Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sea Foam

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WolfsFang
i just added seafoam to my intake and wow what smoke came out. When i first removed my vacuum line i thought my engine was going to implode by the amount of shaking it was doing, also dident help what i was running lean. I added one cup and i first their was no smoke at all. Was pondering why would a 104k mile car produce no smoke? Well once i reved it that's when the smoke machine started to kick in. Ill see how well it drives when i go to class later today.
Just curious but after you poured that cup down the vac line you didn't shut the car off for 5 minutes to let your motor parts marinate in it? Or are you saying you shut it completely down and later on you are gonna go out and beat on it? I am just taking notes as I am curious what different courses of action yield what results
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have used this stuff in my motor after my buschur catch can collected wated and drained it down into the dipstick return. i had a white residue inside my valve cover and on my dipstick.

i put the seafoam in and let the car idle for 15 min. drained the oil and put new stuff in. before i drained the old oil i looked inside the oil cap and all the white residue was gone. **** works.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

its prob seafoam doing its job
Yep it was just some left overs. Not more smoke yay!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tiggeryellow1
Just curious but after you poured that cup down the vac line you didn't shut the car off for 5 minutes to let your motor parts marinate in it? Or are you saying you shut it completely down and later on you are gonna go out and beat on it? I am just taking notes as I am curious what different courses of action yield what results
once you pour the cup you need to rev and let it idle for 5 mins, or until the smoke stops coming out of the exhaust which is what i did. You can then beat on it or just beat on it later.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

once you pour the cup you need to rev and let it idle for 5 mins, or until the smoke stops coming out of the exhaust which is what i did. You can then beat on it or just beat on it later.

I think what tigger was referring to were the directions on the back of the can. It says that once you pout 1/3 pint into the vacuum line you shut the car off for 5 minutes and the turn it back on. I just did it last night and I remember reading the directions like 10 times before I poured it anywhere lol
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is the best thread i've read all year
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

One more thing, just making sure about the procedure. So it goes... poor slowly into vac line, turn off engine, reattach vac line, wait 5 or so minutes, turn car on, rev it, then drive it?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my 2 cents for what its worth...it may not hurt or harm our cars in any way,BUT if it's so great why doesn't Buschur or AMS or RRE or anyone sell it or use it on their cars? Maybe they do and it'd be interesting to find out if any racing teams who do run full race synthetic lubricants use it after every race or test and tune . just some food for thought. what do u guys think? maybe the guys over at lucas, redline, or amsoil can chime in and give us their thoughts and some feed back on this stuff?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Drag motors usually don't last 80k.....

And Carbon has a hard time sticking to pistons when they are churning at 9K all the time :P
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by b16a2delsol
Drag motors usually don't last 80k.....

And Carbon has a hard time sticking to pistons when they are churning at 9K all the time :P
was going to say the same thing, race engines dont add all this crap our DD evo's and high mileage ones have.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 07:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 188 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoTeyn
One more thing, just making sure about the procedure. So it goes... poor slowly into vac line, turn off engine, reattach vac line, wait 5 or so minutes, turn car on, rev it, then drive it?
No you will want to get it out of the system before you drive it. It will blow smoke out the *** end like spyhunter for 15 mins or so pending on how much you use and how much of the stuff was cleaned out. Once it stops smokeing then you can drive it.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

I'll pick up some afterwork and give it a shot... Thanks for all the good info
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
No you will want to get it out of the system before you drive it. It will blow smoke out the *** end like spyhunter for 15 mins or so pending on how much you use and how much of the stuff was cleaned out. Once it stops smokeing then you can drive it.
This is why it's a good idea to do this at night so it doesn't confuse and scare your neighbors into thinking something is on fire or that your car is about to go critical and take out the whole neighborhood block.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:35 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 188 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramen_Noodle
This is why it's a good idea to do this at night so it doesn't confuse and scare your neighbors into thinking something is on fire or that your car is about to go critical and take out the whole neighborhood block.
I live in the middle of no where so that doesn't bother me. Plus in the summer time it keeps the mosquito's away
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Just smoked out the neighbor hood LOL ....in the tank and crankcase...also

Just cruising around for 15 minutes the idle is alot smoother already ...nice

Quick Reply: Sea Foam