Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it just me or has Evo prices gone up?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by michaelrc51
LOL, yeah I get what you are saying. I guess there are a lot of those out there. You are making me think that all the money I am spending on my low mileage IX RS is worth it.....LOL
It is lol. I bought mine for 17k a MR Se it was spotless. Kelford 272 cams uicp,licp, etc. car was the most reliable car I had. It had 59k and like I said, now I regret selling it sooooo bad. Wish I would of at least looked at the prices so I could if asked 23k or so haha
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kpt6
Not sure what low mileage is to you, but if we're talking like 30k miles or less, you're looking at around $26k minimum if it's a IX.

People say similar same things about beat up TT Supras.
You said it before me. Supras that aren't well taken care after and have MANY miles still sell for an absurd amount, the evo is no less of a car.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
You said it before me. Supras that aren't well taken care after and have MANY miles still sell for an absurd amount, the evo is no less of a car.
Evos aren't any less of a car but if you buy a Supra and spend $2k you have a bulletproof 400whp car. I have learned a lot about evos since my purchase and they are great cars but they aren't bulletproof! I have $10k of receipts to prove that.....and my car with a 1k mile old BR 2.3 and stage 3 head.

I love my car but kind of wish it was a stock motor car. The low mileage (20,xxx) is great but not having stock motor might hurt in value. Bought the car for $25k and now have over $40k total for a WW IX RS with 20k miles. The car is in great shape but I could never get $30k+ which is the only way I would consider selling.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kpt6
Not sure what low mileage is to you, but if we're talking like 30k miles or less, you're looking at around $26k minimum if it's a IX.

People say similar same things about beat up TT Supras.
Low mileage to me is under 40/50k if I'm paying 25k but what i am finding is 80k+ for 22-24k
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Idk, but I have a 9, with 69k miles. Its pretty much an all around built car, and the prices can keep on rising haha.

I see what you are saying. I get on CL all the time for ****s and gigs and look up evos. I see these 03's with 110k miles with some bolt ons etc, going for 21k??? No thanks haha.

If I were to sell mine, which I think about all the time, I would ask for 26k, which I dont think is outrageous at all, but yea, if the value keeps on going up, I will just keep smiling haha.

Sucks for those looking for one though. Dealers are the worst when looking for these cars, ive seen 03-04 evos with 115k on them, dealers asking 20k????
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tsidrift1
Idk, but I have a 9, with 69k miles. Its pretty much an all around built car, and the prices can keep on rising haha.

I see what you are saying. I get on CL all the time for ****s and gigs and look up evos. I see these 03's with 110k miles with some bolt ons etc, going for 21k??? No thanks haha.

If I were to sell mine, which I think about all the time, I would ask for 26k, which I dont think is outrageous at all, but yea, if the value keeps on going up, I will just keep smiling haha.

Sucks for those looking for one though. Dealers are the worst when looking for these cars, ive seen 03-04 evos with 115k on them, dealers asking 20k????
I have actually better luck looking at dealers they are more reasonable lol but I'm scared of dealer cars because most were modded then people just slap on factory parts and trade them in so you have no idea what your getting.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
The last of the 4g63s are getting the re$pect they always deserved.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been finding the same thing. The prices are crazy for a used one with under 100k miles. I'm not after a built car but a few mods won't bother me, and yet I can't seem to find anything for a decent price. To me any Evo that has over 100k and is ragged on is not worth the $20k price most put on them.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wc351
I've been finding the same thing. The prices are crazy for a used one with under 100k miles. I'm not after a built car but a few mods won't bother me, and yet I can't seem to find anything for a decent price. To me any Evo that has over 100k and is ragged on is not worth the $20k price most put on them.
Fewer mods may drive the price up. You just have to be patient and find a motivated seller
Old Nov 12, 2013, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by michaelrc51
Evos aren't any less of a car but if you buy a Supra and spend $2k you have a bulletproof 400whp car. I have learned a lot about evos since my purchase and they are great cars but they aren't bulletproof! I have $10k of receipts to prove that.....and my car with a 1k mile old BR 2.3 and stage 3 head.

I love my car but kind of wish it was a stock motor car. The low mileage (20,xxx) is great but not having stock motor might hurt in value. Bought the car for $25k and now have over $40k total for a WW IX RS with 20k miles. The car is in great shape but I could never get $30k+ which is the only way I would consider selling.
I totally understand and agree.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its got to be post like these that make the little kids post up their Evos for 25k w/ 100k miles+
Old Nov 12, 2013, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
The IX is gonna hold value very well along with nice examples of an VIII. As far as the rx7. There not that expensive to buy nowadays and the supra value only skyrocketed after F&F movies
While the timing coincided, it wasn't completely a result of being the star car of the movie that made its sale price increase. It helped, but the Supra still would have been similarly popular. It just decreased in value at first as expected, but the market responded, especially when the Supra got more coverage not necessarily as Paul Walker's car but just as a beast since its block was so strong... it was around the same time as when the car was getting even more attention for its aftermarket capabilities when .wmv files were always shared in 2001-2002, like the one of the red Supra on the dyno or the white Supra owned by Marko. They didn't need the movie to know that the engine was insane.

We saw something similar with the Evo. Yes, when it was no longer produced, its value decreased as expected, but the market again responded and drove up the prices, since most people just liked it better not only more than the Evo X but also most other similar cars (STI, R32/Golf R, etc.). That's why in 2008, a dealership offered me $21k, then in 2009, another dealership offered me $23k (despite obviously having more miles), and at my most recent oil change, that same dealership said that they'd probably give me $25k if I felt like selling it (again despite having more miles). Bone stock Evo IX SE.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

The reason the CT9A prices are going up is because there is nothing in this price point out there to replace it.
Give me a good example of a car that handles as well, has a responsive turbo engine, AWD and a close relative of a homologation special.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by njboy
The reason the CT9A prices are going up is because there is nothing in this price point out there to replace it.
Give me a good example of a car that handles as well, has a responsive turbo engine, AWD and a close relative of a homologation special.
Evo X lol
Old Nov 12, 2013, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by njboy
As I've said, the CT9A chassis and 4g63 engine have been proven and VERY competitive they are both legends in there own right.

Quick Reply: Is it just me or has Evo prices gone up?