Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sea Foam

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sandman121383
again....i wanna know if any pro teams use this stuff. if it works so good why doesn't anyone endorse it?!?! u don't see AMS with a "seafoam" green car with some nice paint job pushing the product. to me this is one of those threads that make me hate forum websites. u can't believe everything u read ....or see for that matter... on a website or a forum. again i'm open to ideas and anything thatd be good for my car. but since buschur or RRE or AMS or anyone else under the sun doesnt wanna push it. i wouldnt use it either if i had 10 50 gallon barrels shipped to my house for free. and thats all i got to say about that lol
Francesco Bernoulli endorses it!!!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 07:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've noticed after running through a whole treated tank of gas that my idle has greatly improved, throttle response is better, and the car is slightly peppier. Cold starts are a bit easier as well, the engine doesn't sound like it's trying to choke itself in the mornings.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good results
Old Jan 3, 2012, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

put this in and it seems like my car just got a new life within 5 minutes.. awesome stuff!!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 236 Likes on 212 Posts
car's definitely running smoother now as I run through it.. Tank still has it in it but I changed the oil now, 0w30 for the winter and will be looking at mpg closely on the next tank - still getting tuned though
Old Jan 3, 2012, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Did the Seafoam today. Definitely smoother. Also found an exhaust leak...
Old Jan 3, 2012, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SWOLN
Did the Seafoam today. Definitely smoother. Also found an exhaust leak...
yeah i found a couple..
Old Jan 4, 2012, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

I threw some in the gas tank of my 240 daily driver. We'll see if I "feel" any difference. It has 77k original miles on it, the first 40k it was driven by an old lady so maybe it will do something.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sea foam really cleaned up my engine last time i did an oil change on my beater, i felt the idle was much smoother
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kyoo
i mean it ddint smoke afterward, i let the car sit for 10-15 minutes before starting her up, was expecting a smoke fest. put 5.x ounces into the brake booster vacuum line, reaaaally slowly.. was it supposed to be a consistent suck in? I just did like tiny bit at a time, suck in air, tiny bit at a time, suck in air, etc...
Did you put it in with the motor cold like the first thing in the morning, or did you do it after you had driven the car. I usually do the intake after I drive home from work in the evening... like as soon as I pull up in the driveway before i shut the engine off while everything is still good and warm. Is that the way you did it? If not that may be another reason why there wasn't much smoke.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tiggeryellow1
Did you put it in with the motor cold like the first thing in the morning, or did you do it after you had driven the car. I usually do the intake after I drive home from work in the evening... like as soon as I pull up in the driveway before i shut the engine off while everything is still good and warm. Is that the way you did it? If not that may be another reason why there wasn't much smoke.
car was driven to autozone to pick up the seafoam.. i'm serious about doing it slowly though - i wasn't sure how fast or how consistent the suck in was supposed to be - it probably took like 5 minutes to get 5 ounces through. if that's not the issue im not sure why, cuz it all got in there.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

car was driven to autozone to pick up the seafoam.. i'm serious about doing it slowly though - i wasn't sure how fast or how consistent the suck in was supposed to be - it probably took like 5 minutes to get 5 ounces through. if that's not the issue im not sure why, cuz it all got in there.
that's your problem. You want to load the head with seafoam and let it sit. If you did it that slow then it just burned off and didn't do anything.

Unhooker the brakebooster vacuum line, put a funnel in the line (go buy a small funnel) and pour it in. The car should have a higher idle because of the vacuum leak, so it will be sucking pretty good through the funnel. It shouldn't take more than 10seconds to put 1/3 or 1/2 the can in there. Basically you put it in as fast as you can without stalling the car. I was able to get mine in fast enough to where when I went to turn the car off, it had just begun to blow a puff of smoke.

then you let it sit for 10-15mins, start her up and let her get to operating temperature then go for a drive. once the car is warmed up properly, go WOT over and over until you see no more smoke
Old Jan 7, 2012, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ILuvJDM
that's your problem. You want to load the head with seafoam and let it sit. If you did it that slow then it just burned off and didn't do anything.

Unhooker the brakebooster vacuum line, put a funnel in the line (go buy a small funnel) and pour it in. The car should have a higher idle because of the vacuum leak, so it will be sucking pretty good through the funnel. It shouldn't take more than 10seconds to put 1/3 or 1/2 the can in there. Basically you put it in as fast as you can without stalling the car. I was able to get mine in fast enough to where when I went to turn the car off, it had just begun to blow a puff of smoke.

then you let it sit for 10-15mins, start her up and let her get to operating temperature then go for a drive. once the car is warmed up properly, go WOT over and over until you see no more smoke
i thought there's a chance of hydrolocking the engine?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

why don't you google it then
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

i thought there's a chance of hydrolocking the engine?
What I did was, pour it in my bov vaccum line (only because my brake booster hose was attached pretty good and I didnt feel like struggling with it at the moment) but I left mine running at operating temp and it started blowing smoke then I let it idle for a little bit then gave it some revs and then once it stopped smoking take it for a WOT drive and get the rest of the smoke out

Quick Reply: Sea Foam