Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My 06 is getting built!

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That drive sucks. I went more East to West on my trip so your more northern trip might be better. I drove from Ohio to Denver 2 years ago for a conference. Never again!

How long will the build take?
Old May 6, 2015, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
That drive sucks. I went more East to West on my trip so your more northern trip might be better. I drove from Ohio to Denver 2 years ago for a conference. Never again!

How long will the build take?
It was not to bad of a drive. Listened to my first audio book and don't even remember Nebraska lol! I enjoy being in the car and just driving. Very quite and calming.

They are saying 7-9 weeks. Once it gets broke down and such the timing could change but, they ask for 7-9 weeks.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:29 AM

No knock on your choice but was Jacks transmission in the mix in Co Springs.they had some decent prices and knowledge on engine builds not only transmissions.im thinking about going with Jacks or Boostin.Boostin is closer and pretty much straight shot for me 7 hour straight north from TN 1 main highway up.Choices!!!
Old May 7, 2015, 12:26 PM

That's a perfect Evo to do a build on Good luck man I'll be keeping up with your progress!!!
Old May 7, 2015, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by WilliSSoiLL
No knock on your choice but was Jacks transmission in the mix in Co Springs.they had some decent prices and knowledge on engine builds not only transmissions.im thinking about going with Jacks or Boostin.Boostin is closer and pretty much straight shot for me 7 hour straight north from TN 1 main highway up.Choices!!!
I actually am 20 mins from Jacks. I reached out and have a crazy string of emails asking questions and trying to get them to give me more information. I was then given 1 line emails that did not address any of my questions or concerns and actually the emails would come back 3 to 4 days later. I could not tell if they just didn't care, was to busy, or thought I was just another dreamer. I was really frustrated after trying to contact them for over a month about this build and getting no where. I was going to call them but, they advise you to email them due to them being busy and might "forget our conversation"

No knock on their proven work at all and I bet they are nice guys but, when your about to spend more money then you ever have on a car and its your first time building a motor it would be nice to be addressed and talked to a bit better. At least answer a question without making me feel like a complete dumbass.

Ok off my soap box.
Old May 7, 2015, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by boost juice evo
That's a perfect Evo to do a build on Good luck man I'll be keeping up with your progress!!!
Thanks bud! I will keep this post updated as it goes along
Old May 8, 2015, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by dsmchiz
I actually am 20 mins from Jacks. I reached out and have a crazy string of emails asking questions and trying to get them to give me more information. I was then given 1 line emails that did not address any of my questions or concerns and actually the emails would come back 3 to 4 days later. I could not tell if they just didn't care, was to busy, or thought I was just another dreamer. I was really frustrated after trying to contact them for over a month about this build and getting no where. I was going to call them but, they advise you to email them due to them being busy and might "forget our conversation"

No knock on their proven work at all and I bet they are nice guys but, when your about to spend more money then you ever have on a car and its your first time building a motor it would be nice to be addressed and talked to a bit better. At least answer a question without making me feel like a complete dumbass.

Ok off my soap box.
Good luck with everything I hope everything goes well.I hear you on shops not taking people seriously . congrats on the build I hear nothing but good from them
Old May 8, 2015, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsmchiz

Also not touching the transfer case for now. I will probably do it next season.
One of the more expensive myths about transfercases. If you aren't planning on launching/driving hard the stock xfer case will be fine.
Old May 8, 2015, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by WilliSSoiLL
Good luck with everything I hope everything goes well.I hear you on shops not taking people seriously . congrats on the build I hear nothing but good from them
Thanks bud! Yea I have only heard great things and so far Boostin has lived up to the hype
Old May 8, 2015, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
One of the more expensive myths about transfercases. If you aren't planning on launching/driving hard the stock xfer case will be fine.
Agreed. I plan on getting into track events but, not this season and if its hard driving it will be while rolling into the throttle for now.
Old May 9, 2015, 11:10 AM

nice GL
Old May 12, 2015, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey, wanted to say thanks for including our HLA in your build! Best of luck with everything, and feel free to give us a call if you get stuck or need some advice.
Old May 12, 2015, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by kiggly
Hey, wanted to say thanks for including our HLA in your build! Best of luck with everything, and feel free to give us a call if you get stuck or need some advice.
No problem at all! After all of the reading and studying I have been doing about best setups for the money I only read great things about the HLA so thank you for making such a great product

I cant wait to get the car back!
Old May 31, 2015, 09:38 AM

Quick Update:
I have been a serious pain I think emailing Boostin all of the time. I guess even though I handle clients all day I am now "that" client. Always asking questions and adding stuff! I have apologized a ton for being a pest but, its sure hard keeping your cool when your so freaking excited.

Anyway I have decided to go ahead and do the turbo.
I am going to go with the Dbb Red and have boostin still port it. Added the tial mvs wastegate, dump tube and oil line. Also added the 3.5" ets kit with the stock upper pipe location and will be going with a tial bov. Switched from the fic 1120 to the id 1300s with the plug and play clips.

Also going to have them paint the valve cover white

No idea what kind of power it will make. I am going to make sure they know I am not trying to break any records so not to push it to the brink. That way I can have fun with it for years to come.

Anyway that the update.
Chad

Last edited by dsmchiz; May 31, 2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old May 31, 2015, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm there with you bro! I'm sure I was a pain when they had my car too! I would suggest just doing a double pumper and bigger injectors so you can maximize your build. Those 1300cc injectors and 450 Wally will be maxed out before your turbo does. I kinda wish I did the same! It'll only be like another $500

Quick Reply: My 06 is getting built!