Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

my plastidip experiment continues

Old Feb 14, 2016, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
my plastidip experiment continues

ok so I've done the front bumper in clear and the outside rear mirrors in clear, this gave the car a matt look, it looked a bit red neck for me but did the job to stop most stone chips, i hit it with about 9 coats. So I thought to see what it looked like I bought a can of yuck off tyre and vinyl shine and sprayed a couple of coats to give a slight shine, this actually worked real well and last for a while until you wash the car. I think it also gives a slippery surface and repells insects, stops them sticking into the plastidip, for this reason I havnt gone the glossifier.

I attached a pic but when i uploaded it from my device it appeared like someone else's car, I try again. No it didnt work drats, ok this time it worked, seems like it doesnt like JPEG and I had to change it to a Gif file, anyway its not a great pic but you can see the gloss edge on the rear mirror. The back of the mirror has about 6 coats of plastidip clear on it and a couple of coats of yuck off on it, you can just spray it with water and it comes clean again after each drive. The gloss look stays for a few weeks like it would on your tyres.

Last edited by Jonno99; Feb 14, 2016 at 04:05 PM.