Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone use an Android Lolipop Device for Audio as well as data log via OBD2?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 05:14 AM

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Anyone use an Android Lolipop Device for Audio as well as data log via OBD2?

Hey all!

I am so keen to try to get something like this setup and working for me. Why oh why did evoscan never end up in an app form? I see their site last sold out of their preloaded nexus devices back in February 2016... Why they didn't make a bloody app and make money that way? Seems crazy to me to want to choose which device consumers have to use if they want to track data via a tablet... Just sell the app...

Anyway, I want to use something similar to this:

But i want to log wideband, knock etc via UBD2 cable, not bluetooth... what setups are others using?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
This is an excellent question. I'm interested to hear what people are using out there for data logging...

I bought a couple used Defi gauges with damaged sensor wires... come to find out the sensors are very expensive... in thinking twice about installing the Defi setup in my car and monitoring 2 values when I could possibly go with some form of screen where I can monitor Everything.... (seems like the wiser choice)

I already bought a used tactrix 1.3u.. could I just get a screen for that?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
^^ The tactrix 2 allows you to log direct to the cable once you have a SD card with the correct settings on it.

Some folks had pointed out to the EvoScan folks that they should have sold a standalone app but they felt they'd make more profit with the bundled deals.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 08:34 PM

Well glad this was not a silly question haha. From the evoscan website the last lot of bundled deals sold out over 14 months ago... Think of all the app sales they would be pulling in since then with ZERO effort required...

Is there an app you can use from an android device that will communicate with a tactrix 2 I wonder? Would be awesome to see real time as well as have the ability to data log at the same time...
Old Apr 19, 2017, 04:15 PM

BUMPSKY

Any tech geaks out there that have had a play with an idea like this? I posted this in general as I asked a similar question in the audio forum but got not much response and hoped there would be more visibility in general chat...
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by gotblkr
Well glad this was not a silly question haha. From the evoscan website the last lot of bundled deals sold out over 14 months ago... Think of all the app sales they would be pulling in since then with ZERO effort required...

Is there an app you can use from an android device that will communicate with a tactrix 2 I wonder? Would be awesome to see real time as well as have the ability to data log at the same time...
Yeah when it logs unto the card it writes the log unto the card. Best way would be to get a USB cable to the tactrix 2 and then you'd need something that could understand how to read what was coming off that cable. Not sure if anyone has really put in the work to make that happen.