your car and approaching others because you can't control your own anger are the reason I have my CWP.
Look man, I think you got things a little twisted, not once did I praise myself for going up to the dude, I reacted in anger. So you sitting there saying I deserved to have a gun pulled on me makes you look like a ***** too. I was unarmed and just cursing the guy out. I am looking back on it now with some regret but I reacted in the moment. People like him carrying guns for the wrong reasons are the problem, not me sir.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Agree with tkkleman, for the most part.

Without knowing the exact circumstance of the red light and you & your brothers positioning, it's hard to say.

It's lawful to draw a firearm if in a situation of immediate and otherwise unavoidable threat of death or great bodily harm.

If he had no escape and both you and your brother were approaching him making threats... then yes... no escape for him, plus your aggression, plus the fact that you had disparity of force (you + your brother vs. one guy) meant he could lawfully draw his firearm and shoot to disable (only you, since by disabling you, it's now 1 on 1 and there is no longer disparity of force).

You should have avoided confrontation. The law will never be on the side of someone who willfully creates a confrontation.

Thread title should be: "Gun pulled on me when my brother and I got out of my car to create a confrontation at a red light"

Last edited by recompile; Mar 8, 2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by recompile
Agree with tkkleman, for the most part.

Without knowing the exact circumstance of the red light and you & your brothers positioning, it's hard to say.

It's lawful to draw a firearm if in a situation of immediate and otherwise unavoidable threat of death or great bodily harm.

If he had no escape and both you and your brother were approaching him making threats... then yes... no escape for him, plus your aggression, plus the fact that you had disparity of force (you + your brother vs. one guy) meant he could lawfully draw his firearm and shoot to disable (only you, since by disabling you, it's now 1 on 1 and there is no longer disparity of force).

You should have avoided confrontation. The law will never be on the side of someone who willfully creates a confrontation.

Thread title should be: "Gun pulled on me when my brother and I got out of my car to create a confrontation at a red light"
he had someone with him as I orig posted thats 2 vs 2, so with all this talk about "unavoidable threat of death or great bodily harm" Isn't that that same situation he put me in when he used his vehicle as a weapon towards me? I know I ain't gonna win this argument but this is the first time I've got oushed to that point, Its not like I jump out my car everyday.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 04:52 AM
Evolving Member

I wouldnt consider him confronting someone about their driving actions a situation where death or bodily harm can occur... now if he was confronting with a knife or pipe etc then yes i could see a gun-drawing happening.

In Canada, i would have done what you did. In the USA, i wouldn't have. In your case, i'm just happy you didn't get capped by some d- bag. Its not worth your life
Old Mar 8, 2011, 04:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdm96gsr
Look man, I think you got things a little twisted, not once did I praise myself for going up to the dude, I reacted in anger. So you sitting there saying I deserved to have a gun pulled on me makes you look like a ***** too. I was unarmed and just cursing the guy out. I am looking back on it now with some regret but I reacted in the moment. People like him carrying guns for the wrong reasons are the problem, not me sir.

You have a serious twist on reality man, YOU reacted in ANGER, YOU confronted HIM, YOU got out of your car and approached, YOU got the gun pulled on YOU.

You were in the wrong, plain and simple.

Call me a ***** if you will, I don't care, I am more of a man that you ever will be because I would have turned off the road in another direction and left. If that's what you call a *****, well, then I guess I am, but at least I wouldn't have been the one starting down the barrel of a gun like you did.

When are you going to realize that you being unarmed had nothing to do with this situation???? There is no relevance to this about you being unarmed, it is only your petty attempt at self justification of this situation and your actions.

People like him are carrying guns because we have to deal with IDIOTS LIKE YOU getting out of their cars and and wanting to confronting us!

(Now, also based on what was written, I am in no way justifying the gun toting guy for anything he did either. The simple fact is, both of you were wrong, period. This situation should have been resolved by you driving away, but you made your choice to avenge his wrong, and now you have to live with the consequences. Just be thanking god your not dead and still alive to type out your self-justifying pathetic story to Evom.)
Old Mar 8, 2011, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

While he did react on anger....

is becasue he was run off the damn road. I hate to say it, but anger gets the better of most of us.

Whos to say MOST of you guys would not have reacted the same considering he was just driving down the street, minding his own business, and then gets run off the road for no apparent reason. My blood would have boiled over as well.

May not have been the smartest thing to do....but at the moment...which none of us can re live through his post...lots of us would have done the same thing.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
May not have been the smartest thing to do....but at the moment...which none of us can re live through his post...lots of us would have done the same thing.

While I do agree with that statement, a very very small part of it, I have reached that part in my life where I realize I enjoy life too much to let my own anger get the best of me. I just simply don't let things get to me like I used to because I realize its simply not worth it.. I value my own happiness much more than some idiot who cuts me off in his car.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
While he did react on anger....

is becasue he was run off the damn road. I hate to say it, but anger gets the better of most of us.

Whos to say MOST of you guys would not have reacted the same considering he was just driving down the street, minding his own business, and then gets run off the road for no apparent reason. My blood would have boiled over as well.

Exactly...! You don't have to be a tough guy in order to want to question the a-hole wtf was his problem. Alot claim to know the laws, but I suggest they polish up on Tri-State laws, and especially on how NY will try to give you football numbers behind bars if you brandish a gun. Either loaded or unloaded.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd prolly slam in to him full speed and say my brakes weren't working.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
You're a brave guy for sure! I'm glad you scared the **** out of him! You probably saved a few more people from the same experience! I do think you were lucky and you never know when walking up to a 'poser' like this guy if he is going to use that gun. Did you get his license plate & report that? I hope this p.o.s gets what he deserves! Thanks for doing this! Be careful!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tkklemann
No anger issues eh???

You just exemplified and outdone yourself. Congrats.

He who carries the biggest stick doesn't win, and as you put it, sweetheart.

And you're still riding mine buttercup... Smh... 10 out of 10 you're still a big ***** like the g37 driver carrying a gun. You display your anger of being exposed as ***** by laughing and trying to point out sentences that still show nothing about having anger issues. It just points out human nature. There's a reaction towards every action. You do have strong ***** fingers as stated. Don't be mad about it embrace it as you've stated you've embraced things in life...
Old Mar 8, 2011, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

dude just be lucky you aint dead, the hell with that idiot who cutt u off. i would just mind my business after that, cuase like i said you never know what they got, just bring your gun next time , if he pull his out just shot his ***
Old Mar 8, 2011, 05:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thread cleaned.

Guys, I know this is a sensitive subject and can relate to having a gun pointed at you but keep it cool in here. There is no reason to be name calling, so keep it down or this thread is getting locked.

Capiche?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KJ82
And you're still riding mine buttercup... Smh... 10 out of 10 you're still a big ***** like the g37 driver carrying a gun. You display your anger of being exposed as ***** by laughing and trying to point out sentences that still show nothing about having anger issues. It just points out human nature. There's a reaction towards every action. You do have strong ***** fingers as stated. Don't be mad about it embrace it as you've stated you've embraced things in life...

I guess you have me all figured out now don't cha? I'm glad life is that simple for you.

Quick Reply: Gun pulled on me while drivin my evo