Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How to identify if a headlight is rhd or lhd without plugging in?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to identify if a headlight is rhd or lhd without plugging in?

Hey guys,

Looking to buy some angel lights for my Evo 5 but need to be sure they're rhd before I buy them.
The lights are out of the sellers Evo 6 (they will fit right?) so just wondering if there's any marking on the headlight that indicate whether they're rhd or lhd lights.

Cheers!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
good question.

the 5 and 6 headlights interchange. I would think all those aftermarket lights were made for RHD?

I have evo 1 RHD in the states which is LHD country. I dont have any problem with light output with my headlights even though they are technically setup up for driving on the other side of road.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
good question.

the 5 and 6 headlights interchange. I would think all those aftermarket lights were made for RHD?

I have evo 1 RHD in the states which is LHD country. I dont have any problem with light output with my headlights even though they are technically setup up for driving on the other side of road.
I think the biggest difference would be the vertical alignment which typically can be adjusted, never looked on mine so I'm not certain where thats at, but youd want to drop the headlight on the incoming traffic side in my logic. I believe european heads also as a whole point higher to illuminate overhead signage moreso than us code.