Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Moroso Oil Accumulator Setup

Old Oct 10, 2016, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moroso Oil Accumulator Setup

Hi guys,

I have recently built a new stroker motor for my 7RS which is primarily used for circuit racing here in Australia.

With anything new, shiny and expensive the paranoia has set in firmly so we have performed some upgrades to the oil system, added a 2nd AN10 breather off the rocker cover, a custom baffled sump (similar to the burschur one with some minor changes) and a 3QT moroso oil accumulator.

My questions relate to the accumulator, not many people here run them on Evo's and I would like to know what sort of precharge settings people over there in the USA run on them, its currently set to 15psi precharge but that does seem a little low, some GTR guys are running them at 30-40psi over here. Is that too high?

Also what level do you run your oil at on the dipstick when the accumulator is full?

I had a shakedown last weekend and oil was filling the catch can pretty quickly, hoping to have this resolved for some testing this week with a Kiggly HLA (no balance shaft in this new motor and turbo is now fed off the oil filter housing) and some extra baffling in the rocker cover

The engine sees a max of about 6Bar of oil pressure.

Cheers

Matt

Name:  2016-10-08%2008.05.12_zpsenlvouzs.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  395.3 KB
Name:  2016-09-03%2011.46.03_zpsqujguqat.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  263.3 KB
Old Oct 11, 2016, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I do believe that the precharge pressure needs to be set according to the idle oil pressure in some way. Don't quote me. I need to do more reading as an accusump will likely be something i do to my track car soon.

You will get more and better educated results if you post this is in the Competition/Motorsports section here on Evom. i know there are quite a few guys that regularly visit that subform here that have pretty serious track cars.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ReidFletcher
I do believe that the precharge pressure needs to be set according to the idle oil pressure in some way. Don't quote me. I need to do more reading as an accusump will likely be something i do to my track car soon.

You will get more and better educated results if you post this is in the Competition/Motorsports section here on Evom. i know there are quite a few guys that regularly visit that subform here that have pretty serious track cars.
Accusumps instructions on their webpage indicate that the precharge should be initially at 60psi.