Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

NEW MEMBER NEW EVO 9 OWNER :) :cool:

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool NEW MEMBER NEW EVO 9 OWNER :) :cool:

Hey All

This has been a dream come true for me. I am so excited to join this forum and talk and communicate with other Evo owners.

First of all, MODs if this thread is in the wrong section please forgive me and you can move it to its appropriate location.

A little background history about me..

What can i say.. it is a dream come true. I have been wanting this car since i was 15 and fell in love with it even more after playing Gran Turismo, Need for Speed, watching F&F Tokyo drift.. I came across and checked out so many Evos that went past me and watched other richer and more financially stable people buy the evos before i even looked at them or got a chance to see them. There were some that i looked at that the ******* dealerships wouldnt let me sit in or see because they thought i was just a teenager wanting to mess **** up. My parents promised me they'd buy it for me after high school in 2008 and was led down. Then they switched and were like finish college and we will help you get that... so i finished college in 2014 and still no evo for me and was let down. Along the way through college, i was saving up money and working part time. My first car was 2003 acura tl type s. Fast and nice, but still no evo lol

I went through alot of evos as i was looking specifically for evo 9 mr edition. I wanted the 6 speed because of they highways here in chicago. Let me mention the important part here lol me wanting an evo and not knowing a clue on how to drive stick. I was always put down and made fun of by friends because they thought i was all "talk" and i would never buy one. So my last year of college i was like screw this im saving up and buy this thing for my own. Dont need my parents or anyone else. In 2014 i began looking really hard and i went and checked them out with my brother. Him too, not knowing how to drive stick properly lol. But he was a mechanic so he knew his **** but we just never experience driving manual as all of our friends drove auto. Saw some good evo 9 mrs some were clean but the dealerships wanted the world for them with low miles (around 30k after taxes). Some were tuned and modded and i was like no i want a bone stock or one close to it. I knew it would be hard and i was going to pay alot of $$ for it..but still i waited..

Then i faced another issue where the banks couldnt approve me on any loans and my dad is retired so i couldnt use him as a cosign. If i went through any third party or smaller banks, i was getting crazy interest rate and very high monthly payment. I was thinking **** this car maybe out of my reach and i should go with the X but i just couldnt stand the back of it compared to the 9. My heart was set on the 9. In summer 2015 i began looking. I used this forum alot throughout my journey such as what to look for when looking at used evo 9, the matching vins, the tires (if cheap ones, most likely it has been beat on), the mods, and everything. I began to be very picky. I also read on here somewhere where people bought evos with no stick experience and managed to be okay because it is an easy car to learn on. I continued checking in summer 2015 and this time i had the money and trade and everything. But no luck finding 9 MR close to stock as possible and low mileage. I was looking for anything under 50K preferably one owner and max i was paying would've been 26k. One day after gym i saw on cars.com a newly listen black mr with 27k miles for 27k but this time i was like finally omg! BUt one problem it was in Minnesota and i am in Chicago. Something inside me told me to call the dealership to see if it was still there. I called the guy was really nice and said we just got it in. It is bone stock. One owner and the guy just collected cars. He sent me pics and told me they were putting new tires and brakes and told me if im interested, quickly apply for a loan so he can process things. I was still thinking yeah but it is in MN.. So i did the loan and quickly got approved at 5% apr and i was like whatever i can live with that and $300 monthly payments. I went with my guts and drove to MN with my dad and brother and wow was i in love lol. The guy was right and wasnt lying about anything. The car was clean inside and out except for some rock chips and the front grill being white from the snow. I can always paint that. The engine was fine. Stock everything. Even the radio lol. The guy was 60 years old and right then i was like im sold im signing the papers.

I was so happy even though i pain close to 28k for this but it was everything that i wanted and all the features. I even got blessed with the SE package that has the red stitching which i love. The journey back home so "fun" a couple of nice stalling and holding up traffic and panicking as **** as i just invested so much money into a car i didnt know how to drive lol. SO sad that the salesman test drove it for us lol but we didnt notice any mechanical and checked the car underneath. I felt safe as i bought this from a Mitsubishi dealership that went the extra way and inspected 360 for everything. So it felt like i was buying a pre-certified mitsu. The dealer changed the fluids, timing belt, tires and brakes and did all the recalls and gave me all paperwork. The guy was really nice and helpful.

