Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Innovate wbo2 and gauge help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Innovate wbo2 and gauge help

I recently got around to installing a used innovate LC1 controller with a xd16 wideband gauge I've had for a bit. Im having an issue where it's reading --_-- instead of numbers , which the manual said is because it isn't getting a proper signal from the LC1. I have everything wired correctly, and the 3.5mm cable from the LC1 out is going to the 3.5mm cable for the xd16 gauge in. I also tried reversing out and in to see if that worked... Still not working. I have the power for them tapped into the odometer display or whatever people normally use for gauges. I'm not using the optional wires because I only need it for the gauge , not logging.

Please help

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/XD16_Manual.pdf

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LC-1_Manual.pdf
Old Dec 10, 2015, 08:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
I read through the guides and according to them you have it installed correctly. Have you tried contacting Innovate? They can probably troubleshoot it with you.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by terror rising
I read through the guides and according to them you have it installed correctly. Have you tried contacting Innovate? They can probably troubleshoot it with you.
Haven't yet... There's more to the story I didn't want to get too deep in. Short version. It was partially installed by shop before I had the car moved. So I'm going to remove the passenger seat and trace the wiring to the sensor because all I did was wire the lc1 and the gauge. The bung, wires ran, and sensor installed by the shop.. But It doesn't look like there's any wiring involved beforehand so all that could go wrong is them not plugging in the sensor connector to the LC1...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

I found the issue , which I didn't even see in the manual... The terminator plug needs to be in the in side of the lc1. It was in the out side of the xd16 gauge... It came that way when I bought it.

It is now reading 20.9 and o2 over and over which the manual says is the reading for free air... Which I'm guessing it's saying there's an exhaust leak... There is no exhaust leak. I had a smoke test done after the Bung was welded on and sensor threaded in...Anyone know what to do ?

I'll try a free air calibration tomorrow and see if that works ... Muhalo

Last edited by Sheasta; Dec 12, 2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sheasta
I found the issue , which I didn't even see in the manual... The terminator plug needs to be in the in side of the lc1. It was in the out side of the xd16 gauge... It came that way when I bought it.

It is now reading 20.9 and o2 over and over which the manual says is the reading for free air... Which I'm guessing it's saying there's an exhaust leak... There is no exhaust leak. I had a smoke test done after the Bung was welded on and sensor threaded in...Anyone know what to do ?

I'll try a free air calibration tomorrow and see if that works ... Muhalo

Free air calibration worked. Unthread o2 sensor from Bung, let it dangle out , set xd16 gauge to cal mode with accessory on, thread o2 sensor back in and start the car.