Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dash gauge pod

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dash gauge pod

Was looking at getting the gruppe-s gauge pod, but was wondering is there is a way to relocate climate control to lower din and have radio below the 3 gauges on upper? DOnt know if that would look better or not.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
personally i like the dash pod. i have one on my car. and yes you can relocate the hvac controls. theres a thread somewhere around here
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Well I want the dash pod but was wondering if there was one like the gruppe-s but just the radio and climate switched.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

For the dash pod I believe you relocate the radio to the lowest opening in the center dash with a kit you can buy straight from a Mitsubishi Dealer. Then the HVAC stays where they are. So from top to bottom it goes: Gauge pods, HVAC, Radio.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2004EvoVIII
For the dash pod I believe you relocate the radio to the lowest opening in the center dash with a kit you can buy straight from a Mitsubishi Dealer. Then the HVAC stays where they are. So from top to bottom it goes: Gauge pods, HVAC, Radio.
Yeah I just thought maybe itd be better with the radio under gauges is that was possible.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Seems like it would be possible, you could be the guinea pig and let us know.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by asu11
Yeah I just thought maybe itd be better with the radio under gauges is that was possible.
In order for that to work you would have to take your console gauge pod and cut out the section where the HVAC knobs would go. Then install the radio using some custom brackets you would have to fab up to make it sit where the HVAC is supposed to sit. Then take the HVAC controls, make a custom pod type thing to set it down in that opening and then re run the wiring to the correct places.

In my opinion: If you have time and money and want to see this happen - go for it!
If this was me I wouldn't attempt it only because I love the way the dash pods look, and when the radio gets relocated out of the way it looks better cause the HVAC still lights up.

Idk - it's all about personal preference so do it up and like the guy above me said - be our guinea pig!!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

In order for that to work you would have to take your console gauge pod and cut out the section where the HVAC knobs would go. Then install the radio using some custom brackets you would have to fab up to make it sit where the HVAC is supposed to sit. Then take the HVAC controls, make a custom pod type thing to set it down in that opening and then re run the wiring to the correct places.

In my opinion: If you have time and money and want to see this happen - go for it!
If this was me I wouldn't attempt it only because I love the way the dash pods look, and when the radio gets relocated out of the way it looks better cause the HVAC still lights up.

Idk - it's all about personal preference so do it up and like the guy above me said - be our guinea pig!!
Lol I would but I need the gauges now so Im just gonna relocate the radio to the bottom and install the pod with my 3 sexy aem gauges
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Hey all Im looking for the gruppe-s pod and cant find a site that offers it with the new climate stickers. Ive found it before but cant now. Anyone know where to get it?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

You might wanna check this out too - don't know how relevant it is to your "hopes and dreams" but you can check it out anyways?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ation-kit.html
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

You might wanna check this out too - don't know how relevant it is to your "hopes and dreams" but you can check it out anyways?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ation-kit.html
Yeah I think ill just get the gruppe-s pod and relocate the radio to the bottom din since I want the gauges up high. Thanks for the link though!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Mmm Sexy
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ryancb

Mmm Sexy
exactly what i want!
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Does anyone know where to purchase the gruppe-s pod that comes with the stickers for the hvac?