Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

too rich during engine brake in???

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dastallion951
some people need to stop givin stupid advice, thats gonna confuse op anymore, some people were right at idle it is way rich idle and cruise trims u want the afr to be between 14.7-15.2...thats ideal afrs for idle/cruising, sounds like u need to have ur injectors scaled properly, then take care of adjusting timing in the 0-140 load cells, that should get u content until you can get on a dyno and get wot taken care of. there ya go answered.
Thanx man!!! I apreciate your help! yeah, the AFR is better right now but always is rich (12.6-12.9) (from 12.3-12.5 before), maybe with some adjust like you say, can be in 13.5 i donīt know but not rich like before!!

thanx!
Old May 27, 2011, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
since youre on evo 8 ecu, if your running ecu flash, which im assuming you are, the first thing you can adjust with the injectors is the voltage and latency, theres a thread in the ecu part of the forum for most injectors out there includin im assuming yours. Now im curious since you have that ecu you can log your car, whats your fuel trims short term and long term been staying around, if there too + or too - you can adjust the volts or latency # then you can dial in your fuel trims, then you should be good and that should help lean your mix a little more at idle and cruise, then from there you can start getting into the tuning, or your best bet contact a vendor on here that does email tunes, tell them your injectors and your setup, and they could give you a good basemap till you get on the dyno.
Old May 30, 2011, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

since youre on evo 8 ecu, if your running ecu flash, which im assuming you are, the first thing you can adjust with the injectors is the voltage and latency, theres a thread in the ecu part of the forum for most injectors out there includin im assuming yours. Now im curious since you have that ecu you can log your car, whats your fuel trims short term and long term been staying around, if there too + or too - you can adjust the volts or latency # then you can dial in your fuel trims, then you should be good and that should help lean your mix a little more at idle and cruise, then from there you can start getting into the tuning, or your best bet contact a vendor on here that does email tunes, tell them your injectors and your setup, and they could give you a good basemap till you get on the dyno.
Hello man!!!

I changed the injector size scaling (was in 914 and move to 1008) and afr change to 12.6 to 13.1, but I donīt know what can happen with this change?? nothin?? Righ now I only run my car soft, until 3,000rpm without boost... Only have 160 km (100 miles) on it, so my question is If itīs correct move the values with ecuflash of the injector size scaling?? I saw better results with that, but nothing happen???

Last edited by Mauricio Evo IV; May 30, 2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old May 30, 2011, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...injectors.html

read this link, sounds like your starting to go to the right area, however with the injectors scaling typically the number you want is 5-15% less of the number then what the injectors aree rated for. So you might have to drop the latency number down, but if you look in the link on the top of my post here, you can fine tune in the voltage, to get your trims in check. Now whats your STFT and LTFT trims both reading now since you changed the number?
Old May 31, 2011, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...injectors.html

read this link, sounds like your starting to go to the right area, however with the injectors scaling typically the number you want is 5-15% less of the number then what the injectors aree rated for. So you might have to drop the latency number down, but if you look in the link on the top of my post here, you can fine tune in the voltage, to get your trims in check. Now whats your STFT and LTFT trims both reading now since you changed the number?
Thanx again man!!!

I put it those values in voltage injector latency and move the size scaling... Right now is in 14.7 in idle and run lean not rich!!! I think when I tune the car move those values like was before righ? I donīt know if the inyectors with that change when I WOT the injectorss works correctly, what do you think??
The voltage injector right now is:

And Size scaling is 731

BTW my STFT and LTFT I donīt know because I didnīt make a datalog.. so I donīt know

Last edited by Mauricio Evo IV; May 31, 2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old May 31, 2011, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

ok so what u need to do is datalog it, or you can view your STFT and LTFT as they currently sit, to fine tune your LTFT you need to go on a roadtest. IIRC the LTFT changes ever 15 mins at highway speeds...so your STFT and LTFT have to be at + or - 3......those are the best for those, then once you get your trims dialed in to those specs, then you can work on your fuel map to fine tune your AFR for wide open throttle and less then 100% throttle...if you have ecuflash there might be a datalogger somewhere in the program, if not youll have to download mitsulogger or another program like that. Good luck man looks like its startin to work for ya..haha
Old May 31, 2011, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

ok so what u need to do is datalog it, or you can view your STFT and LTFT as they currently sit, to fine tune your LTFT you need to go on a roadtest. IIRC the LTFT changes ever 15 mins at highway speeds...so your STFT and LTFT have to be at + or - 3......those are the best for those, then once you get your trims dialed in to those specs, then you can work on your fuel map to fine tune your AFR for wide open throttle and less then 100% throttle...if you have ecuflash there might be a datalogger somewhere in the program, if not youll have to download mitsulogger or another program like that. Good luck man looks like its startin to work for ya..haha
Thanx apreciate your help!! Iīm reading the thread and maybe today i change the values again, I find other voltage for 1,000cc.. I need to try until find the exactly combitation!!! Thanx again!
Old May 31, 2011, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

yea no problem man, keep the thread posted with what you find...tell u what heres what you can do since now its startin to run leaner at idle, experiment with the Scaling number, since your at 731... check and see how the idle is at 800... upping the scaling number iirc will richen up the trims a bit... like I said before iirc 15% less then what the rated ccs of the injectors so if there 1000cc it should be at 850 give or take.. so start with 800...and go from there good luck
Old May 31, 2011, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

yea no problem man, keep the thread posted with what you find...tell u what heres what you can do since now its startin to run leaner at idle, experiment with the Scaling number, since your at 731... check and see how the idle is at 800... upping the scaling number iirc will richen up the trims a bit... like I said before iirc 15% less then what the rated ccs of the injectors so if there 1000cc it should be at 850 give or take.. so start with 800...and go from there good luck
Yeah Iīll do that!! Yesterday I put 760 in size scaling and the AFR was 12.6 so I donw to 731 and AFR was in 14.7-14.9, so I think if I increase the voltage and increase the size scaling (850) I could obtein a good AFR in idle and run great. I hope so!
Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

hi man!!! one question??? I need to make a datalog for obtein the LTFT and STFT right??? I have evoscan, so I need to datalog with the car run or only in idle??
Old Jun 2, 2011, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

yes yo u want to datalog the car you basically have two trims, STFT (Short Term Fuel Trim), and LTFT (Long Term Fuel Trim), your stft is the corrections the ecu is making to try and get to stoichometric (14.7 afr) at this moment, ltft is the adjustments the ecu has made over a period of time with adjustments for it. So long story short to dial in your stft you need to be at idle and iirc its every 4 to 8 mins at idle the trims will adjust in the ecu, so to dial your idle in first see your adjustments you made, then wait let it idle and see how it does. But only adjust one side of your latency voltage scale, the other numbers does it for LTFT. Now to adjust LTFT you need to be at high way speeds for the same amount of time non stop, so hop on a freeway crusing you know 45-60mph for at least 8-15 mins then your LTFT will start adjusting. Now the key thing to remember man, on your fuel trims, you want them + or - within 3 from 0. so up to + 3 or to -3, but personally you want it on the negative side because that means the ecu is pulling fuel rather then adding fuel. You always want a bit rich over a bit lean. Hope that helps, good luck and post an update when you get a chance.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keeping an eye on this thread, some good info as i am not starting what you are doing Mauricio Evo IV. and with the same car/ecu