Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buying an Evo with 90k Miles

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hells ya! Im excited, I am prepared for malfunctions and breakdowns, at least I hope I am haha.
Old May 17, 2011, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hahah, I see you have a Scion tC. I traded my Scion tC with very low miles for an Evo with 108k. Let's just say my mom wasn't thrilled but that was 3 years ago. Even to this day, I love the Evo just like the first day I got it. Still go outside, look at the car, and say to myself, I finally own my dream car.

BIG difference between the cars. FWD to AWD. Toyota to Mitsu. Cheap luxury like Bose speakers to cheap OEM speakers. Comfortable drive to handling characteristics and stiff springs. This car is just amazing. I learned a lot and wish you luck on your Evo journey. It's one hell of a learning experience.

But other then that, make sure you don't buy an Evo with the SES light on and the gas tank all the way on empty where the light comes on. Made that mistake and now I leaned to tilt my head sideways to see things (I have a 2 pod gauge on the steering column, didn't see any of these).
Old May 17, 2011, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8426
i think rockman did the same

congrats on the purchase
yup but my buttons are not painted lol just peaces and my door panels are wrapped in seude love

Old May 17, 2011, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats bro im a new evo guy too i got mine last month from an older woman. 03 with 115k for 11k. stock except the tinted tails and a folder with all service records everything done at the dealer. ive already started to play around with mine and its impressive to say the least.
Old May 18, 2011, 03:48 AM

just check out the parting out section to find mint interior pieces if you're interested to get it looking better than that blue... lol
Old May 18, 2011, 03:32 PM

See UGLY *** BLUE! No offense Rockman, He just didnt make it anywhere as good as yours. Also, my rear wiper is gone, guess I have a few more things to fix >.<
Old May 18, 2011, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
get it checked out

look over most expensive parts and make sure they are in working order

and buying an evo for 10k is pretty good deal
Old May 18, 2011, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IWantAnEvo87

See UGLY *** BLUE! No offense Rockman, He just didnt make it anywhere as good as yours. Also, my rear wiper is gone, guess I have a few more things to fix >.<
Wow it's like he bought all those parts from fisher price! I would just shop around the market place for some nice OEM panels or just have those repainted at a shop. If you want to spend a little less than those options just cover them with vinyl wrap.
Old May 18, 2011, 03:45 PM

Ya, I was going to do Vinyl, but there is a problem doing that. You don't see the icons (ie. windows, locks, its ashame how someone would do this to a car. You should see what he did to the Engine HAHA (looks like Spiderman under the hood)
Old May 18, 2011, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

wow that looks awful haha. Couple things, I would strongly reccomend getting rid of that air freshener. My brother was working on car recently and an air freshener like that just destroyed the car (whatevers behind the vents and stuff, 3k in repairs). Also Pics of Engine!
Old May 18, 2011, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by IWantAnEvo87

I see that is pretty ugly and gotti for real. The color that you have is baby blue and yes does not fit at all. Painting the buttons is also stupid as well. I would just repaint the panels a different color and use paint thinner to take the paint off the buttons then it will shape up nicely. here is another MORE recent pic of my interior since the motor build etc

here is another interior of a evo painted a different color

Old May 18, 2011, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the purchase. Interior paint is cheap and easy, and most of the trim comes off easy. Do work!
Old May 18, 2011, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

That orange, mango? colored evo needs a cf trunk!. Also it could be the picture quality but that interior paint looks badly done
Old May 18, 2011, 06:46 PM

Pictures of the Spiderman Engine is coming soon! I have a lot of work to be done. He decided to put a bigger battery in the compartment, so it looks very ghetto, not to mention is terrible paint Job.

The reason for the battery being bigger was, because it wouldnt start up in the "cold"... Well, I come to find out he is full of it. Its 60 degrees, starts up then turns off.. so my problems have already came upon me =(
Old May 18, 2011, 10:45 PM

As mentioned by the many, get the car to a tuner and have them check everything out. They should be able to check all the vitals and give you an idea of how the car was maintained. I hate to hear someone got ripped for something they really wanted and worked for. On one of the local forums here in socal, a guy just got a used evo and within weeks he lost the motor. He had all kinds of issues from the start and didn't no enough to get the car checked properly. Hope everything works out for you.

Quick Reply: Buying an Evo with 90k Miles