Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

any rwd evos?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any rwd evos?

just wonering how many rwd evos are out there i have seen an ls2 evo on you tube and thinking that is where i want to go with mine

reason being im am done with the 2.4 i had being it is a standard rod engine i just dont want to part with the body i love the evo body and want to keep the car

any suggestions?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolvd276
just wonering how many rwd evos are out there i have seen an ls2 evo on you tube and thinking that is where i want to go with mine

reason being im am done with the 2.4 i had being it is a standard rod engine i just dont want to part with the body i love the evo body and want to keep the car

any suggestions?
buy another car, the FD rx-7, mazda miata, 240sx, 350z, even fox body mustangs are good for ls1 swaps. there is no point in converting an evo to rear wheel drive because it looses everything that gives it an advantage over most cars (front and rear wheel drive). also if you really do have an evo why dont u take a look under that rear bumper of yours, you'll see a miniature rear end that wont handle much torque or sticky tires. i personally doubt that your evo has a 2.4 liter in it and even then why would u get rid of it just because it was standard rod? you seem to be confused and uneducated about the evo chassis. i suggest you do your research before u waste your money.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Worst post of the year. WTF?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ToddRhodes
Worst post of the year. WTF?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Here ya go

http://www.importtuner.com/features/...t/viewall.html

Good for drifting, crap for everything else.

I saw a rear wheel drive evo 9 (team orange) at the super lap time attack in Sydney, had the engine (4g63) mounted longitudinally, lot of work to make a car handle badly, IMO.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nahhh not in evo. Its pointless putting LS in it, unless you are hardcore N/A lover.
Its a lot easier pick RWD and put ls in it. I will spend money on putting LS in FD or 350z.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TigOLDBiTTies
buy another car, the FD rx-7, mazda miata, 240sx, 350z, even fox body mustangs are good for ls1 swaps. there is no point in converting an evo to rear wheel drive because it looses everything that gives it an advantage over most cars (front and rear wheel drive). also if you really do have an evo why dont u take a look under that rear bumper of yours, you'll see a miniature rear end that wont handle much torque or sticky tires. i personally doubt that your evo has a 2.4 liter in it and even then why would u get rid of it just because it was standard rod? you seem to be confused and uneducated about the evo chassis. i suggest you do your research before u waste your money.
it may be the worst thought ever but im just tired of the engine really and i do have a 2.4 in mine and i just broke a ring or just ruined the side skirt on 4th clylinder after just fixing it from a broke mivec cam so dont talk **** on how i dont have somthing cause im not dissing what you have sir i have also put hundreds of hours into my car from the twin plate i put in to the built trans case and 6-5spd swap and i have turned every bolt on my car

i really just had enough problems out of this 2.4 that i may just go back to a 2.0 im sure my 150 mm rods will work great into a 4g63
Old Sep 9, 2012, 07:23 PM

i can understand that you are "bored" of the motor. Many people on here are diehard enthusiasts and won't understand how you can tire of the evo's perfect motor. I recently just got my evo and i came from having a boosted 240sx. 240's are the ***** of motor swaps because you can put every engine under the sun in them and motor swaps are more common than the original motors. I say you should do whatever you want with your car if you have the money. I think a v8 evo would be sick. maybe like a high revving v8 like a 1uz or something. Maybe try and keep it AWD? or just spend a butt load of cash and make it RWD. Make it a monster truck if you want. It's your car. Just don't expect everyone to agree with you.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by idkmybffjjill
i can understand that you are "bored" of the motor. Many people on here are diehard enthusiasts and won't understand how you can tire of the evo's perfect motor. I recently just got my evo and i came from having a boosted 240sx. 240's are the ***** of motor swaps because you can put every engine under the sun in them and motor swaps are more common than the original motors. I say you should do whatever you want with your car if you have the money. I think a v8 evo would be sick. maybe like a high revving v8 like a 1uz or something. Maybe try and keep it AWD? or just spend a butt load of cash and make it RWD. Make it a monster truck if you want. It's your car. Just don't expect everyone to agree with you.
thanks for the in sight and being understanding its really an idea and i have the tools to do what ever i come up with lol i just dont like tigoldbitties telling me that i dont have a 2.4 nor that i even had an evo too bad ive owned it for 4 years and just paid it off

i may just do a built 2.0 with the rods i have daily it and get a new project you think any one would be intested in trading the 5 spd twinplate and built trans case for all stock parts lol
Old Sep 9, 2012, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anything is possible if you have the money.. But you won't find many RWD Evo's on here; it's a rally car so it defeats the whole purpose.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by idkmybffjjill
Sounds really coo " swap " yes. But idk maybe i'm weird, LS motor doesn't even look it fits right. Btw, if it's LS swap, i think it needs more money to make AWD.

Last edited by Chef-j; Sep 9, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evolvd276

any suggestions?
Can't believe no one posted up the Tokyo Drift Evo yet. It's maybe one of the more famous RWD Evos out there.
http://www.insideline.com/mitsubishi...lution-ix.html
I believe Rhys Millen builds the kits for these.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:46 AM

i cant believe that guy called the 4g63 the perfect motor...
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:54 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Does anyone else ask themselves, daily, why they're still on this forum?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:58 AM

The only RWD Evo I've seen down here is Ryan Garcia's 4G63 RWD EVO X drag car. It's a pretty nice project, no expenses spared there.

Quick Reply: any rwd evos?