Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Are there any Evo Clubs out there?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2004, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there any Evo Clubs out there?

I've been looking around lately for some kind of Evo club that the members might be able to join and have a set of benefits but have not come across anything like I've been looking for. Are there any clubs out there that cater to this car segment?

I've got an NSX and am in the NSX Club of America and some of the benefits are that there are a number of venders and dealers that give substantial discounts to club members from everything oem to full out performance parts. The discounts range from 10-30% off of list.

Is anyone out there interested in starting something like this for Evo owners? I have not yet purchased mine, but anticipate the day soon and one of the things I've been looking at are the costs of the regular wear items I will be dealing with, and if I was able to join a club it'd be even sweeter if I knew I could at least get some kind of discount on parts.

Anyone interested in looking further at this or know of any club that might cater to Evo owners?
Old Jan 10, 2004, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

where are you from? lol
have you searched? lol....

hell HAVE YOU LOOKED AT SOME OF THE SIGS? HAHAHA...

there's evo-ny, and stuff.... lol
Old Jan 10, 2004, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've been looking for somthing like the BMW CCA or PCA for Evo drivers. I'm not interested in show-n-shines and cruises. I'd like a club that organizes tech sessions, driving schools, and track days.

I guess I'll have to start my own...but there aren't too many other Evos up gere in Canada

Emre
Old Jan 10, 2004, 03:43 PM

I agree with Kayaalp. I'm looking for more BMW club type club. Specifically I'm looking for a club with member benefits that gives us discounts on evo parts (be they oem or aftermarket).
As an examply in the NSX club there's a few acura dealers that will give 20-30% off oem parts. Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how much you can save on oem oil filters or brake pads or any of the other add on items some people might buy.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
There is So Cal Evo and Evo-ny...
I'm in Evo-NY which is tri-state evo owners. check out
http://www.evo-ny.com

Dude USE That S E A R C H button! We need to make something so when new members sign up they have to use the search button to activate their account so they know where the damn thing is. No offense to you but what kind of question is that?
Old Jan 10, 2004, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by comquat1
Specifically I'm looking for a club with member benefits that gives us discounts on evo parts (be they oem or aftermarket).
That's pretty tough to swing unless you're a national organization. The BMW CCA started in Boston back in the 1960's. I'm sure dealers didn't start offering their 15% parts discounts until the CCA grew considerably.

Considering how new the Evo is to the US market, it's not surprising that there isn't a national-level club yet. Maybe there is a DSM club that might welcome and offer some benefits to Evo owners I'm sure that not all DSM guys are into just drag racing and cruising. There have to be some track guys out there.

Originally posted by Evo11V
There is So Cal Evo and Evo-ny...No offense to you but what kind of question is that?
Well, I've looked at the Evo-NY website and it really doesn't look like what comquat was looking for. It doesn't look like they organize track events or drivers schools. The NSX club (like the PCA and BMW CCA) has been doing these types of events from the very beginning. Hell, the CCA was holding driving schools at Lime Rock and the Glen back in the 60's!

There are no parts and service discounts as far as I can tell. The only organized club activities mentioned on the website are "meets." I think some of us are looking for something closer in spirit to the CCA.

Emre

Last edited by Kayaalp; Jan 10, 2004 at 03:58 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

I wish there were a bmw type club for evo's. Unfortunately, most evo "clubs" here in the US would most likely be a bunch of 16 year old ricers getting together to watch the bonus features from the Fast and the Furious DVD.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you are right, it might take a few years for the owner base to age a little. But more importantly there just are not enough evos out there yet.
on another note, I belong to an Alfa club, think about it, they have been out of the US for about ten years yet thet have a big league club base. Then again they were here since the late fifties.
So there are/were tons of cars and owners to draw from. Give the evo another five or ten years and you will have the base it needs

meanwhile I will use the alfa track days for evo advantage.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 07:57 PM

Well when I finally get one, maybe I'll see if I can convince a local dealer near me to try and cater to the evo masses. I'm not worried about track events or anything since I have tne nsx club, but I am looking for a source for good pricing on parts. I just would have thought that some of the larger evo dealers would be like, hey everyone out there, if you own an evo we'll give you 20% off of oem parts....
I would think that they would clean up with parts orders from around america. When I owned my 300zx, there was (and still is) a place in texas I think called courtesy nissan who was like the go to place for 300zx parts, they just established a good national presence. Well maybe some dealer will get the idea without some evo owners pushing them for a discount.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 08:03 PM
In Timeout

Cool, I had a NSX for 6 years, just sold it to get this evo. I was talking about starting something like NSXpo and stuff like that, I think it will just take some time.

Originally posted by comquat1
Well when I finally get one, maybe I'll see if I can convince a local dealer near me to try and cater to the evo masses. I'm not worried about track events or anything since I have tne nsx club, but I am looking for a source for good pricing on parts. I just would have thought that some of the larger evo dealers would be like, hey everyone out there, if you own an evo we'll give you 20% off of oem parts....
I would think that they would clean up with parts orders from around america. When I owned my 300zx, there was (and still is) a place in texas I think called courtesy nissan who was like the go to place for 300zx parts, they just established a good national presence. Well maybe some dealer will get the idea without some evo owners pushing them for a discount.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Guys, hang in there, I hear there is something coming down the pipe from Mits. I have been working on this with them for about 3 months now, but you know how large companies are. I explained to them what the other clubs do for their members, and even have them considering hosting a few track days around the east coast. However, there is no reason for them not to do this with someone out west, or in the mid-west as well.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

Checkout www.socalevo.net...

we are around 400 evos and the largest evo club in the country.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

We will be organizing drivng and track events next season. Stay tuned!
Old Jan 11, 2004, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EvoJimbo
We will be organizing drivng and track events next season. Stay tuned!
Keep us posted!

Emre
Old Jan 13, 2004, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

evo-ny rules