Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RIP Evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIP Evo (Admin Close this please, repost)

Bought this car from a member on here not too long ago after searching for 2 years. It was a mostly stock Blue by you with 55k miles in awesome condition. Couple days ago, some dumb lady decided she didn't want to yield and wrecked my car as I was going through a green light.

This was my first accident and first time dealing with insurance, so I had some questions. My car books for 13k; however, I couldn't find one in similar condition as mine for under $18000 anywhere also given the rare color. Anyone know what I'm to expect? Any advice would be helpful. If it helps any, I'm insured with State Farm and the dumb ***** didn't have insurance.

All I want is an exact replacement of what was lost and $13k won't cut it. That'd get me a 135k mile evo in fair condition.

Last edited by MitsuRishi; Apr 1, 2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Close thread
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
They're supposed to look at how much similar cars sell for in a certain radius of your insured address. I think it's 75 miles, but it's been a while and it could vary depending on insurance companies and what state you're in. The fact that you bought it not to long ago should help also if you have some way of showing them how much you paid for it.
If they give you crap get a lawyer. A lot of ambulance chaser lawyers will do the car part for free in hopes of return business. I know people typically hate lawyers, but insurance companies are worse...
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for your loss. Hold up, a lady was driving that truck? Also, public works vehicle do not need insurance in Taxes?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by soeuroithurts
Sorry for your loss. Hold up, a lady was driving that truck? Also, public works vehicle do not need insurance in Taxes?
I was driving northbound and had a solid green light, camry was southbound making a left. Driver decided not to yield as I was about to pass under the light, we collided and she pushed my car into the truck. I wanted to get out and beat the **** out of the driver, but realized it was a pregnant lady, so I just helped her get out and put her to the side.

Best part was that she didn't have insurance and it was a company car called "Elete transportation" which I found out to be a ghetto version of uber.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 01:31 PM

my favorite body and color...this is so sad.

many hugs
Old Apr 1, 2016, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
HollyCrap! is that a fuel tank that you hit?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by thechriskarel
my favorite body and color...this is so sad.

many hugs
Took me 2 years to find one in this clean condition and 55k miles. I'm broken inside, but I'm really gearing towards pulling the front end apart, fixing it, and turning it into a track ****.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
HollyCrap! is that a fuel tank that you hit?
Yessir; however, it was a diesel tank and diesel doesn't ignite as quickly as gasoline. If it was gas, I would've probably ended up going paul walker style.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 08:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry for your loss man but a car can be replaced not a life... glad you're ok!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Yeah that sucks but at least you were able to walk away. Hope you can get back in a good condition one soon.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
They should have arrested the other driver destroying a nice evo like that is definately a crime.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 12:33 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by MitsuRishi
Yessir; however, it was a diesel tank and diesel doesn't ignite as quickly as gasoline. If it was gas, I would've probably ended up going paul walker style.
WHOA. Glad no one was hurt. Best of luck. Hope everything works out.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
omg your car ran into the trucks gas tank. glad you are okay, sorry to see the evo got wrecked
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:13 AM

im extremely sorry to see that happened. but am glad to see that while the evo community may have lost another car, at least we didnt lose another owner.

hey, my evo was also destroyed by a careless driver a few months back. i was rear ended while i sat stopped behind a landscaping truck, which had stopped to wait for the school bus.

i think my car booked nearly around where yours did, a little over $13,000. the insurance company gave me just shy of $18,000 on the nose for the car, it was a AS IX MR and while my mileage was pretty high (126,000) it was very clean. i did not take the full insurance payment and kept the totaled car which took $4200 off the amount they gave me. i had planned to find a clean shell to swap all my parts over into, but at the time i was right in the middle of moving into my new house and realized i would have absolutely nowhere to store this wrecked car at my new place. i sold it complete within three or four days of listing it for a little over $6k.

i think a clean, lower mileage car such as yours could get up to $19,000 from the insurance company. if you have any modifications or recent maintenance i would send them all the receipts and fight them tooth and nail for every penny you can. i have been searching day and night for another evo since the day i sold mine and have not been able to find a car priced even close to the same as mine was when i bought it unless they have ridiculously high miles, lots of questionable modifications, a salvage title, or other issue.

i hope things go for well for you and im sorry for your loss, but from my experience its tough to get back into a clean evo.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 01:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This could have been much worse. Especially considering you hit the fuel tank. You are truly blessed.

Quick Reply: RIP Evo