Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

6,518 mile '03 VIII at local dealer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While this car isn't 100% stock, it could easily be made stock with minimal money and labor.

That said, the supply of; for sale, stock-ish, ultra low mileage, Evo VIII's in the entire country is exactly one. So yeah, we're asking WAY over a normal price for it.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:14 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
i'd drive the hell out of it for another 120,000 miles.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

I wasn't saying that you won't get what you are asking for it, you probably will. I was more suggesting you guys should have returned it to stock before asking that much money for it was all. You can still make things right lol. Put the stock exhaust back on the car and undo whatever was done. Flash it with a stock rom and you'll sell that thing in a week.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

That is all!!!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jrainwater
I wasn't saying that you won't get what you are asking for it, you probably will. I was more suggesting you guys should have returned it to stock before asking that much money for it was all. You can still make things right lol. Put the stock exhaust back on the car and undo whatever was done. Flash it with a stock rom and you'll sell that thing in a week.
That's not to say that we wouldn't/couldn't. But if someone wanted it just the way it is, we might as well save ourselves the money (as little as it may be).
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

I've been waiting for you to chime in on this thread gsrboi!!! Lol, its about time. I was hoping for more then "lol" though to be honest. The riot act would have been better gsr
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought an EB evo 9 SSLwith 22k miles that was clean af for $26, 000 in NY. I couldn't see anyone paying much more than that if any on that AS Evo 8, even with that mileage.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Also, given that it is a 2003 VIII and has had the ecu molested at some point I would be very interested in knowing whether or not periphery2 FCA bits 4 and 5 are zero'd out at this point I guess it doesn't technically matter but that would tell me a lot about the previous owner and also the dealership it is currently at right now. But in all fairness you can get a REALLY NICE used IX for $25k, so.......
Old Jun 10, 2014, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
who ever pays 27k for this 03 is an idiot
Old Jun 10, 2014, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

If it was stock and the person had more money then sense I can see it going for that much believe it or not. The only issue the seller has is now there's a thread saying its not stock. That's really going to hurt the final selling price. I'm trying to tell you if you're going to ask astronomical numbers for a car just because its low mileage (its not exactly rare unfortunately) and its only attribute is that it IS low mileage that it should at least be stock because the kind of person that is going to spend that much money on that kind of car is NOT going to do it if its been molested. But what do I know. Seller, you have to let us know when you sell it and let us know the final selling price if you don't mind. Thanks!! And glws.

Last edited by jrainwater; Jun 10, 2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 03:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by itsmrrizz2you
who ever pays 27k for this 03 is an idiot
What would you pay?
Old Jun 10, 2014, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Sheasta
I bought an EB evo 9 SSLwith 22k miles that was clean af for $26, 000 in NY. I couldn't see anyone paying much more than that if any on that AS Evo 8, even with that mileage.
Unfortunately your car wasn't near the condition of this one, and it was heavily modded and returned to stockish.

This is a clean looking car no doubt. Might as well sit on it! Someone who wants a mint ct9a Evo will eventually step up.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by jrainwater
If it was stock and the person had more money then sense I can see it going for that much believe it or not. The only issue the seller has is now there's a thread saying its not stock. That's really going to hurt the final selling price. I'm trying to tell you if you're going to ask astronomical numbers for a car just because its low mileage (its not exactly rare unfortunately) and its only attribute is that it IS low mileage that it should at least be stock because the kind of person that is going to spend that much money on that kind of car is NOT going to do it if its been molested. But what do I know. Seller, you have to let us know when you sell it and let us know the final selling price if you don't mind. Thanks!! And glws.
Fortunately for the seller (dealer) it is on autotrader, and not everyone who's looking to buy an Evo is on here in the first place. And what's it matter that it's got a few mods anyway? I'm sure the thing smells brand new inside. I don't think the mods will hurt price at all. I doubt a collector will buy this car; someone who wants a minty fresh ct9a Evo will.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Like I said before, what do I know....
Old Jun 10, 2014, 08:17 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
IMO, only a collector would pay such a high price for an VIII. a collector isn't going to want it modified. in fact.. any collector i know wouldn't want an Evo in the first place. the only people that get excited over a low-mileage Evo are Evo enthusiasts. as such, no enthusiast is going to pay that much for an VIII. nobody buys these things to collect/store/look at. it's not like we're going to see one on Barrett Jackson or anything.
if i had $10k to put down, it would be on something else, i can promise you that.

Quick Reply: 6,518 mile '03 VIII at local dealer