Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Confused regarding realistic performannce???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nemsin
Torque seems very high and likely to wreck a stock transfer case.

Given that there may very well be differences in the dyno you guys use down there, I would reach out to these two shops and see what they think
http://www.hypertune.net/
http://meek.com.au/ocart2/
Yep, I might give them a yell, meek use to service my car (from previous owner). Cheers
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by gotblkr
Check out and make contact with Benny @ Benchmark Solutions. He is on facebook and is widely regarded as one of the best tuners in the eastern states. I know he flies into various areas to tune cars, so at the very least he could provide you with support from his knowledge of the evo platform.. hope this helps
Cheers, looks like I will have to rejoin fb lol
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
You have a decently long mod list, with a built block and a turbo that should make 400whp easily.
Can you get a better picture of your dyno sheet? How much boost?
I will get a proper scanned version when I can get ahold of a scanner. Boost is 22psi I think
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:41 AM

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Benny @ Benchmark Solutions used to have a bit of a presence on Evo Oz Forum if you don't like facebook. Not sure if he still does, that forum is run by complete jerks and is now pretty much a ghost town as a result. But worth a try...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by gotblkr
Benny @ Benchmark Solutions used to have a bit of a presence on Evo Oz Forum if you don't like facebook. Not sure if he still does, that forum is run by complete jerks and is now pretty much a ghost town as a result. But worth a try...
From looking at the cars on their fb page, all the 2.3l evos on 98oct don't surpass 400 awhp, so it seems my car has realistic power... :/ if that's the case.. I wasted my money on my lancer....
Old Apr 21, 2017, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Try a different turbo. The ATP Garrett Stock Location GTX3582R is not particularly popular in the US (or any ATP stock location turbo for the evo for that matter).

What is your hp goal?

The largest stock frame I would suggest is a Blouch EVO IX-Dominator 3.0XTR-2 http://www.bptstore.com/Evolution-IX...TR-_p_149.html

For a local option, check out GTpumps they are in Australia and have a number of stock frame options for the evo http://www.gtpumps.com.au/

If you are willing to consider not sticking with stock frame, Hypertune makes some amazing EFR based turbo kits for the Evo. But they are expensive.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe go the E-tune route. Rick Barcena from Road Race Engineering does really good tuning on these cars every day. Hit him up on Facebook and ask him a few questions ... he won't disappoint.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by SEETO
There is not many tuners to choose from here... Only heard bad things from them all
I suggest looking into Etuners!
Originally Posted by WW03VIII
Maybe go the E-tune route. Rick Barcena from Road Race Engineering does really good tuning on these cars every day. Hit him up on Facebook and ask him a few questions ... he won't disappoint.
This is a great choice, rick tuned my first evo he knows what hes doing!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Maybe a weight problem.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 04:04 PM

Try a different turbo. The ATP Garrett Stock Location GTX3582R is not particularly popular in the US (or any ATP stock location turbo for the evo for that matter).

What is your hp goal?

The largest stock frame I would suggest is a Blouch EVO IX-Dominator 3.0XTR-2 http://www.bptstore.com/Evolution-IX...TR-_p_149.html

For a local option, check out GTpumps they are in Australia and have a number of stock frame options for the evo http://www.gtpumps.com.au/

If you are willing to consider not sticking with stock frame, Hypertune makes some amazing EFR based turbo kits for the Evo. But they are expensive.
I can't afford to try another turbo, this was my last hu-rah. Cost me 13k for this project. (Little over 5k for turbo, intake throttle body, 5k engine machine, gaskets etc.. 3k for tuning..) I'm tapped out
Old Apr 21, 2017, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

I can't afford to try another turbo, this was my last hu-rah. Cost me 13k for this project. (Little over 5k for turbo, intake throttle body, 5k engine machine, gaskets etc.. 3k for tuning..) I'm tapped out
I would put the stock turbo back in. The 6.5 turbo is capable of 360whp (with cams), and will spool much faster than that ATP setup.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 07:24 PM

I would put the stock turbo back in. The 6.5 turbo is capable of 360whp (with cams), and will spool much faster than that ATP setup.
TME turbo long gone, this is my 4th turbo now, also knowing my luck I will get like 260whp with the tme turbo. Are u in US or Aus? Because it seems Aus make a lot less power then US
Old Apr 21, 2017, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
3k? FOR TUNING!

What!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

TME turbo long gone, this is my 4th turbo now, also knowing my luck I will get like 260whp with the tme turbo. Are u in US or Aus? Because it seems Aus make a lot less power then US
I am in the US, but I know there are some evos down under putting up good numbers.

Can you get any stock turbo evo dyno charts from the dyno your car was on? That way we can see how they compare to what we usually see here for stock turbo cars.

For a stock turbo evo (maybe with some bolt-ons) on a dynojet I usually see ~330-350whp from 92oct @ ~25psi.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 08:23 PM

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
I see plenty of east coast built evos pushing over 500 kw at the wheels on e85, they would have to be making 400hpaw on 98 without breaking a sweat...

Last edited by gotblkr; Apr 21, 2017 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Confused regarding realistic performannce???