Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

400HP goal with E85, what other parts am i missing??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by egis
Op you need coupler 2" on J pipe and 2.5" on lip.

The guy that sold it to me said I need a 1.75 to 2.5" for stock turbo. ETS has the one I just mentioned and the one you mentioned. So which one is it? LOL

Originally Posted by CT9A PR
You can run cosworth m2 with out springs safely up to 7500

Great cams people on here dont use them much but great cams

Good to know! I've seen a post here somewhere that stock cams are good up to 400WHP. But I heard good reviews on cosworth and I got mine very cheap so I cant complain.

I also just ordered FP ported turbo cover for my stock turbo since im gonna be installing 02 housing, ets LICP, new exhaust manifold studs, new gaskets so might aswell at the same time upgrade to new turbo cover, should sound awesome according to many posts.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

ok few days ago i received my new ported fp cover and omni 4 bar map sensor.
already ordered t bolt clamps, new manifold studs and nuts, new couplers for ets licp and fp cover.
i think all thats left if grimmspeed 3 port boost controller and new gaskets.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gm w/pigtail is a better option haha
Old Aug 27, 2014, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jrainwater
Gm w/pigtail is a better option haha

not sure what you talking about
Old Sep 1, 2014, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

im getting tuned next week, does anybody know if its safe to install the injectors now and stay untuned this week?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_EVO_MR
im getting tuned next week, does anybody know if its safe to install the injectors now and stay untuned this week?
I did exactly the same.car ran like crap but it ran. Some ppl here will tell you not to do that.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

I did exactly the same.car ran like crap but it ran. Some ppl here will tell you not to do that.
just called the tuner and he said its fine to do it but gotta stay out of boost. I cant get it towed so i have to drive it there. I wonder if i can change it on the parking lot before the tune really quick, it doesnt look like its gonna be a problem to change them.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Black_EVO_MR
just called the tuner and he said its fine to do it but gotta stay out of boost. I cant get it towed so i have to drive it there. I wonder if i can change it on the parking lot before the tune really quick, it doesnt look like its gonna be a problem to change them.
sure,you can do it any time.about 30 min work.either way you will save $100.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always like to tune with a 3 port, might want to look at that.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by counterforce661
I always like to tune with a 3 port, might want to look at that.
i got 4 port because i got a good deal. Well i bought a grimmspeed boost controller and it hasnt come in yet, starting to worry because if it doesnt come in on time ill have to reschedule my appt and thats gonna make everything very invonvinient for me.
All i got left to install is walbro 255 which ill do tonight if all goes well, 4 port map boost controller and injectors day of install.

mod list update:
ETS 3" intercooler
Megan manifold.
Injen UICP, Intake
ETS V2 LICP
Synapse Diverter/bov
Buschur 3" Downpipe
Works Test Pipe
Greddy TI-C 3" catback.
Aluminum Radiator.
Walbro255 modded(to be installed)
Cosworth 272 M2
RC 1200cc Injectors (will install before tune)
DME o2 housing
Stock Evo9 turbo with FP ported cover.
Stock wastegate.
T-bolt clamps (need to buy more)

Last edited by Black_EVO_MR; Sep 3, 2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

I was told to replace stock wga with aftermarket one with stiffer spring before the tune.bought kinugawa with 25psi spring.talk to your tuner about that as well.or maybe you can crank the stock one.not sure.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

I was told to replace stock wga with aftermarket one with stiffer spring before the tune.bought kinugawa with 25psi spring.talk to your tuner about that as well.or maybe you can crank the stock one.not sure.

ok just called the tuner and he said that since im on the stock turbo its not really necessary since he believes we are not going to push that much psi with stock turbo. So im leaving the stock one on to see what happens since i dont have time to order a new one and get it on time since im getting tuned this coming up tuesday. I have to make a separate trip to get tuned on e85 so just incase i do need to replace the wastegate i will do it then when i bring it back.

also i told him that i got 4 port omni map with grimmspeed 3 port to tune and he said no problem.

Also for those of you who are thinking about getting FP cover for stock turbo, it sounds pretty nice but not worth all the trouble unless the turbo is out of the car. LOL
Only reason i changed it because i wanted to pull the turbo out to change the exhaust manifold studs, gaskets and o2 housing so i did the FP cover too.
If i had to go through all the trouble that i went through just for the cover alone i would hate myself. LOL
So just saying and like the other people on here are saying, dont do it unless you have the turbo already out, then its fine.
o2 housing gave me some troubles too, there would be no way for me to undo some of the bolts without the turbo being out, i used a ton of PB blaster and still had troubles. The oxygen sensor would not come out for nothing, we ended up cutting the stock o2 housing to get the sensor out. Main part of my troubles is because my car came from up north and has some rust. rust just kills everything

Last edited by Black_EVO_MR; Sep 3, 2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

ok i got my car dyno tuned yesterday.
Everything worked out pretty good, had few small issues but got it all worked out. The car did 350whp and 317tq at 22psi on pump 93. I will be bringing it back for e85 but they recommend swapping walbro 255 for a better pump, im guessing a double pumper.
im very happy with the results and now i do think that making 400whp mark shouldnt be an issue.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On a stock turbo a modded walbro 255 should be more than enough even on e85. that should be good to around 470whp on e85.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Shouldn't need a double pumper. A 255 should be able to do it. An Aeromotive 340LPH Pump would be a good replacement if your looking to replace a tired pump.

Quick Reply: 400HP goal with E85, what other parts am i missing??