Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

any ideas to strengthen the driveability?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any ideas to strengthen the driveability?

Hey guys, I just bought a 06 EVO 9 MR with 354 whp as my daily drive. Since I am an college student, I don't really care about the hp, just wanna make it smooth and fun to drive. So I am thinking about improving the driveability, after researching, I came up with those stuffs: 1. Shifter base bushings, 2.Under hood shift bushings, 3. Rear diff bushings, 4. Blox front motor mount.

Any ideas can help a newbie?

Thanks,
John
Old Feb 2, 2012, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
blox + kracka vents made my dash rattle, IMO, although you'll hear noone else make that complaint.

COP is sposed to smooth things up....

Last edited by wjamyers; Feb 2, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 05:51 PM

the fastest way is to turn down the boost from your MBC .
Old Feb 2, 2012, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by auto228
the fastest way is to turn down the boost from your MBC .
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chef-j

turn down the boost level, your car can run 10 times smoother .....Lol..
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:48 AM

how can you turn your boost level?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where's the facepalm smiley for this thread? Is the OP serious? Can you please define "driveability"? It's such a vague term and impossible for us to assist you if you don't explain what you're looking for out of your Evo. The Evo VIII is not known for it's quiet, smooth ride. It's a rally-bred street car, with all the rally heritage ingrained into her. Stiff suspension, big turbo, bigger wing, flared fenders, etc. If you're looking for a quieter, smoother, less powerful car I'd suggest a 3 series, A4, etc.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by wjamyers
blox + kracka vents made my dash rattle, IMO, although you'll hear noone else make that complaint.

Yes sir I have got a CF Spoolinup Cop lol
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by RelentlessEVO
Where's the facepalm smiley for this thread? Is the OP serious? Can you please define "driveability"? It's such a vague term and impossible for us to assist you if you don't explain what you're looking for out of your Evo. The Evo VIII is not known for it's quiet, smooth ride. It's a rally-bred street car, with all the rally heritage ingrained into her. Stiff suspension, big turbo, bigger wing, flared fenders, etc. If you're looking for a quieter, smoother, less powerful car I'd suggest a 3 series, A4, etc.
Oh man I think you misunderstood.. I have mentioned my IX has 354 whp and I enjoy it so I am not going to go with big turbo or whatever stuffs that will make it aggressive.

I am a newbie and dont know how to define driveability and what can I do to strengthen it so I mentioned things like bushings and motor mount. All of the people in this thread can understand except you. I will appreciate it if you are willing to help, I am here to ask and learn, not to quarrel.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:17 PM

Thx for you comment, I will think about it before I buy a front motor mount

Originally Posted by wjamyers

Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

If your suspension is stock, i will focus on that first.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by auto228
turn down the boost level, your car can run 10 times smoother .....Lol..
He still wants fun
Old Feb 3, 2012, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zhang695
Oh man I think you misunderstood..
Absolutely correct, I misunderstood because you don't even know basic terminology. I believe, instead of "driveability" you're looking for "drivetrain." These are two VERY different things. Driveability is very subjective and is up to the driver to define.

I have mentioned my IX has 354 whp and I enjoy it so I am not going to go with big turbo or whatever stuffs that will make it aggressive.
I'm not even sure what that sentence means; the poor grammar is throwing me off. Are you trying to say you want to stick with the stock turbo and not make any more power so you don't damage your drivetrain? If so, great for you. I would do some actual searching on this site to learn what the weak points are of the Evo IX drivertrain. The only one I'm aware of is the 6-speed gearbox, as they literally fit six gears into the 5-speed gearbox (i.e. smaller and more fragile gears). You can send your transmission to Shep Transmissions and have him rebuild it for you. That's one way to improve the strength of your drivetrain.

I am a newbie and dont know how to define driveability and what can I do to strengthen it so I mentioned things like bushings and motor mount.
I'm glad you can acknowledge that you're new here and you can't define driveability, thank you for that concession. Again, I'm assuming you mean DRIVETRAIN and not driveability.

All of the people in this thread can understand except you. I will appreciate it if you are willing to help, I am here to ask and learn, not to quarrel.
From the responses in your thread, I believe you are mistaken and there is in fact some confusion as to what you're asking. Hopefully something I have said makes sense to you and will help you with strengthening your drivetrain. Good luck and happy boosting.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

These cars are naturally harsh/sharp cars, you can try and dull their edges but in the end it is what the above poster mentioned a rally bred street car, what specifically is effecting drivability? Late spool? Big cams? Lower ride height? Loud exhaust? You have to be more specific, people on here have heard general questions like "how do I make my Evo faster" a million times, expect to get flamed by someone...
Old Feb 4, 2012, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I would say all the stuff you have listed will help with making feel better also. Look in to a Moustacehe Bar with diff supports that will help as well as and if you want to get crazy you could get Driveshaft bushings

Quick Reply: any ideas to strengthen the driveability?