Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car won't start, TPS won't switch maps

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car won't start, TPS won't switch maps

EDIT: double post, sorry. Been a long week. See my other thread. Mods please close!

I've been working on tuning my IX lately (on 93). Took it out last night for a run, logged it max of 2 knock counts so nothing terribly out of the ordinary. Drove home just fine.

Went to pull it out of the garage today and it won't start. Cranks but won't start up. I had a new tune on my laptop that I was hoping to run tonight so I just reflashed, no issues there ecuflash worked just fine.

I turn the key to ignition, hold the go pedal down to change maps (I make my changes to the alt map currently) and nothing. Won't change maps by ththe TPS which was previously working just fine.

Any suggestions where to start? Could this be one of the engine fuses that would have these symptoms? The TPS? I'll add in here that all I changed from my previous tune was mid to high AFR's and timing.

Last edited by Wmu240; Sep 6, 2015 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Double post!