Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo x ayc/acd pump motor

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Evo x ayc/acd pump motor

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to provide an issue I had with EVO X AYC/ACD PUMP MOTOR. In the beginning I received the traditional AWC light on dash. After checking I realized one of my Solenoids broke off the AYC/ACD Pump. I then proceeded with finding a replacement solenoid which then came by the issue of the pump not working altogether. After further looking into the issue I then realized the cost for replacement of the pump would be $2000 CAN that is as I live in Toronto Canada. I then realized that the motor on the pump shorted and proceeded with a used replacement. I then installed the pump and soon there after the motor shorted. I proceeded with this action 2x only to provide failure to the motors.

I then had enough of this and was thinking to replace the whole pump itself. I then came accross AYC/ACD Pump Refurbisher kompasmotors@yahoo.com. With my experiences and his knowledge we found out the cause to the motor short was due to the AWC ECU firmware. I then proceeded to Mitsu dealer and asked then to check AWC ECU. They mentioned the firmware was out of date and they proceeded to flash to the latest and greatest.

I then proceeded with purchasing a newly refurbished pump from kompasmotors@yahoo.com. This pump is amazing, upgraded gasgets, seals and anti-corrosion chemical to stop the dreaded rusting. I then proceeded with the install at my local mechanic PROTOTECH (Ask for Mike) and used a trusty SNAPON computer to bleed/execute the pump accordingly. There is definatley no need from dealer to bleed this correctly.

I'm glad to say that I have been operational for 3+ months now and would deal with kompasmotors@yahoo.com again. Very knowledgable/helpful individual and would do this again with him.

If anyone has continual problems please don't hesitate to ask questions as I have filled numerous complaints to Mitsubishi about this with no replies. Simply a very bad design and location to put this but c'est la vie.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Does your vendor fix Evo8/9 pumps or jut the X's? I think acd-tuning is out of stock at the moment for replacement parts.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 269 Likes on 207 Posts
acd-tuning is getting their shipment of parts as we speak..