Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Question on Ethics... please help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on Ethics... please help

Hey guys,

I dropped my car off with a tuner (who I will not disclose the name of) about 7-8 months ago. He tuned the car, and during a test drive where I was not present, he blew the headgasket and scored the head. It has been at the shop he is associated with ever since. The motor was pulled apart and sent to a machine shop where I assume it still is. I've sent him in excess of $1500 plus parts he insisted I replace.

The Problem: He is ALWAYS out of the country and never returns my text messages or voicemails. When I threaten to sue him he'll respond and promise me the car will be done in 2-3 days and I can take it home. He's been doing this for about...6 months. Since, I've taken a job in California and I live here, but my car is still located in Connecticut. So now when I do get the car back I have to fly all the way out there to get it. I'm really frustrated with the current situation and not sure what to do. I want to just rent a U-Haul trailer and go get it, but who knows where the motor is or where the rest of the parts are...

Help on what I should do please. I'm at a loss. I feel like I gave these people my car to keep or something.

-James

Update 1

Update 2

Last edited by 05ah8james; Mar 18, 2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Updated
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05ah8james
Hey guys,

I dropped my car off with a tuner (who I will not disclose the name of) about 7-8 months ago. He tuned the car, and during a test drive where I was not present, he blew the headgasket and scored the head. It has been at the shop he is associated with ever since. The motor was pulled apart and sent to a machine shop where I assume it still is. I've sent him in excess of $1500 plus parts he insisted I replace.

The Problem: He is ALWAYS out of the country and never returns my text messages or voicemails. When I threaten to sue him he'll respond and promise me the car will be done in 2-3 days and I can take it home. He's been doing this for about...6 months. Since, I've taken a job in California and I live here, but my car is still located in Connecticut. So now when I do get the car back I have to fly all the way out there to get it. I'm really frustrated with the current situation and not sure what to do. I want to just rent a U-Haul trailer and go get it, but who knows where the motor is or where the rest of the parts are...

Help on what I should do please. I'm at a loss. I feel like I gave these people my car to keep or something.

-James
Stop threatening and DO IT!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Go get your car and whatever you can get a hold of, who ever you can get a hold off to talk to and have them address the situation and sue for the damages.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Get off the internet and call a lawyer right now.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

I approve the 1st 3 comments
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIFL
Stop threatening and DO IT!
Exactly!!!! and to the op I know exactly who you are talking about!!!!! first name is "Big" you guys can fill in the rest lmao!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
How did this not seem sketchy the minute it happened?

I sincerely hope you've at least seen your car once a month. If you haven't, it's likely that the car is long gone from their shop.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

if i was in your position, i would have already invested in a good lawyer.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

One more thing I'd like to add is to make sure you have all your stuff together because it won't be easy winning this type of case just saying.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know who you are talking about. Get a lawyer.. Get your car back
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Why don't you talk to the owner of the actual shop and see what he can do form you, if anything. I know the shop owner and tuner, neither are crooks and will do what is right....it just may take awhile. I'd suggest calmly going to the shop and speaking with the actual owner. This thread is doing you nor anyone else any good.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Its kind of obvious, the state he is in, the tuner out of the country hmmmm i wonder who the fat bold guy is.....i know it too lol.

Go take your car and figure it out.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alianum777
Go get your car and whatever you can get a hold of, who ever you can get a hold off to talk to and have them address the situation and sue for the damages.
I just called a lawyer, I have a meeting this Thursday.

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Get off the internet and call a lawyer right now.
Done, but thank you!

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIFL
I approve the 1st 3 comments

Originally Posted by KWezzy
Exactly!!!! and to the op I know exactly who you are talking about!!!!! first name is "Big" you guys can fill in the rest lmao!
Correct. I assume he has a history with manipulating customers?

Originally Posted by llDemonll
How did this not seem sketchy the minute it happened?

I sincerely hope you've at least seen your car once a month. If you haven't, it's likely that the car is long gone from their shop.
I saw it before I left last month. I haven't seen it since because I'm on the opposite side of the country.

Originally Posted by milford
if i was in your position, i would have already invested in a good lawyer.
I did, I do wish I had acted sooner.

Originally Posted by KWezzy
One more thing I'd like to add is to make sure you have all your stuff together because it won't be easy winning this type of case just saying.
I have to talk to the lawyer. I have all the receipts from buschur, and all the receipts from paypal when I sent him payments.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Why don't you talk to the owner of the actual shop and see what he can do form you, if anything. I know the shop owner and tuner, neither are crooks and will do what is right....it just may take awhile. I'd suggest calmly going to the shop and speaking with the actual owner. This thread is doing you nor anyone else any good.
he can't just go to the shop haha he lives in Cali now! that would take a flight and more cash out of his pocket
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

"fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

you need to escalate this issue beyond him offering to fix your car to put you off temporarily. Utilizing a lawyer can help you set deadlines and consequences for him.

Quick Reply: Question on Ethics... please help