I know this is long but im just excited and sharing my journey.

So here is my beautiful evo 9 mr se

Bone Stock
OEM Everything (original clutch still, haven't broke it...yet lol)

MODS:
I dont know where to start as i need to get some cash first but i am starting with tints first and i already installed aftermarket radio

Next MODS:

Exhaust, tune, intake and wanting to push 360HP but just hoping im okay with the 6 speed as i heard they brake easily when you begin to mod the car.

So that is my story

Hope you guys get a chance to read this and looking forward to chatting with you guys soon. Im a proud evo owner now and the car is amazing and learning stick on this was a piece a cake. It toke me 3 weeks and i was out in traffic and everything

Last edited by Blackgloves89; Mar 4, 2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome and many congrats with your journey! That is one 'heck of an introduction! Only thing missing are PHOTOS! I'm glad things worked out for you and that you got what you really wanted instead of settling! I also have a IX-MR, that I bought new, and (still) with a 6-speed! I will never switch to a 5-speed. I do track days, car shows, and all that. She was daily driven for most of the time. My car currently has 108K miles, and I still love every minute of it! It is very modded, and with those amount of miles, she still treats me great!

I sincerely wish you the best, ad I hope you will take care of that car, because if you do, she'll take care of you and reward you with many smiles for many years! You need anything, just ask! Congratulations!
The following users liked this post:
Blackgloves89 (Mar 4, 2016)
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:24 AM

Here is a picture of her I will upload more

Last edited by Blackgloves89; Mar 10, 2016 at 04:30 PM. Reason: New pictures guys!
NJ9MR (Mar 4, 2016)
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by NJ9MR
Welcome and many congrats with your journey! That is one 'heck of an introduction! Only thing missing are PHOTOS! I'm glad things worked out for you and that you got what you really wanted instead of settling! I also have a IX-MR, that I bought new, and (still) with a 6-speed! I will never switch to a 5-speed. I do track days, car shows, and all that. She was daily driven for most of the time. My car currently has 108K miles, and I still love every minute of it! It is very modded, and with those amount of miles, she still treats me great!

I sincerely wish you the best, ad I hope you will take care of that car, because if you do, she'll take care of you and reward you with many smiles for many years! Congratulations!
Thank you so much and i appreciate the comment. It has been a long journey but so rewarding at the end. I guess what they say is right, patience is a virtue. I'm glad to hear another 9 MR owner and used to read posts about people here hating on the MR because of the badges minor features but i love the 6 speed, rims, badges, alumium roof and hood, and just overall look. Like you, i am not planning on switching the trans and just doing minor mods for now. I have always taken care of my cars. Even the 03 Acura and used nothing but premium gas and premium oil in it. Just did my first oil change in this evo and costed me as much as the Acura did. I can deal with 200-215 miles to the tank because it has a small fuel tank but still avg 18mpg. I posted one picture and will upload more. Im at work so i cant now lol. But i am keeping this for a long time and is def a daily driver for now. But 108 is still low for first original owner. I'll post more pictures this weekend.
NJ9MR (Mar 4, 2016)
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats. Treat her right and enjoy!
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Coppi5151
Congrats. Treat her right and enjoy!
Thanks. She is in great hands no worries. I don't even bother doing crazy **** like beating on it and launching it as im still fairly new to the car and the manual transmission world. Best compliments so far have came from a guy at my gym that drives a 14' STI and always parks next to me lol and an asian dude that pulled up in a GTR! I was shocked at that one lol. He told me "nice car" before i even told him nice R35. And btw, some people that claim to "know" evos continue to ask what year is my car and when i tell them they say is that evo 9 or 8? Like common really? lol
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:34 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful car man and patience is key , i did the same thing took me a few months tho to find my 06 9 MR with only 23k on it , got it for 20g such a steal but i know the amazing feeling especially how you said when you were driving it home what a rush , but good luck welcome to the family
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:51 AM

Congratzzzzzzzz

While I was reading your story I was getting your emotions lol. I knw how it feels to get a dream car because the Evo is my dream car. It feels good to fight, save up, and really try to make it even when other people don't believe in you with a dream that only you, God and couple of guys could understand. I'm very proud to say "YOU DID IT" LOL . I have a Evo 8 Mr and their is not a day that goes by that I don't wait to drive it lol. Enjoy the crap out of it.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rossi_24
Congrats on a beautiful car man and patience is key , i did the same thing took me a few months tho to find my 06 9 MR with only 23k on it , got it for 20g such a steal but i know the amazing feeling especially how you said when you were driving it home what a rush , but good luck welcome to the family
Thank you bro and appreciate the love. Wow, you got a steal on yours! Was it modded or anything? One onwer? The rush was amazing, when we got on the ramp, I sounded just like paul walker when he said in 2 fast 2 furious, "let's see what this thing can do" lol boom hit 80mph and my poor dad was almost 10 car lengths behind lol. Amazing drive home. Amazing car!

Last edited by Blackgloves89; Mar 4, 2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by machoymaru
While I was reading your story I was getting your emotions lol. I knw how it feels to get a dream car because the Evo is my dream car. It feels good to fight, save up, and really try to make it even when other people don't believe in you with a dream that only you, God and couple of guys could understand. I'm very proud to say "YOU DID IT" LOL . I have a Evo 8 Mr and their is not a day that goes by that I don't wait to drive it lol. Enjoy the crap out of it.
LOL. Thanks man. I re-read it and I guess i sound like a little kid during Christmas season lol. I apologize as i saw grammar errors and my spelling was a little off, but hey i was just so excited typing my story and posting here lol. Yes those people who doubted me began to hate on me as i proved them wrong. I can't lie and say God did not help me because he did lol. He knew how much i prayed and even one point, cried about it. Like you said, for some people, it is our dream car. Don't care for no ferrari or lambos lol. I guess you can say the next dream car would be the R35 but that's way down my life right now lol. I am planning on keeping this for a long long time. I know the value will never go down. But I gotta admit, the New EvoX Final Edition is beautiful! But whoever buys that needs to swap those seats with JDM Red Stitched Recaros! lol
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-dummies.html
Old Mar 4, 2016, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
awesome man congrats...enjoy that thing it is beautiful...enjoy it...
Old Mar 4, 2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tekniq
Originally Posted by nor11384
awesome man congrats...enjoy that thing it is beautiful...enjoy it...
Thank you guys so much. Teknig, appreciate the link. I will have more pictures up this weekend.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Blackgloves89
Thank you bro and appreciate the love. Wow, you got a steal on yours! Was it modded or anything? One onwer? The rush was amazing, when we got on the ramp, I sounded just like paul walker when he said in 2 fast 2 furious, "let's see what this thing can do" lol boom hit 80mph and my poor dad was almost 10 car lengths behind lol. Amazing
drive home. Amazing car!
Yea the car was one owner and had about 8 services done on it for oil changes and 2 recalls , he did Greddy Ti full exhaust with aftermarket o2 and a Wally 255 pump , also a Muse short route UIC and ETS intercooler and a hallman MBC , nothing wrong with the car clean car fax just some very small minor hail damage that's hardly noticeable . I'm dying up here in Pa because I can't wait to get it back out again . It's amazing how a 3rd gear pull will bring you to 80 in no time these cars are amazing , took me about 10 years to finally get one at 28 years old , enjoy it , love it , respect it
Old Mar 4, 2016, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
You are like the Rocky of Evo's lol congrats, you payed alot but you got a car that will last along time now. Don't paint the stone chips yourself unless you know what you are doing, I've seen some terrible patch up jobs on stone chips, I've got 3m vinyl wrap on my front that's years old when I bought it, so I am to scared to get it removed lol also ask questions and do lots of reading before you spend lots on modding, there's lots of mod regrets out there, learn about ecuflash if you like to DIY too, good luck bro

Quick Reply: NEW MEMBER NEW EVO 9 OWNER :) :cool: